Rica2

Apr 6, 2019
I'm curious is she supposed to be a new heroin you capture the old way with a villain and a device or is she just going to be put in the cell straight away and also when they say they're still testing do they mean the game or everybody's patients cuz at this rate I wouldn't be surprised the next update for summertime Saga comes out before before this hell the next update for Treasure and Nadia is coming out tomorrow and we all know that's going to be on time

Henshinvolt

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2018
So the point is that SR7 is not engaged in a remake, but is working on content, and someone else is engaged in a remake and work on it is not constantly carried out, and in order to catch up it will take about 2 years at this pace.

Henshinvolt is a regular guest on this topic, and has information better than me, maybe he can explain.
There is someone working on a remake (some people on the discord like to call him Mysterio but he isn't on the discord or anything like that. He seems to be working part time on the rebuild for somewhat close to a year but I feel like less than a year of actual development has happened with it. People keep repeating the 2 year thing when its been about a year which gives you a sign of stuff.
I've been thinking about this, and there is a pretty simple solution that would cut down development time by a lot:

Scrap the Vault.

It's one of the worst coded, buggiest sections of the game that probably takes up the majority time of both dev and testing, and yet it's not even a primary feature. No matter how much time they spend on it, there is always a scene that doesn't unlock, a back button missing on a page, or an entry that plays the wrong thing. It clearly wasn't built to be scalable or in a way that's easy to add new things to it, and worst of all it's not even a good implementation of the feature they are trying to make. It doesn't replay scenes, it just shows the static art sans dialog, and the majority of the vault content can be seen in a more complete form already with a minimal amount of effort on the player's part since most are from repeatable content.

So what do you do? Leave the code as it is to prevent more bugs, hide the button to access the area and forget any of it ever happened. And when you get some free dev cycles, work on a new system from the ground up that is actually designed properly, one that is meant to accept new entries and maybe one that doesn't need to have everything created manually. Once that works as intended, then you worry about adding it back in.

Continuing to sink more effort into a thoroughly broken system that doesn't even meet the feature requirements expected by the users is just a waste of everyone's time.
Yeah the scenes are connected to the vault but seeing how only visuals works shows he hasn't planned ahead with that. On the discord he has mentioned if he took the vault out of a release it would probably not come back.
From the previously sounded information, as far as I remember, Vault is directly related to scenes and their performance, so SR7 will have to work on it one way or another.
You're right, it has caused bugs for scenes in the past.
This absolute king asking the real questions this afternoon.

View attachment 1084291
Not a good sign for sure.
Crush was suggested a lot on the discord so kinda nice to see that.
Would Crush be the first character in the game that hasn't been in any animated series? That feels like it could open a few doors.
The closest is Rose Wildon/Ravager who has a Teen Titans Go design (and some alternate universe version where she looks rather different)
Rose_Wilson.jpg de1a85f96c5f23b33e96ae915f878876.jpg download (2).jpg

KamiKazoo

Jul 11, 2017
Oh the one hand, yay always love more goth/punk girls.

On the other hand, we're still being strung along with release dates.

Easy come easy go I guess.

Reactions: Cuck man

MMIB

Jul 15, 2020
I don't mind Crush being added but she better be able to be thrown into the fucking GS and MB
I feel like she's deffo gonna be more event related, like Cheshire, rather than put in with the other heroines, so I wouldn't be too optimistic about being able to put her in there.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
lol, isn't she a lesbian? Pretty based, wonder if Bat Woman will get same treatment. Wonder if we'll get Djinn down the line too, seems like an easy character for the summoning mechanic.
Not only is she a lesbian, but she's also a character who hasn't ever been presented as anything more than 14-15 years old outside of one future state scene where she's in the background and based on her artwork they haven't even bothered to increase her age. Which would make Crush our potential first victim of some extremely icky content and I know as soon as I post this will have people up in arms about me pointing it out. To which I do this::rolleyes:

Grayking666

Oct 22, 2017
Not only is she a lesbian, but she's also a character who hasn't ever been presented as anything more than 14-15 years old outside of one future state scene where she's in the background and based on her artwork they haven't even bothered to increase her age. Which would make Crush our potential first victim of some extremely icky content and I know as soon as I post this will have people up in arms about me pointing it out. To which I do this::rolleyes:
hahahahahaha nah bro. She's 18. The game says so on the disclaimer. Also in an H game, no one cares what gender, race, or sexual orientation you identify as...you getting dicked down.

ChefGoldblum

Mar 1, 2018
I wasn't familiar with the character before teasertalk, but as the "Who asked for this?" include sunset likes to do I'm on board with this pick. As an actual punk motif hopefully she has more piercings. A shame only one costume for Blackfire is the only option so far in the game.

Reactions: Cuck man

KristopheH

Mar 8, 2018
well crush is one of the most popular new dc characters and to be it's fun for something different,like she has that punk rock look which is something unique to her
I get that. But this game is overflowing with unnecessary characters. And it was supposed to be focused on the DCAU. Crush is another character we don't need. And if we absolutely have to have new characters, why not Fire, Ice, Gypsy, etc. Y'know, actual DCAU characters.
I like that the comment before yours explicitly states that she was requested a lot by the discord
His discord? His echo chamber of sycophants? It's a silly place, full of silly people. (I used to be a member, back when I was one of Sunset's Patrons.)
Agree, Crush...... lack of sex appeal. We can see too many punk girls in bars and TV programs, so please focus on some "real" superheroines.
Probably why she's being added - appeal to the masses. Ugh.

4.10 star(s) 159 Votes