ghostfreak445

Jul 5, 2019
It's utterly fucking amazing how he has conditioned his whole payer base to wait as much as he wants. He has created over time, an irrefutable (for his patrons) excuse that he can and does constantly use to create an arbitrary amount of time he can laze around in, whenever he wants.
And because his patrons and discord members are dumbasses incapable of independent thought, they will just keep on giving him their own money for updates that for a while now never deliver in terms of either the promised content or the release window.

As a result of this, he'll keep earning an absurd amount of money for half-assed work, and will have no incentive to ever change his approach and actually stick to the release windows and deliver the promised content on time.

Reactions: GucciGang69

ShadowWarrior

Aug 3, 2017
And because his patrons and discord members are dumbasses incapable of independent thought, they will just keep on giving him their own money for updates that for a while now never deliver in terms of either the promised content or the release window.

As a result of this, he'll keep earning an absurd amount of money for half-assed work, and will have no incentive to ever change his approach and actually stick to the release windows and deliver the promised content on time.
That really sucks. If you're going to getting money to make a product, deliver on the quality. I know I have spoken much here as I've been busy on the other sub for SU, but it's maddening that SR7 is doing this.

Testerguy19

Nov 11, 2018
It's not like I always get to see Patreon comments since I don't pay for it, but we as consumers do deserve answers and giving feedback. In these situations we're not entirely owed to a mess of a game or have entitlement over it, but this psychology definitely breeds white knighting fans and defenders who won't back down mindlessly fending off criticism. Hell, you're the ones who are paying for it when the devs leech money off more than you think in unreasonable manners! The shock, awe and atrocity of it!

justme017

Aug 16, 2017
Seems like you have no idea of coding in general. As much as I hate their update shedule like everyone else, the code in this game if you can even call it code , is an absolut nightmare.
There is a good reason besides Unity nobody has ever made a mod for this game.
Actually, he’s not too far off. The static images overlaying a background are coded to move similar to the motion path functions in powerpoint’s animations settings. A single C# code can act as the transition manager/hyperlink directory. The scene management system is a series of booleans allowing onClick events to enable more bools.

For example:

Cheshire()
{
if(artemisScene5 && costume4)
{
cheshireIntro = true;
}
else return;
}

I mean, come on. Anyone that has access to the sprites and learns a little C# from youtube can build this game with more stability than his drag and drop Fungus project. You can even build a simple dialogue manager that automatically displays names and advances the text, which means you can spellcheck before copying text into Unity…

He started with Fungus back in 2016 because he couldn’t code. But he could have learned enough C# in the last 6 years to be able to fix this or even rebuild it, but he has chosen not to do so.

Jimwalrus

Sep 15, 2021
Actually, he’s not too far off. The static images overlaying a background are coded to move similar to the motion path functions in powerpoint’s animations settings. A single C# code can act as the transition manager/hyperlink directory. The scene management system is a series of booleans allowing onClick events to enable more bools.

For example:

Cheshire()
{
if(artemisScene5 && costume4)
{
cheshireIntro = true;
}
else return;
}

I mean, come on. Anyone that has access to the sprites and learns a little C# from youtube can build this game with more stability than his drag and drop Fungus project. You can even build a simple dialogue manager that automatically displays names and advances the text, which means you can spellcheck before copying text into Unity…

He started with Fungus back in 2016 because he couldn’t code. But he could have learned enough C# in the last 6 years to be able to fix this or even rebuild it, but he has chosen not to do so.
Bang on.

Or, using the hayooge amount of money he's getting every month he could, perhaps, employ someone who already knows C# (or Python to build it in Ren'Py which is probably even better suited to this game).

Before anyone mentions it, yes I know he tried the former and fell out with them. There's more than one C# dev in the world!

VeryGoodG0y

Mar 14, 2022
Seems like you have no idea of coding in general. As much as I hate their update shedule like everyone else, the code in this game if you can even call it code , is an absolut nightmare.
There is a good reason besides Unity nobody has ever made a mod for this game.
did u just said they wrote shitty code and told me that i dont know what code is even tho u also said program they made is not really a code?
are u fucking clinically minimally exceptional?

if u try implement something as primitive as image silder with some text boxes and u have issues with code then u either should use another engine or learn how to code.
idea to use unity for retarded slider show is also absurd. amateur jap programmers (who clearly cant code for shit, see how optimized illusion games are) were hand making shitty slider games for decades with no problems. also those jap slide "games" had actual sound implemented which seems to exceed dev coding capability.

btw i was coding morrowind mods likely before u were born.
trying to run game with 400 mods from makers who work independently, thats fucking nightmare, not 1 scammer who should know what he wrote.

edit

im reading the guy who "makes" it is not a even amateur coder. if he is not a coder/has no clue wtf he is doing and he is not an artist either, art is bought from another guy, wtf ppl pay him for. go to artist directly and let him hire pro coder. it makes no fucking sense for parasite middle man.

Last edited:

Jimwalrus

Sep 15, 2021
edit

im reading the guy who "makes" it is not a even amateur coder. if he is not a coder/has no clue wtf he is doing and he is not an artist either, art is bought from another guy, wtf ppl pay him for. go to artist directly and let him hire pro coder. it makes no fucking sense for parasite middle man.
Agreed.
However, he's not a middle man.
'Gunsmoke Games' is basically one guy (SunsetRiders7), the artist. He's ripping off Bruce Timm's style, but that's kind of the point (Rule34'ing the DCAU).
His art's pretty good and he's very knowledgeable about the lore, but yeah - not only is he not a coder, he can't even manage the basic IT project that the game has become.
He's become addicted to the money and can't let go of any of it to hire someone competent; which is what all that Patreon support is supposed to be paying for.

shzilla

Jul 31, 2022
Agreed.
However, he's not a middle man.
'Gunsmoke Games' is basically one guy (SunsetRiders7), the artist. He's ripping off Bruce Timm's style, but that's kind of the point (Rule34'ing the DCAU).
His art's pretty good and he's very knowledgeable about the lore, but yeah - not only is he not a coder, he can't even manage the basic IT project that the game has become.
He's become addicted to the money and can't let go of any of it to hire someone competent; which is what all that Patreon support is supposed to be paying for.
SunsetRiders7 when he realized that he can just lie in changelogs and still keep getting paid.

money.jpg

Jul 2, 2017
did u just said they wrote shitty code and told me that i dont know what code is even tho u also said program they made is not really a code?
are u fucking clinically minimally exceptional?

if u try implement something as primitive as image silder with some text boxes and u have issues with code then u either should use another engine or learn how to code.
idea to use unity for retarded slider show is also absurd. amateur jap programmers (who clearly cant code for shit, see how optimized illusion games are) were hand making shitty slider games for decades with no problems. also those jap slide "games" had actual sound implemented which seems to exceed dev coding capability.

btw i was coding morrowind mods likely before u were born.
trying to run game with 400 mods from makers who work independently, thats fucking nightmare, not 1 scammer who should know what he wrote.

edit

Wow you must be a very old guy then, and just because you can make mods for Creation Engine (a programm made exatly for the purpose of community content) doent make you a programmer. As a tip running Morrowind Skyrim or Oblivion with 400 mods is not impressive. Its an embarassement that you have to mention this. A guy with 10 minutes of time and a nexus mod account can do this. Lmfao you rly bragged beeing able to mod in Morrowind :LOL:

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 158 Votes