ratro

Nov 11, 2018
"We had originally planned to get this update out then do a small "tune up" update to fix issues and add in content that was cut through out the year. But things don't always go to plan and we've had a lot more trouble than was expected"

Me,myself and I conclude this is totally true and not fake at all, I'm not lazy! I swear it guys!

noctarima

Jul 14, 2020
Cambridge dictionary defines "professional" as "Someone who has worked hard in the same type of job for a long time and has become skilled at dealing with any problem that might happen.". By that definition I can say that SunsetRiders7 is really professional. Don't get me wrong, he is not a professional developer. He is a professional milker. Postponing Wonder Woman for ages and then just when the update is ready he decides to breaks his career record for most teasers released for an update and what a teaser those were so fucking different and original. Each one gave us a new perspective about the upcoming update :). He executed the same strategy for what 6 years? With the exact same strategy he is milking nearly 20k per month. I got nothing but respect for that. That is pretty fucking impressive.

xMendoza

Jan 2, 2018

A Change of Pace.
We had originally planned to get this update out then do a small "tune up" update to fix issues and add in content that was cut through out the year. But things don't always go to plan and we've had a lot more trouble than was expected. So we are going to combine the builds. Rather than do two turn-arounds this late in the year. Pulling back on Wonder Woman or other content isn't something we would like to do unless we absolutely had to.

Thanks for the patience guys, we will be sure to have it out before the end of this month.

View attachment 1500544
Okkkkkkkkk nice that at least he told us that the update will come at the end of the month. Yeah sure ''we will be sure to have it out before the end of this month'' for them try mean will be done at the end of this month.

Last edited:
Reactions: KaiserST

Owlman8497

Jul 27, 2018
Okkkkkkkkk nice that he at least told us that the update will come at the end of the month. Yeah sure ''we will be sure to have it out before the end of this month'' for them try mean will be done at the end of this month.
Not only have they given themselves a deadline they may not even meet. But they have mentioned combining two builds togethr.
We are getting 3 builds a year now & also we know this other build that is being combined is probably 1 or two additional scenes of supergirl and batgirl nothing majorly big.

lollapoza

Jun 30, 2019
It hurts to look at all this. Despite the fact that the game itself (although in all respects it is VN) i like, more and more I want him to have already closed the project or the game itself will fall apart.

pinkie96

May 12, 2017
I believe SR7 when he says bugs in the code are causing delays.

I also believe he has had plenty of time to redo the game from scratch but has instead chose to keep updating an already broken game, costing him more time than what a rebuild would've in the first place.

I just wish Something Trainer wasn't abandoned

Reactions: Marblecake

deltase7en

Jul 16, 2017
I dont think SR7 is lazy, his problem is a legacy of lack of knowledge in the inception of his game that came to bite him years later, and bad management, the guy is almost each week putting himself out there doing streams and answering questions, at least he is showing he is doing something, but if he continues to work like this, its going to be impossible for him to continue to work on this game the way its built, not because people are complaining or not, its just going to burn him out because of how many bugs one build will create.

Which comes to this, he came to discord and explained a few days ago that the problem is that whatever they try to change or add, it creates problems and they have to stop everything to fix, and now the complexity of the game just create this massive headache thats dealing with this, a few months i was datamining the game because i wanted to create a mod for it, and the code was literally what i expected from someone that never coded before, but wanted to make something simple out of, years later came to this and now he has to deal with it.

The solution its kind of simple actually, even though he tried and the programmer just bailed out of the project, he has to understand that this game its going to fall on itself if he doesnt plan to rebuild the source code from the ground up, what i would do(and do with my job as a developer when there is a need to replace a old important service thats still been used) its to develop in parallel to the current version of the game and feed the content in once the "skeleton" of the game is done and eventually, turn over to the new version, and management wise making a deliverable in 2 weeks and 1 week for testing, taking in to consideration how much can be done in the meantime, deciding on the size of the update between these weeks of development and having a close build for the next update, and of course, NEVER start teasing a new update if you arent even sure that its ready to go, people get pissed off not because there isnt a update, its more because there was a perspective of having a update, and in the day that should come the update, radio silence, just so the next day pushing for next week, people do get frustrated because its expected a product, which is, you want it or not, a fair criticism.

In conclusion, if they dont have plans to remake the code for this game, i dont think this game will have much of a lifetime, i can say for sure that looking at the code, i can see the hell that is to even touch it, so thats why i can see that he isnt lying and that he is trying, but at the end of the day, this problem its going to get way worse the more he puts content in and the tendency its for the updates to get larger times in between build releases, and i dont think even SR7 wants to deal with this, the only thing i would say its, people have the right to be mad but try to understand as well, SR7 in comparison i think its a great guy because he doesnt run from his community and get radio silence for years and just decide to talk for the game to not get the abandoned tag, the only thing that annoys me its, or people defend him as if its ok to keeping pushing the release another week(As if even SR7 think this is cool and ok) and demonize the people that gets frustrated about the releases, or just saying that he is lazy because the release have not come out when there are way more problems that if you just search for a few minutes, you can see that the problem its still his fault, but it has nothing to do with been lazy, he is working harder, but not smarter its what i concluded with the information that he gives from time to time, not that it really matters really, eventually the update will come out, i'm just kind of pissed from people on the discord defending the fact that its ok to just keeping pushing updates when there was a ETA and mocking people that are not happy about it, and people here that every time this happens, there is a he is lazy and worse or as bad as _*really bad developer that milks money from his patreon with no content to deliver*_, this game will never get better like this.

raey578

Jun 2, 2017

A Change of Pace.
We had originally planned to get this update out then do a small "tune up" update to fix issues and add in content that was cut through out the year. But things don't always go to plan and we've had a lot more trouble than was expected. So we are going to combine the builds. Rather than do two turn-arounds this late in the year. Pulling back on Wonder Woman or other content isn't something we would like to do unless we absolutely had to.

Thanks for the patience guys, we will be sure to have it out before the end of this month.

View attachment 1500544
I love how he says he will "try" to get the update out before the end of the month. He purposely uses vague words so when november 30th comes around, and ppl are wondering where the update is, his hard horndog patrons can be like, "he said he would TRY to get the update out, he didnt say it would definitely come out, just wait you losers." Its honestly amazing how sr7 doesnt even need to defend himself anymore, his patrons will .

raey578

Jun 2, 2017
I dont think SR7 is lazy, his problem is a legacy of lack of knowledge in the inception of his game that came to bite him years later, and bad management, the guy is almost each week putting himself out there doing streams and answering questions, at least he is showing he is doing something, but if he continues to work like this, its going to be impossible for him to continue to work on this game the way its built, not because people are complaining or not, its just going to burn him out because of how many bugs one build will create.

Which comes to this, he came to discord and explained a few days ago that the problem is that whatever they try to change or add, it creates problems and they have to stop everything to fix, and now the complexity of the game just create this massive headache thats dealing with this, a few months i was datamining the game because i wanted to create a mod for it, and the code was literally what i expected from someone that never coded before, but wanted to make something simple out of, years later came to this and now he has to deal with it.

The solution its kind of simple actually, even though he tried and the programmer just bailed out of the project, he has to understand that this game its going to fall on itself if he doesnt plan to rebuild the source code from the ground up, what i would do(and do with my job as a developer when there is a need to replace a old important service thats still been used) its to develop in parallel to the current version of the game and feed the content in once the "skeleton" of the game is done and eventually, turn over to the new version, and management wise making a deliverable in 2 weeks and 1 week for testing, taking in to consideration how much can be done in the meantime, deciding on the size of the update between these weeks of development and having a close build for the next update, and of course, NEVER start teasing a new update if you arent even sure that its ready to go, people get pissed off not because there isnt a update, its more because there was a perspective of having a update, and in the day that should come the update, radio silence, just so the next day pushing for next week, people do get frustrated because its expected a product, which is, you want it or not, a fair criticism.

In conclusion, if they dont have plans to remake the code for this game, i dont think this game will have much of a lifetime, i can say for sure that looking at the code, i can see the hell that is to even touch it, so thats why i can see that he isnt lying and that he is trying, but at the end of the day, this problem its going to get way worse the more he puts content in and the tendency its for the updates to get larger times in between build releases, and i dont think even SR7 wants to deal with this, the only thing i would say its, people have the right to be mad but try to understand as well, SR7 in comparison i think its a great guy because he doesnt run from his community and get radio silence for years and just decide to talk for the game to not get the abandoned tag, the only thing that annoys me its, or people defend him as if its ok to keeping pushing the release another week(As if even SR7 think this is cool and ok) and demonize the people that gets frustrated about the releases, or just saying that he is lazy because the release have not come out when there are way more problems that if you just search for a few minutes, you can see that the problem its still his fault, but it has nothing to do with been lazy, he is working harder, but not smarter its what i concluded with the information that he gives from time to time, not that it really matters really, eventually the update will come out, i'm just kind of pissed from people on the discord defending the fact that its ok to just keeping pushing updates when there was a ETA and mocking people that are not happy about it, and people here that every time this happens, there is a he is lazy and worse or as bad as _*really bad developer that milks money from his patreon with no content to deliver*_, this game will never get better like this.
Does anyone know why the programmer he hired bailed on the project?

lollapoza

Jun 30, 2019

It is useless to write such a tirade here. It is better to send such things to him personally.

Revan 12345

Feb 28, 2020

You're right. He makes himself a problem, because he doesn't want to "share the money" hire 3 more persons to help him out. I mean, realistically he doesn't need to hire someone from NA. People from Europe would gladly work for the lower paycheck.
He should focus only on drawing and hire 3 more persons to do the rest. He doesn't even need to finish the game. DC Universe has so much content that can be implemented into this game. At some point he can close the first part and start SU2.
This game could be so much more if he is ready to share the money with someone else. It could be well animated, with music and better storytelling.
He needs a screenwriter, animator and programmer.
It would be a less crunch and he would earn more money in the long run.

My only fear is that WB is going to shut down the whole thing.

Danlorn

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2017
My only fear is that WB is going to shut down the whole thing.
Nah, they already had some problems with WB years back when the game had a different name ("Injustice Unlimited"). IIRC Warner Bros just told GG to change the game's name and that was it, problem solved. SR7 mentioned they even praised his work or something like that.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019

A Change of Pace.

View attachment 1500544
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck this prick.

4.10 star(s) 158 Votes