zaqrwe

Jun 29, 2018
Imagine wanting to see the same exact scene 20 times, wouldn't be the leash scene...

Requires wonderwoman to be in themyscria and then after a bit talk to pallas to build the leash. Then you should be able to do this to everyone on the island
Well I would like to see at least once. Sooo.. How can I take Wonder Woman there? Should I just talk to her in the cell to make it happen? I'm asking as I can't test rn, I started the Gotham ball just now.

zaqrwe

Jun 29, 2018
By the way, I see 2.4.2 was heavily Avatar inspired :KEK: Pallas is 1:1 Korra and bath titjob girls are Toph and.. second one I'm not sure, but perhaps Jin?

Gar0u

Jan 16, 2021
Unity back tracked within a week.

Looking at Unity's stock prices explains why the bean counters thought the idea was good. The stock decline and tone deaf install fees also probably illustrates the company is being mismanaged
Mismanaged? That big Fucked up that moves through literally almost all dev teams existed in the market humbling unity itself? That's more than mismanaged, it's scummy and idiotic.

As far as i knew, they didn't backtracked. Until early 2024 and new rules applied, the new rates will not be applied.

Ssato243

Feb 2, 2021
Mismanaged? That big Fucked up that moves through literally almost all dev teams existed in the market humbling unity itself? That's more than mismanaged, it's scummy and idiotic.

As far as i knew, they didn't backtracked. Until early 2024 and new rules applied, the new rates will not be applied.
it is just two steps forward one step back unity will die
they still will try this

Erebus69

Mar 28, 2019

They got rid of the personal fees and got rid of the "install" verbiage that's backtracking
1695850462312.jpeg

Erebus69

Mar 28, 2019
initial engagements is corpo speak for installs.
Not to what they are saying. They specifically addressed same person installing on multiples devices would be 1 engagement. They also addressed beta and demos would not be an engagement. What was not addressed was the games like Tarkov that say they are still in beta. It sounds like they are counting an engagement as 1 online store purchase. But I still wouldn't trust them to not change that.

Let me also add I'm not trying to defend unity I'm a UE fanboy other than the tencent minority ownership.

Last edited:

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Unity back tracked within a week.

Looking at Unity's stock prices explains why the bean counters thought the idea was good. The stock decline and tone deaf install fees also probably illustrates the company is being mismanaged
They're probably looking at it like this: Yes our stock prices will crash, but when we start making even more free money off of these rubes our stock prices will slowly go back up and then go even higher than they ever have been." One thing you need to remember is that the game industry is filled with apologists behind the scenes, in front of the scenes, and sitting at home. No other industry, not even sports, has such a large percentage of its market leaping at the opportunity to suck the dick of the companies that they like. Video games is a sychophantic echo chamber that occasionally cries out in protest but almost always shuts up, sits down, and hands whoever is trying to fuck it a bottle of their finest lube. So there's plenty of precedent for a company fucking around, finding out, farting about "fixing" things, and then not changing much of anything, and then the industry just shrugs and accepts it. Make no mistake the only thing that will actually cause Unity to truly backtrack is if in three or four years most of the indie market is either making its own engines or has moved on to a different middleware engine.

Erebus69

Mar 28, 2019
They're probably looking at it like this: Yes our stock prices will crash, but when we start making even more free money off of these rubes our stock prices will slowly go back up and then go even higher than they ever have been.
If you look at their stock price it peaked in Nov '21 then had a huge sell off that remained in the same price range for over a year. That is probably what the bean counters were looking at when they made the decision to change the monetization. Pairing that with CEO's embracement of micro transactions and the company's purchase in '22 of the Ironside a company that specializes in app monetization, distribution, and malware is all that needs to said. Its not about games or the industry its about making money even if they burn the buisness to the ground and sell the business off.

4.10 star(s) 159 Votes