Fan Art Something Unlimited - Sprite Re-Mix and Fanart Thread

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Jimwalrus

Sep 15, 2021
Hahahahahahahahahaha... ...No.

Sorry, but I can't commit to doing that - it's a lot more work than it first appears.
The AI-generated images can be set to run in the background while I work from home, I then grab the best and upload them.
Making them workable in a game is an awful lot more demanding in terms of attention and effort.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hahahahahahahahahaha... ...No.

Sorry, but I can't commit to doing that - it's a lot more work than it first appears.
The AI-generated images can be set to run in the background while I work from home, I then grab the best and upload them.
Making them workable in a game is an awful lot more demanding in terms of attention and effort.
To follow up on this, I suppose that I should be more clear by what I mean by 'art curator/director' for SU ReImagined...

Said person would be looking through the artwork in this thread, identifying the most suitable artwork that fits with SR7's style, that could be used ingame.

FOR NOW, they'd just be collecting new artwork, and perhaps asking for modifications to various pieces if the contributors of said art are so inclined.

Then, as people pop up that want to code new scenes and such, said art director would help these people find the artwork that they need.

I'm pretty busy with a lot of stuff, plus when I'm working on SU ReImagined as time and energy permits my focus is on on interface and gameplay related stuff, and to be honest I've simply lost track of who did what in this thread and which pieces are more relevant, and my time is better spent right now focusing on interface and gameplay as that is sorely needed. New 'girlpack' content is needed too, but the hope is that more people can step in to fill that gap.

In any case, I'm sure that some of Jimwalrus 's art would be put to use at some point, but that's a 'we will get there eventually' sort of thing.

In the meantime, Jim is helping in his own way, and that's perfectly fine! Having someone that is willing to maintain an archive of all the art in this thread is a worthy cause as well!
;)

Reactions: Jimwalrus

EatBootyIDo

Apr 7, 2021

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Soooo, I'm having one of my silly brainstorm moments, and am wondering if...

Would anyone like to take a stab at creating the Stargate SG1 Team, specifically Captain/Colonel Samantha Carter, Daniel Jackson, and Teal'c, in the SR7 style? I have this Egypt heist/mission idea thingie in mind...

Clothed preferably - yeah I know, so boring, Samantha nude as a bonus pic could be fun...

O'Neal, Vala and/or Mitchell not required, but if you want to 'complete the set'... Vala could be fun though!

AI generated in the SR7 style is fine, these are for a 'one off' thing. Separate sprites please, no background needed (I have one in mind...)

Edit: I also wouldn't mind seeing this gal:

golden_glider.jpg

Golden Glider from Harley Quinn. This outfit is fine. I am aware that this is a Retcon, Golden Glider/Lisa Snart is normally blonde in the comics, but I'd prefer her with the black hair. The theory is that she's half-asian but I'm retconning her again as maybe having a bit of Egyptian heritage in her family tree somewhere...

Also, one of these...

doctorfategal.jpg

Yep, I'm also looking for a female Doctor Fate in the SR7 style. Hair is your choice, although I do like the ponytail in the sample pic here. The main thing is 'NOT Zatanna in a Doctor Fate mask'. I am aware that Zatanna has donned the mask at some point in one of the timelines, but that's not an Earth 69 thing (yet...), in my mind anyways!

Again, this is for a 'one off' side plot idea thingie that I have in mind, although Golden Glider and the Doctor Fate gal could be fun as ongoing SU ReImagined characters, if someone wanted to create a sprite set for them.

Last edited:

Jimwalrus

Sep 15, 2021
Soooo, I'm having one of my silly brainstorm moments, and am wondering if...

Would anyone like to take a stab at creating the Stargate SG1 Team, specifically Captain/Colonel Samantha Carter, Daniel Jackson, and Teal'c, in the SR7 style? I have this Egypt heist/mission idea thingie in mind...

Clothed preferably - yeah I know, so boring, Samantha nude as a bonus pic could be fun...

O'Neal, Vala and/or Mitchell not required, but if you want to 'complete the set'... Vala could be fun though!

AI generated in the SR7 style is fine, these are for a 'one off' thing. Separate sprites please, no background needed (I have one in mind...)

Edit: I also wouldn't mind seeing this gal:

View attachment 2649776

Golden Glider from Harley Quinn. This outfit is fine. I am aware that this is a Retcon, Golden Glider/Lisa Snart is normally blonde in the comics, but I'd prefer her with the black hair. The theory is that she's half-asian but I'm retconning her again as maybe having a bit of Egyptian heritage in her family tree somewhere...

Also, one of these...

View attachment 2649889

Yep, I'm also looking for a female Doctor Fate in the SR7 style. Hair is your choice, although I do like the ponytail in the sample pic here. The main thing is 'NOT Zatanna in a Doctor Fate mask'. I am aware that Zatanna has donned the mask at some point in one of the timelines, but that's not an Earth 69 thing (yet...), in my mind anyways!

Again, this is for a 'one off' side plot idea thingie that I have in mind, although Golden Glider and the Doctor Fate gal could be fun as ongoing SU ReImagined characters, if someone wanted to create a sprite set for them.
OK, there are some excellent existing models of Sam, Jack, Daniel and Teal'c on , so here's the first few WIPs of Sam:
00016-3417622111.png 00018-3417622113.png 00025-3417622109.png 00029-3417622109.png
Backgrounds will be removed later (or removed better than above)

Could you DM me with the pose requirements for each character? I'll see what I can do.

Edited to add:

"I'm trying to get dressed for the mission, Luthor. Can this wait?"
00058-3417622114.png

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
I think I got the battlesuit colors down but something still seems a bit off, . . .

iron-man-lex-luthor-brainiac-deviantart-youtube-png-favpng-0m4abtNGjpLrcj6WpF97QceNF.jpg

Actually, I've got the base linework done and I'm working on the arm and hand variations you specified before I go into the shading and highlighting. (see attached) It'll be awhile yet to get everything and we can discuss changes as needed

Lex Luthor Battlesuit Base.png

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
Alright all of you happy campers, it's group project time! OhWee has asked for a full suite of images of Luthor in his battlesuit. I've agreed to do base artwork of the body and arm positions. So far, I've finished two of them (attached), I've got 3 more to do along with a possible 4th. I only have this artwork done in single base color. To bring it up to the quality level that OhWee needs for the game, the images will need color shading and highlighting as shown on the "found" battlesuit (attached) I provided to OhWee earlier. (Additionally, inserts of the 2 variant Luthor faces as well)

For me to do all of that, I will quickly run out of time. I can provide the base artwork, but I'm going to need some help doing the shading and highlighting. It doesnt matter what hardware or software that you use, so long as the full suite of images match and are in the SU style, . . .

Lex Luthor Battlesuit Variations  001.png Luthor Battle Suit 001.png

Any of you artists out there want to take a shot at it?

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes