Fan Art Something Unlimited - Sprite Re-Mix and Fanart Thread

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Lovekraut

Apr 15, 2022
I tried out that WW color gradient and it seems to be too light? I used SW's neutral pose with WW's head and here's what I got:

View attachment 3214997

For comparison here's the same with BC's head which the gradient seems closer to:

View attachment 3214999
Yeah, that's the tricky part. Since the gradient was set for Vixens darker skin tone you need to double click the gradient and start tweaking.
Here's what I came up with for now moving everything a little to the right.
Screenshot 2023-12-29 164206.png

And for the best result you'll always need to color the nipples separately.

Lovekraut But I really have to ask of you, of any chance to edit together some kind of swimsuit for Raven?
I'll have a look tomorrow.

NuYellow

May 2, 2021
I tried out that WW color gradient and it seems to be too light? I used SW's neutral pose with WW's head and here's what I got:

View attachment 3214997

For comparison here's the same with BC's head which the gradient seems closer to:

View attachment 3214999
On using Gradient map, you need to first understand how Gradient map works on both GIMP and PS. What "Gradient map" does is that the program will detect the Base image's colour composition and apply the Gradient map from lighter parts to deeper colour parts respectively.

So take lovekaurt's WW gradient map for example, the gradient map is made to apply a light tone skin(WW) to a deep colour tone skin character (Vixen). What you want to do, is:
-Finding out on the BASE skin, what is the threshold for program decide to progress into the deeper colour parts. And match the Colour Stops (black arrows) to that threshold accordingly.

See the following two Gradient map for example, (1) is for character specifically with Vixen's deep colour composition, while the (2) one is for character with light colour tone.
Palette_to_Gradient_3.jpg
*you still need the black colours for Vixen's, but it's an old set of images I had in an old conversation, lots of correction and things I'd learnt since then. You ABSOLUTELY dont need that many Colour stops in a well tested Gradient Map, it's just GIMP's testing process makes it hard to find where exact is the threshold. My PS Gradients looks like this
Gradient Example2.png
Result:
result.jpg

The process is a lot of trial and error even on PS, as Lovekaurt mentioned. PS's gradient is more easy to understand and real time applies can save yourself from your own temper a LOT.

Last edited:

deadshots2842

Apr 30, 2023
Sry for not getting back to you sooner but I had to figure out how to do this in GIMP.
My favorite method of changing skin colors is GRADIENT MAPS. Essentially you can create color palettes based on one character and apply it to another.
View attachment 3214779

I'm still struggling to explain this in a good way. For now - download this WonderWoman-Gradient I created:

Put in in your gradient folder which by default should be in this location:
C:\Users\ ...your user name ...\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\gradients

If you dont see the Gradients-Tap in GIMP:
View attachment 3214806

See my first image on how to apply the gradient.

There's more to discuss and question will come up. Just ask me. :geek:
Maybe I'll do a video tutorial but I don't have the energy right now. :poop:

Do you have an example? Do you want WonderWomans head on Redclaws body or the other way around?
Yeah wonder women and redclaw are the same lol and thanks for the details I'm upgrading from a used rtx3050(only GPU with good pricing at the time somehow)to new 3060 I'll try something when my pc is up and running.

Aquila22

Aug 5, 2022
I was hoping someone could try to do edits of these?
082499082ffd0773d992d965bcd4e85f.jpeg
Edit it so Lex is fucking her from behind

c8ad2c7faf7c99f7626869e339606250.jpeg
Edit it with Lex's pose in Terra's MB scene so it fits together

I feel like these would be good poses for headswapping with other characters too.

Lovekraut

Apr 15, 2022
Please don't make me come rescue you.
SR7_fanedit_Raven_Swimsuit_Baywatch.jpg
On using Gradient map, you need to first understand how Gradient map works on both GIMP and PS. What "Gradient map" does is that the program will detect the Base image's colour composition and apply the Gradient map from lighter parts to deeper colour parts respectively.

So take lovekaurt's WW gradient map for example, the gradient map is made to apply a light tone skin(WW) to a deep colour tone skin character (Vixen). What you want to do, is:
-Finding out on the BASE skin, what is the threshold for program decide to progress into the deeper colour parts. And match the Colour Stops (black arrows) to that threshold accordingly.

See the following two Gradient map for example, (1) is for character specifically with Vixen's deep colour composition, while the (2) one is for character with light colour tone.
View attachment 3215158
*you still need the black colours for Vixen's, but it's an old set of images I had in an old conversation, lots of correction and things I'd learnt since then. You ABSOLUTELY dont need that many Colour stops in a well tested Gradient Map, it's just GIMP's testing process makes it hard to find where exact is the threshold. My PS Gradients looks like this
View attachment 3215215
Result:
View attachment 3215160

The process is a lot of trial and error even on PS, as Lovekaurt mentioned. PS's gradient is more easy to understand and real time applies can save yourself from your own temper a LOT.
I probably watched half an hour worth of GIMP tutorials when I was like "Wait ... Didn't NuYellow PM me this comprehensive explanation some time ago :poop: "

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes