claralover

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
I still don't understand how the code hasn't been refactored to minimize side affects at this point. I would understand if Sunset was pushing out new features to expand the scope of the game but he's not. It's a unity game, it's written in an object-oriented language. After a half dozen years I just can't wrap my head around the code being in such a shit state for a game that for all intents and purposes is a glorified slideshow centered around a cast of women all having the same redundant features.

Im just imagining Sunset building a whole new class for each and every girl from the ground up rather than inheriting a "Character" base class that already has a majority of that redundancy already accounted for.
you've pretty much nailed the problem, because from what I remember sunset was learning to code while making the game originally, so he's picked up bad habits and has stuck with them.

Henshinvolt

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2018
you've pretty much nailed the problem, because from what I remember sunset was learning to code while making the game originally, so he's picked up bad habits and has stuck with them.
The reason is he was using a early version of Fungus which has fundamental bugs and doesn't seem to be easily ported over to the modern fungus so the game would need to be built from the ground up to sort out the problems.

Reactions: KaiserST

frostyjames

Apr 7, 2018
Because it would mean more money and a better reputation, not saying that it would be instantaneous, I know that my own work desperately needs better marketing and manpower but at least I can say that I don't have the capitals to even attempt it. Does he intend to make SU forever? Can he work on something else while doing this? Given the past attempts it seems not, what happens once Sunset gets bored?
not everyone is ambitious and striving to make as much money as possible, most people want to balance free time and money, once they have enough, they say good enough and stop putting in the effort

Reactions: destroyerofassholes

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
Screenshot 2021-11-17 230035.png
Many of the characters feel like complete filler to me.

Though I guess it's hypocritical of me to say that and put Morgainne (or whatever tf her name was) up on A.

I just like her naked golden ass scene. I hope she gets content someday.

Reactions: Testerguy19

Walkaway

Feb 16, 2019
Hey guys, I have this bug where when I unlock Artemis' device to put her in her cell and try to visit her, the game freezes when I press the talk option. Anyone experiencing this? Anyone with a solution?

DougsLeftNut

Nov 13, 2017
And the size of the game. Every single character is drawn with separate layers that could be joined together before a scene begins. Yet he just puts all the pictures, as big-ass PNGs, making sure that soon enough no free host will allow him to distribute his ginormous executable. The fact I'm still able to get the Mac version to load is a miracle. I'm sure most Mac users believe the Mac version simply doesn't work though, with how long it takes to authenticate the app.
Not only the authentication issue, but the face that the only way I’ve figured out to open it in the current OS is using Kefka to unzip it. For some reason it won’t work using the regular program.

4.10 star(s) 158 Votes