Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
How would you guys feel if Gunsmoke went back to the basics and expanded on the club and brothel? I'm thinking putting in villains onto the roster wouldn't be too bad of an idea. Also, hear me out, what would anybody do if they had a million dollars? Two chicks at the same time.
I feel like that would be a waste of time. SR7 is... well, uh, a very lucky idiot. His artwork has devolved to the point where he doesn't even check his copy pasted Frankenstein's monsters for anatomical accuracy or issues with proportions. There's a Zatanna scene where her hips and torso literally cannot be connected due to the relative sizes and her distance from the camera. That's how badly SR7 has devolved over the course of Something Unlimited and he's on the cusp of either ditching Something Unlimited for the second Korra game or he's going to swap back and forth between the two thus leading to neither game getting anything remotely resembling progress.

The last thing Something Unlimited needs is for him to be distracted by something other than what SR7 is currently working on. Let's not forget that he's yet to actually finish a single event properly. The closest we got was the first cruise, everything past that point is largely unfinished. The Halloween cruise has dangling characters that were never finished or followed upon in the main game, the prison break didn't get everything initially promised, the Kasnian wedding just stops without any resolution and with multiple dangling plot lines, Maxima's event doesn't really go anywhere, same with Talia's, he literally just stopped working on Themyscira after half a year of botched, unfinished updates that were either late or missing vast swaths of content and a pack of scenes that was literally just Wonder Woman's Themyscira leash scene copy pasted for every other character... even the ones with completely different builds and figures, and he's now started what amounts to another cruise event only it's not on a boat and features a completely out of character Renee Montoya, Harley, another Killer Frost, and a bunch of characters no one has heard of. Going back to the basics would just be another excuse for SR7 to not do work.

Erebus69

Mar 28, 2019
Yes it will affect anything and everything made with the engine
On the Dev side: If the game makes over 200k in a rolling 12 months. The thing that will get more games in trouble is the lifetime 200k install cap as it appears the dev will have to flag all pirated installs with Unity.

On the user side: Unity is being shady by talking about how they will track installs. To me that sounds like there will some type of data reporter that tattles to unity as part of the engine.

circuit

May 17, 2017
On the Dev side: If the game makes over 200k in a rolling 12 months. The thing that will get more games in trouble is the lifetime 200k install cap as it appears the dev will have to flag all pirated installs with Unity.

On the user side: Unity is being shady by talking about how they will track installs. To me that sounds like there will some type of data reporter that tattles to unity as part of the engine.
even more shady when I read that I think they are going to use "estimates"

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
The real shade is the fact that Unity thinks it can retroactively apply the new rules to previously completed or currently developing projects. Unless the user agreement documentation actually says something to the effect of the rules being changeable at any time then Unity has no leg to stand on here. Even if it does user agreements are typically with riddled with contradictions, incorrect use of language, and clauses that wouldn't hold up under even the slightest legal scrutiny that they're never enforceable because you can either find a contradiction to your favour or any lawyer worth their salt could argue that the contents of it are invalid due to any number of precedents and contradictions. What Unity is trying to do here is tantamount to suicide. Major developers and publishers do not use Unity anywhere near as often as smaller developers and those smaller developers are just going to find a different engine to use when their next project comes up. I wouldn't be surprised if in five years SR7 is still developing Something Unlimited in Unity while Unity the company has gone out of business or is in such dire straits that they will be shortly.

Erebus69

Mar 28, 2019
even more shady when I read that I think they are going to use "estimates"
Estimates from where? If the Dev uses a private source *cough*mega*cough* or does p2p sharing they cant estimate with out gathering data. China isn't going to allow Unity to go strolling around its networks to passively gain that data :)

The real shade is the fact that Unity thinks it can retroactively apply the new rules to previously completed or currently developing projects.
It can't retroactively apply and doesn't apply to already released games. They have said this is for new unreleased works. they also wont force this on any major studios who have lawyers on staff or retainer.

Unity has no leg to stand on here. Even if it does user agreements are typically with riddled with contradictions, incorrect use of language, and clauses that wouldn't hold up under even the slightest legal scrutiny that they're never enforceable because you can either find a contradiction to your favour or any lawyer worth their salt could argue that the contents of it are invalid due to any number of precedents and contradictions.
Almost all EULAs fail in court. Problem is the cost to litigate it for the user, and since companies know this they abuse it

What Unity is trying to do here is tantamount to suicide. Major developers and publishers do not use Unity anywhere near as often as smaller developers and those smaller developers are just going to find a different engine to use when their next project comes up.
It's not suicide unless this becomes a bud light level event where 40% of the market share walks away. To much tribalism on unity vs unreal and whatever the mobile competitor is. In fact this proposed pricing structure could remain if they make some minor tweaks like saying "on mobile releases" , changing the install quote to a rolling 12 months, and/or increasing the project income level from 200k per 12.

Kaerad

Sep 8, 2023

Actually they always had that type of data.Usually getting a pirated version is basically simulate the game license. They always know when you have the game, but cannot know for sure if you have paid for it

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Estimates from where? If the Dev uses a private source *cough*mega*cough* or does p2p sharing they cant estimate with out gathering data. China isn't going to allow Unity to go strolling around its networks to passively gain that data :)

It can't retroactively apply and doesn't apply to already released games. They have said this is for new unreleased works. they also wont force this on any major studios who have lawyers on staff or retainer.

Almost all EULAs fail in court. Problem is the cost to litigate it for the user, and since companies know this they abuse it

It's not suicide unless this becomes a bud light level event where 40% of the market share walks away. To much tribalism on unity vs unreal and whatever the mobile competitor is. In fact this proposed pricing structure could remain if they make some minor tweaks like saying "on mobile releases" , changing the install quote to a rolling 12 months, and/or increasing the project income level from 200k per 12.
It was suicide. They've already walked back multiple things, at least one major project threatened to stop selling the game to counter Unity, and a lot of indie devs have already said they're either never going to use Unity again or will be porting their in development games into new engines. If the trend keeps up support for Unity will dwindle away to nothing.

Reactions: RabidSloth

Erebus69

Mar 28, 2019
It was suicide. They've already walked back multiple things, at least one major project threatened to stop selling the game to counter Unity, and a lot of indie devs have already said they're either never going to use Unity again or will be porting their in development games into new engines. If the trend keeps up support for Unity will dwindle away to nothing.
talk and online outrage is cheap, actions speak words. We'll see if there is any bite behind the bark

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
I already didn't care for Unity, and greatly preferred Ren'Py because I find it so much easier to mod, manage saves, etc. I've wanted and hoped for a Ren'Py conversion for Something Unlimited for forever, but all indications seemed to be that it's never going to happen. So part of me hopes that maybe this whole debacle might make it a little more likely. Though I do think that Unity walking back more in response to the backlash is probably much more likely to occur instead. Maybe if the game gets completed one day some hero(es) will take it upon themselves to do a full conversion. Or at least I can dream.

Reactions: Zane11

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
The Game would be 10 x more enjoyable if it was not so tedious, The Training or breaking of the Super Heroines is fun but the game is a slow burn. I do like the premise though. Would be cool if this was in Visual Novel and a little more choice based with a little less management or perhaps something similar to Agent of Heels. Something Unlimited is a cool game regardless. Always fun to watch Heroines Go Bad.

Reactions: blarg0192

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
I already didn't care for Unity, and greatly preferred Ren'Py because I find it so much easier to mod, manage saves, etc. I've wanted and hoped for a Ren'Py conversion for Something Unlimited for forever, but all indications seemed to be that it's never going to happen. So part of me hopes that maybe this whole debacle might make it a little more likely. Though I do think that Unity walking back more in response to the backlash is probably much more likely to occur instead. Maybe if the game gets completed one day some hero(es) will take it upon themselves to do a full conversion. Or at least I can dream.
A ren'py conversion will probably result in a very long, very drawn out "tech update" situation. Your dream is more likely to be a nightmare.

Sergiv2001

Jul 1, 2020
A ren'py conversion will probably result in a very long, very drawn out "tech update" situation. Your dream is more likely to be a nightmare.
I don`t think so. All pictures are drawn, and, IMHO, the game engine changing itself mustn`t be a very long process.

zaqrwe

Jun 29, 2018
Quick question - how do I trigger leash scenes for Amazons? I didn't play 2.4.2 earlier, so I'm trying now, but can't figure this out. I did unlock all other content from 2.4.2 and also Gotham event did trigger, but I still can't get amazon leash scenes

Fapokso

Jan 16, 2020
Quick question - how do I trigger leash scenes for Amazons? I didn't play 2.4.2 earlier, so I'm trying now, but can't figure this out. I did unlock all other content from 2.4.2 and also Gotham event did trigger, but I still can't get amazon leash scenes
Imagine wanting to see the same exact scene 20 times, wouldn't be the leash scene...

Requires wonderwoman to be in themyscria and then after a bit talk to pallas to build the leash. Then you should be able to do this to everyone on the island

4.10 star(s) 159 Votes