Henshinvolt

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2018
You know one thing I wish they would add to this game is more spanking scenes. Like so far it's only teenage characters who have a spanking option. And while that's great, I really wanna spank more mature and uppity characters like Lois, Hawkgirl, Talia and of course, Wonder Woman and Superwoman.

Just me? Okay.
Lois makes the most sense to have a spanking scene with the way she acts. Talia would be a rather interesting one.

Classic Krieger

Aug 1, 2017
You can do whatever you want, but don't tell other people how to handle their money.
Don't like delays? Don't support SR7. But I don't understand why some people think that they know better than me how to manage my money and should I or not support this or that developer and call those who do not share their hatred "fuckers".

I don’t care about delays because I have many other options for how to keep myself busy, I don’t go to Patreon every day waiting for “when is the update?!?”
And a few bucks a month is very little for me, damn it, I spend a lot more on coffee...
Although, perhaps if the release of a new version of SU takes a very large place in life, it can be annoying, even if you receive content for free.

Oh ... To get the latest version "officially" you need to "donate" a certain amount to the developer, this is done to avoid problems. Yes, legally, this is not a purchase of goods,but it doesn't change the essence, you throw in a couple of bucks and get what you need. Don't you really get it? Or do you think you made some kind of discovery?

About the technical problems of the game... Say it to Bethesda Softworks, which persisted in keeping old bugs behind when the community had patched them long ago.
But then again, yes, SU has problems with the technical part, yes, there are problems with delays, yes, I realized that some cannot stand it.
But what I do not understand about this is that if there is so much annoying in the game and in how it is developed, why waste time on this, especially if you do not support the developer financially?
Why read the game thread on the forum, why not post a review and forget about it?
For example, after playing Mass Effect Andromeda and realizing what the new part is, I said to myself "to hell with this shit" wrote a review and forgot about it and was no longer interested and did not return, do not go to the forums on it.
However, some people liked Andromeda, and yes, indeed, some parts were done well (for example, the combat part), but I see no reason to argue and prove something.
I'm just tired of constant complaints about the technical state of the game and delays, especially if it stretches over several pages, this is not news for anyone for several years. And what's all for, to convince the others? But the majority already knows what the game is.
LMAO DID YOU JUST compare SU to any bethesda game. Skyrim which is roughly the most polished of it's games, took would you look at that, 6 years to complete. It took 100 people to make it. We're talking about voice acting, physics programming, quest mapping, model creation, world creation, graphics, music, etc etc. Then again, it's a ridiculously large 3D game with a world of quests and interaction.

SomethingUnlimited is basically a Gacha CG gallery at this point, that has no plot anymore, no intention of growing other than creating even more characters so they can keep teasing the patreons for the content they have asked for years. Built merely on whatever SR7 feels like working over less than a few hours and delivered every 3-4 months.

acwrig2

Mar 9, 2019
Is it just me or does Hawkgirl feels incomplete and has to be the laziest writing so far. The other characters usually have a personality shift after you've done the normal rotation but she just repeats the same thing with no shift in personality or dialogue.

Reactions: haooni and gnd53
Dec 28, 2018
There's a lot of options for just doing 3d model verison for this but it'd still quite a bit of work for modelling alone. There's no doubt that the key reason it keeps going is due to the art but everything else has been getting out of scope with each update and at this point, it's kinda late in the game to dial back or restructure without getting a lot more people upset with that risk.

1615888632.jpg

Mexdata

Apr 30, 2018
There's a lot of options for just doing 3d model verison for this but it'd still quite a bit of work for modelling alone. There's no doubt that the key reason it keeps going is due to the art but everything else has been getting out of scope with each update and at this point, it's kinda late in the game to dial back or restructure without getting a lot more people upset with that risk.

View attachment 1086948
I feel like the art is the only reason people play the game! or even have any interest. like there's a billion and one games where there's some janky 3D model but only one that captures the style of the DCAU... like sure reusing art is lazy but its still some of the best art in games like this!

Username7

May 1, 2017
So whatever happened to "Rebuilt?"
My understanding is that Locke was "working" on it in between palling around on Discord and being a PR disaster off, after he was no longer involved with the project hear say is that someone else was either going to or is working on it but not actively, so it's pretty much dead at this point and GG have decided to try to straighten out and improve the spaghetti as they work.

Reactions: FriendlyBear12
Oct 1, 2017

View attachment 1086948
I anit gonna lie...if the game looked like that im out. pretty sure most people like SU is because of the art style and how its based off Bruce Timm's style. Gunsmoke just need to plan their work properly and be more transparent with patrons instead of just posting teasers then hibernating for like half a month

Revan 12345

Feb 28, 2020
If you ask me, Sunset needs a little competition. Someone else should make a similar game. Make regular updates and let patrons to decide which character should be the next. You can hurt him only if you take his money.

Last edited:

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
If you ask me, Sunset needs a little competition. Someone else should make a similar game. Make regular updates and let patrons to decide which character should be the next. You can hurt him only if you take his money.
Unfortunately that'll only work if someone can match or exceed his art style, which is unlikely as he's one of the best 2D artists working in NSFW patreon games. The DCAU style is iconic and SR7's take on it is exceptional. Between that and that the fact that the DCAU is unique in not only having an extremely iconic art style but also a very wide range of heroic characters and you're not left with any franchises that can be used to compete with it and no one is going to waltz in and ape on not only SR7's style of game but also his chosen characters and design aesthetic. The only thing that will improve SR7's work rate is if his patreon numbers drop like a rock.

Henshinvolt

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2018
Is it just me or does Hawkgirl feels incomplete and has to be the laziest writing so far. The other characters usually have a personality shift after you've done the normal rotation but she just repeats the same thing with no shift in personality or dialogue.
Yeah I agree. I think one of the problems since he's somewhat more focused on visuals and making it look like he's done a lot he ends up making the characters story end at roughly anal and you've stopped mid story.

View attachment 1086948
It's pretty decent and I imagine easier to customise than the 2D stuff but the SR7 art is going to appeal to more people.
I would like to think one day I can get there but you'll find it hard to find people at the quality level of SR7.

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
well i will give the dev that the art is good but i think everyone just loves to fap to the fine ass lady heroins and villians lol. i just love's me a strong looking female guess that's why i think she hulk is so sexy.

Reactions: armion82
4.10 star(s) 158 Votes