Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
Yeah...Honestly I would have preferred if they took like 4 months for the update you know, like yeah people here would complain about the time is taking but that always happens in every thread, but like ok sunset is moving, say that to the patreons, say that the update is delayed and then in October release both mercy and about 50% of themyscira, that would be a bit better than well this.
This thinking is how we are where we are at now. He was posting this much content on the monthly and announced we would get more content if he waited a month. Double the content right? No. We get as much content as the monthly but now at two months instead of one. We got double the content for maybe the first year. Then it fell off.

Truth is, the developers in this genre are starting to get paid to not work more than they are. It's far more rewarding to give you a little content and stretch it out years vs having to actually work hard to produce something of value. Mostly because it's value is far far less than what it's being sold for. And the devlopers are not the ones that set the price. The buyers do.

ghostfreak445

Jul 5, 2019
I wonder how Sunset's patrons are reacting to his lie on Patreon? Are they dickriding him? Or have they finally found some common sense and started to call him out on his bullshit? There's no way they can defend him when the changelog contains stuff that the update does not.

Jimwalrus

Sep 15, 2021
how do you unlock the new event?
Assuming you've got WW captured and in the cells, go to the Hideout.
You may need to do it for a few days before it triggers.

Then go and get WW from the cells.

Don't get your hopes up, the Themyscara visit doesn't happen in this update.

Testerguy19

Nov 11, 2018
I wonder how Sunset's patrons are reacting to his lie on Patreon? Are they dickriding him? Or have they finally found some common sense and started to call him out on his bullshit? There's no way they can defend him when the changelog contains stuff that the update does not.
Check discord too

ejparkinson

Feb 21, 2019
how do you unlock the new event?
Not sure if this part is a necessary step but talk to Roulette about Wonder Girls and getting the ability to capture them. Then go to the legion hideout for a cutscene where Grail is introduced. After that, capture wonder woman and talk to her in her prison cell. No idea on what to do after that.

Thisguy2

Jan 23, 2020
This has to be the most asinine update I've seen for this games release. I cant even imagine actually paying for this, waiting half a year for an non update for two scenes for an character that should've been finished already and the announcement for announcement for a whole new area that's not even available yet.
Well fuckin see yall in a few months i guess, wake me up when Harley 2 or stargirl gets new content.

sonicboom007

Aug 29, 2020
The two devs I follow here are SunsetRiders and Mity. I usually don't like comparing projects with two completely different visions, but for this, I just can't help it. Mity, for the most part, has been consistent in putting out updates for their games that are almost always filled with a ton of content on an almost monthly basis. And the times they do have development issues, they make sure to let their patrons know and will quickly bugfix a broken build instead of leaving it to rot until next time. Meanwhile you have these guys who take 6 months to finish a build that should've been one update and not 3 and leave shit broken all while giving the flimsiest excuses every time.

punhetas

Nov 2, 2016
I get the impression the holdout on the mercy content last update due to bugs was actually to leave something for this update in case they couldn't add part of the new event.

I'll hold judgement in for the next update, since I'm still of the opinion updates should have a deadline.

Still, they've been promising this update for how long? Haven't they mentioned working on a big event since last Halloween? To not have anything to show now and already promise a bug fix/tweak update in November after the October Update seems to much foreshadowing.

Deepsea

Apr 20, 2017
The update is just these two scenes.
1.png 2.png

And I want to remind you that 2.3.7 was released . But he took time off to draw the X-Men girls through July. He then showed these over the past 2 weeks of events that arn't even in the game. Just two intro events at the legion, nude sprites for them in the game but not coded in and no intro events with the other amazons here. Not even going to Themyscira.

Because these events arn't in the game, Sunset just put a black box next to Lex to imply that someone was there and if you donate for the next month, you'll get to find out.
wwtalk12.jpg casTalk132.jpg
If anyone's got screenshots of the Discord, please DM to me so I can laugh at them with you.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
World Map
Offworld Map

3 Backgrounds

- Mercy Graves Content
- Cell Sex Scenes
- Cell Sex Cumshot Scenes
- Cell Anal Scenes
- Cell Anal Cumshot Scenes

- Themyscira Event

Island Map

29 Backgrounds

- Alexa Content
- Normal Costume
- Naked Costume

- Artemis Content
- Normal Costume
- Naked Costume

- Amazons Content
- Misczon 1 Costume
- Misczon 2 Costume
- Misczon 3 Costume

- Grail Content
- Normal Costume
- Naked Costume
- Legion Intro Scene

- Guards Content
- Normal Costume (White)
- Naked Costume (White)
- Normal Costume (Black)
- Naked Costume (Black)

- Hippolyta Content
- Normal Costume
- Naked Costume

- Myrina Content
- Normal Costume
- Naked Costume

- Nubia Content
- Normal Costume
- Naked Costume

- Oracle Content
- Normal Costume
- Naked Costume

- Persephone Content
- Normal Costume
- Naked Costume

- Phillipus Content
- Normal Costume
- Naked Costume

- Priestesses Content
- Priestess 1 Normal Costume
- Priestess 1 Naked Costume
- Priestess 2 Normal Costume
- Priestess 2 Naked Costume
- Priestess 3 Normal Costume
- Priestess 3 Naked Costume
OK, just wanted to say a couple of things about this. Thanks to scarlet sp33dster and others for posting this changelog.

How much of this is actually in 2.3.8?

- As far as I can tell, just the Mercy room sex sprites, and clothed and nekkid versions of Grail and Myrina (same pose). As for the other described assets, while they may be on SR7's hard drive, they don't appear to be included with the sprites for 2.3.8.

- Also, as far as I can tell, there are only two scenes involving Grail (one with Myrina), they are clothed both times. That's not worth updating my quick reference sheet for, for now anyways, as there isn't really any progression with either character, it's just laying the groundwork for the Themyscira event later.

---

So, while a lot of groundwork may have been done for 2.3.9, think of this update in this context:

1) A few bugfixes and an interface change (the world/offworld map mainly, click on the big honkin' globe at the top of the city map to access it).

2) The 'as promised' Mercy sex in room content that didn't quite make it for the last update. This is mainly just adding the 'rule of three' sex + anal scenes. There's a conversation after anal three times, but no nickname option at at that point, and no slut costume at at that point either as far as I could see in my playthrough. You can have sex with Mercy in different costumes though if that's your thing. I'm seeing three outfit options and of course the nekkid option in the sprites.

3) A couple of quick conversations with Grail, and Myrina shows up briefly too.

So, unless you really want to get it on with Mercy in her room (finally), and if you've done everything else, don't feel like you've missed anything with this update that won't keep until 2.3.9 drops, should you be considering holding off on downloading SU again until the next update..

The changelog does indicate that there's a lot of work going on to get the Themiscyra event implemented, and there's probably code for it lurking under the hood right now in 2.3.8, but nothing that you'll be able to access at the moment as far as I can tell.

Of course, I can't read the code itself, so I can't verify this, but if the complete overhaul/bugfix that was described in the associated Patreon post is INDEED finally happening, I for one welcome it. It's long overdue.

Carry on!
;)

4.10 star(s) 159 Votes