Danlorn

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2017
quick question. I know sunset draws and codes but who is this smokeshank guy and what does he do for the project, all he seems to do is type bs stories about how he's a ninja irl.
I believe it's mostly social media posts and adminning their discord server. I know it sounds like doing nothing, but when you're doing all this alone aside from working on the game, it can be a real pain in the ass, so if I were SR7 I'd be glad to have a guy like this by my side. Though, considering that's all the job he does and gets half of the profits for it, yeah he's a luckiest bastard for sure xD

Jul 2, 2017
this is just a fucking glorified powerpoint presentation, to have issues with its "code" is fucking laughable
Seems like you have no idea of coding in general. As much as I hate their update shedule like everyone else, the code in this game if you can even call it code , is an absolut nightmare.
There is a good reason besides Unity nobody has ever made a mod for this game.

• Angry
Reactions: GucciGang69
Oct 25, 2018
Seems like you have no idea of coding in general. As much as I hate their update shedule like everyone else, the code in this game if you can even call it code , is an absolut nightmare.
Is a nightmare because fungus is those plugins that "do" the code for you, ie made a lot of redundancy and whack things. That is the reason why the game has ballooning (the last time I check it) to almost 10 GB with no sounds and a few animations.

Reactions: destroyerofassholes

punhetas

Nov 2, 2016
Is a nightmare because fungus is those plugins that "do" the code for you, ie made a lot of redundancy and whack things. That is the reason why the game has ballooning (the last time I check it) to almost 10 GB with no sounds and a few animations.
ELI5, why can't they update the fungus plugin they are using and still have to use the beta version they started using back in the day, like they say?

Honest question, never used unity and the fungus plugin.

Adson123

Jun 29, 2020
ELI5, why can't they update the fungus plugin they are using and still have to use the beta version they started using back in the day, like they say?

Honest question, never used unity and the fungus plugin.
It would take some time to update it and he would need to hire some people to help, he tried in the past but when he saw that he need to pay those people to do their work, and he wants all the money for himself, sooo not gonna happen, why do you think to this day the game has no voice or sound what so ever

Unreal434

Sep 23, 2018
It would take some time to update it and he would need to hire some people to help, he tried in the past but when he saw that he need to pay those people to do their work, and he wants all the money for himself, sooo not gonna happen, why do you think to this day the game has no voice or sound what so ever
Yep that checks out. He is a pretty good artist but also a greedy short-sighted moron.

It kinda reminds me of Rogue-like situation where Oni, the artist does the code himself and needs the whole alphabet for version names during bughunts.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
I don't think you have any idea of coding either and you're just posing to look knowledgeable.

Reactions: Testerguy19
4.10 star(s) 158 Votes