cyan101

Apr 12, 2019
I used a programm to convert certain files to a Java /Unity Script from there on you can just scroll through parts of the code. Most is asset placements as well as scene placements, mostly spagetti from what I can tell, dont know íf the dev has a certain system for coding , but doesnt seem like it to me. From there on you have to search for certain key words he uses, thats how i managed to somewhat coordinate myself in there. Just so you knwo I didnt make any changes to the code and just watched how it likely was programmend and estimated how long it would take. You can also see that most of the code for cell scene reperat with changed variables like names, locations, requirements as well as finding the locations and so on. The hard part was for me to find special events like henchwomen / heroine scenes which I still dont t understand.
Most of my IT knowledge I got from advanced IT classes during my bachelor. Its simple coding knowledge and NOT coding knowledge in unity, but I understand enough general coding, to kinda understand some of the simpler lines, as well how long it would take a professonal or somebody with experience to make them.
And even if you have limited IT knowledge you can see that there are some code lines which arent implemented and will confuse people who try to make future improvements on the game. Even making mods for the game like the money one and heroine capture mod which exists are really hard to code in this confusing mess and may break the game in a future update when they decide to change or modify the source code.
From my limited point of view I would suggest them to pause development for like 4-5 month and either fix the code (difficult and may break the game) or to rebuild it from scratch , so you can make updates more easily. In the long term, if they plan to keep updating for 2 or more years it would make their lives a whole lot easier. I think, coding may take them like 20 hours max per update and managing conflicting lines, bugs and errors are likely the main center of work to get and update out, not counting assets.
they already tried with SUrebuilt lol

metadeos

Jan 23, 2018
I'm not being sarcastic. Before this update SUmmertime Saga released on a fairly consistent basis. Summertime Saga is a better game, with better content, with actual animation, larger releases, a better variety of content, and more fan desired content per update. It doesn't matter if it takes longer to update if the updates for it are more worthwhile than Something Unlimited's are... which is what happens every time. End of discussion.
I disagree on almost every point you made. I don't think Summertime Saga is a better game, the content (to me) is worse, the releases weren't noticeably larger or better when I was following it, the art is worse, and while yes there's more variety a lot of it wasn't interesting variety. Personally, I'd rather have one SU update than 2-3 SS updates, especially since SS breaks saves and you have to start again or get a save from someone else. And I don't think SS was particularly regular since mid-2019 or so, although I could be wrong.

Reactions: actualrealname

jefxxxyxyz

Nov 10, 2018
I know there's mixed opinions on leash scenes, but the fire sisters really are deserving of having a double leash option. The only other pair that would be as good would be Mercy and Harley or Chesh/Artemis to make them get along, but I feel that's less likely.
It wouldn't be mixed if they were real leash scenes with the girls on leashes crawling. Cheshire/Artemis should have Cheshire walking Artemis. Blackfire Starfire would make more sense with both of them crawling or Star walking black.

Classic Krieger

Aug 1, 2017
Despite them aiming for a release on February 28th, a look at their Patreon history would have made it clear that the update wouldn't be out in the first half of this month, and that we should alter our expectations accordingly.

2020 releases:
  • 2.2.6 - 10 days late
  • 2.2.7 - 16 days late
  • 2.2.8 - 15 days late
  • 2.2.9 - 15 days late
  • 2.3 - 30 days late
They spent 20 days (!) dropping teasers, taking up half of this month. Someone said that the update could drop on April 1st, that aint no April Fools' joke but an actual credible guess.
Oh my god. And we're counting still the last update.

I think I read somewhere that today was gonna be the day for the update, but I bet not. Even his delays have delays.

Owlman8497

Jul 27, 2018
Still hoping for this weekend, but probably the new release window will silently be 3rd-4th week of the month if none of their subscribers objects to it.
I don't understand how they think when they finally do release this update there still won't be problems.

I mean sunset also said there is no additional content this time and it's the cells only. Also we are heading into April soon which was meant to be the next update.

4.00 star(s) 157 Votes