Hater Supreme

Apr 16, 2020
'' We had problems running into other problems and real life issues grinding things to a halt! ''

Who had ''Also real life issues'' on their bingo card? You won!

wkl99

Jul 30, 2017
May I ask why is everyone always so angry about this? Yes, sunsetriders has been milking this game for years, always painting the same poses from scratch to prolong the "development" indefinitely, but are you paying for it? I seriously doubt that even 0.1% of people who are always commenting how this is never going to be finished paid a single dollar. So either enjoy it or ignore it. Wouldn't that be better?

Hater Supreme

Apr 16, 2020
May I ask why is everyone always so angry about this? Yes, sunsetriders has been milking this game for years, always painting the same poses from scratch to prolong the "development" indefinitely, but are you paying for it? I seriously doubt that even 0.1% of people who are always commenting how this is never going to be finished paid a single dollar. So either enjoy it or ignore it. Wouldn't that be better?
It would, but some people like to come here and bitch about SR7.

Not that I like all the delays, but at this point we all know what he is about, so why bother trying to change it, its not like we give him money.
Do your tardwranglers know you're here? Should I call them? Do you need a link to SR7 discord for you to fuck off and cope with his paypiggies about how the rest of the internet is mean to their sweetheart?

• Haha
Reactions: pantypriv

buff

May 29, 2017
I'm done with SR7. It used to be fun making fun of the very little content, but now this is just sad... And I can't even say how it is sad without getting my comment removed.
Hell of it is, SU used to be a model of delivery. Every month, right on time, boom. The updates weren't huge but they were *always* on time, for a long-ass time.

Then one day they gave a poll, the poll you see tons of devs eventually do. "Lots of small releases is too much overhead. If we release less often, you'll get more total content! Let's have a poll." The devs literally ask everyone to vote for fewer releases, and the fans do. A few people that actually understand software releases cycles warn against it, but nope.

So the releases go from monthly to "bi-monthly", and it turns out that with a wider schedule it's hard to maintain creative discipline. It turns out debugging twice as much code that is, on average, twice as old takes about 8x as long as it used to with monthly releases. With wider windows the release goals get more ambitious, which means they are even harder to estimate, which means deadlines slip. All the same shit that happens in any software project, and the reason the whole professional development industry moved to the "release early, release often" model in the 2010s.

And now here we are.......

Remember this sad story, my bros, the next time you see that goddammed poll in your patreon feed, asking for a wider release schedule because of "inefficiency" and "release overhead".

Last edited:

matriks

Engaged Member
Oct 4, 2017
How many people actually developing the game and is it true that they get dozens grands of dollars monthly?
About how many people develop dpnt know but about many its easy to answer you can just go on their apatreon and see how much thery earn per month
3,423 members
962 posts
$17,670/month

4.10 star(s) 159 Votes