Thanos247

Devourer of Worlds
Donor
Jun 11, 2017
I haven’t tried this game in 6 months, so I’m sure there is one plenty of new content for me. Taking a break to try new things works for me.

And I’m just saying, it’s possible this guy could have really bad health issues like me, sorry to say. Here at work, there is this girl who is out atleast 4 days a month due to her poor health. She’s only 22 herself and is a diabetic, has arthritis, tremors and had half a dozen serguries. I joke with her on who has worse health, but the truth is neither of us will likely live to see 60.

Anyhow, if the guy keeps getting the same sickness week after week (there are different types of flu), then maybe it’s more serious. I’m not saying he is telling the truth as I don’t know hI’m, but every medical condition I’ve ever had, the doctor will ALWAYS ask me, “are you stressed.” As if to imply my condition could be caused by that. This guy could be stressed all the time and causing him to not be as productive and get sick.

Perhaps it’s best if the guy just sits down and explain why his content has been getting shorter. Is it really his health, is he trying new things, something going on outside of this, etc.

Reactions: MilkShank

LocJaw

Strange Nights
Game Developer
Jun 4, 2018
The bordello private room part seems to be really fleshed out at this point, I wonder what SR7 will focus on after that's done.

MilkShank

May 26, 2018
The bordello private room part seems to be really fleshed out at this point, I wonder what SR7 will focus on after that's done.
I wouldn't say fleshed out
The artemis sex scene still doesn't show up for me i only see a bed

MilkShank

May 26, 2018
I haven’t tried this game in 6 months, so I’m sure there is one plenty of new content for me. Taking a break to try new things works for me.

And I’m just saying, it’s possible this guy could have really bad health issues like me, sorry to say. Here at work, there is this girl who is out atleast 4 days a month due to her poor health. She’s only 22 herself and is a diabetic, has arthritis, tremors and had half a dozen serguries. I joke with her on who has worse health, but the truth is neither of us will likely live to see 60.

Anyhow, if the guy keeps getting the same sickness week after week (there are different types of flu), then maybe it’s more serious. I’m not saying he is telling the truth as I don’t know hI’m, but every medical condition I’ve ever had, the doctor will ALWAYS ask me, “are you stressed.” As if to imply my condition could be caused by that. This guy could be stressed all the time and causing him to not be as productive and get sick.

Perhaps it’s best if the guy just sits down and explain why his content has been getting shorter. Is it really his health, is he trying new things, something going
I get your point
But they didn't explain further
Even in work you can't just say "i got sick" and get away from your job
Sure he got sick, sick from what exactly?
Sick of being rich? Its so easy to say "i got sick" if he explained what's he's condition people would understand why the update is like this

N7Kryptonian

Jul 20, 2017
This. If Unity Personal just can't do what needs to be done to make the game work, and/or SR7 can't become a skilled enough programmer quickly enough to do what needs to be done for the things to work properly, then it needs to be moved to a different engine. The longer you wait the harder the migration will be. There would be far fewer complaints about new content if time was being dedicated to moving all of the assets and text into a more stable engine better suited to the game that would make all of these problems go away forever once the migration had been completed.
While we're on the subject of Ren'py and Unity, did this game really had to run on Unity? Based on what I've played from it, it feels like any other Ren'py game. Don't get me wrong, I love this game (Except when I realize you can't have sex with Giganta or Galatea yet :FeelsBadMan:) but i have yet to see anything in the game that needed to be on Unity.

Thanos247

Devourer of Worlds
Donor
Jun 11, 2017
While we're on the subject of Ren'py and Unity, did this game really had to run on Unity? Based on what I've played from it, it feels like any other Ren'py game. Don't get me wrong, I love this game (Except when I realize you can't have sex with Giganta or Galatea yet :FeelsBadMan:) but i have yet to see anything in the game that needed to be on Unity.
Let me ask you this then, why do people prefer devs use Renpy over other engines when the final product is the same? You yourself said nothing about this game is different had it been on Renpy, but you seem to be affected by it. I’m not trying to be a dick or anything of that nature. I’m asking because I am developing a project and am in the early stages. I’m looking at Tyranobuilder myself over Renpy

N7Kryptonian

Jul 20, 2017
Let me ask you this then, why do people prefer devs use Renpy over other engines when the final product is the same? You yourself said nothing about this game is different had it been on Renpy, but you seem to be affected by it. I’m not trying to be a dick or anything of that nature. I’m asking because I am developing a project and am in the early stages. I’m looking at Tyranobuilder myself over Renpy
If It's based on preference, I have no problem with that. Nor do I mean any insult towards anyone who prefer not to use Ren'py. I was just asking based on the complaints people have with the developer. Someone earlier was complaining about how the Developer is learning how to use code for unity (nothing wrong with that) and hated the fact that its taking so long to get content, which is small. They suggested to hired another coder and/or remake the game in Ren'py to produce more content efficacy.

I personally believe Ren'py is more simpler then other engines, whether or not the developer has the knowledge and drive to use it is a different story. Also I'm not really effected by it, it was something I notice a while ago as I was playing the game.

Gnutt

Mar 3, 2017
You know, I can 100% believe they get sick a lot. Not everyone is young and healthy. I speak from experience but I have checked into the hospital 4 times in the last two months. It started with constipation, which got worse. That led to a colonoscopy to check for cancer which turned out negative. Turned out exercise was the answer. Then because I never got exercise before, I pulled a calf muscle which caused me to go back to constipation while I’m recovering. Now after struggling much, I feel discomfort in my testicular area which means I may have to go back. All this and I’m only 31. FML
Congrats on being cancer free! I'm sure that was a tense fucking time.

Thanos247

Devourer of Worlds
Donor
Jun 11, 2017
Congrats on being cancer free! I'm sure that was a tense fucking time.
Thank you for that. Yeah I was already writing down a bucket list.

If It's based on preference, I have no problem with that. Nor do I mean any insult towards anyone who prefer not to use Ren'py. I was just asking based on the complaints people have with the developer. Someone earlier was complaining about how the Developer is learning how to use code for unity (nothing wrong with that) and hated the fact that its taking so long to get content, which is small. They suggested to hired another coder and/or remake the game in Ren'py to produce more content efficacy.

I personally believe Ren'py is more simpler then other engines, whether or not the developer has the knowledge and drive to use it is a different story. Also I'm not really effected by it, it was something I notice a while ago as I was playing the game.
Thank you for your time. I was just curious why people prefer Renpy. And it seems it’s because they can get out content faster. So if I can get out content at the same pace, then I should be fine. I know some people hate stuff like RPG Maker, so I don’t want to become that kind of content creator who makes stuff no one wants to play

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
It may feel like a Ren'py game, but SU goes beyond that, the animations, drag-and-drop menus, clothing overlays, task system, etc may have been more difficult to do in Ren'py than Unity.

Apr 2, 2018
I still can't get terra. has anyone got to her yet? I have a windows computer. when i change batgirl and artemis's customs, i see terra behind the first custom chose of their clothing.

Gnutt

Mar 3, 2017
I still can't get terra. has anyone got to her yet? I have a windows computer. when i change batgirl and artemis's customs, i see terra behind the first custom chose of their clothing.
I remember Terra was bugged from some old saves in the last update. Are you playing a new game or an old save (pre-bug fix from two months ago.)

Gnutt

Mar 3, 2017
Thank you for your time. I was just curious why people prefer Renpy. And it seems it’s because they can get out content faster. So if I can get out content at the same pace, then I should be fine. I know some people hate stuff like RPG Maker, so I don’t want to become that kind of content creator who makes stuff no one wants to play
People also like Renpy because of the rollback ability and the simplicity of cheating. Edit: for sp.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
People also like Renpy because of the rollback ability and the simplicity of cheating. Edit: for sp.
As a player, I can see the desire for the consistency of the basic controls, and having certain things by default. That said, from the other side, at least from my dyslexic perspective, unity is a bit easier to create in, since a lot of it is visual. The downside is that anything that Ren'py does automatically (basic UI, saves, etc.), needs to be created from scratch in Unity. On the 'other' other hand, learning Unity also seemed like a better investment for other types of games we might want to make later.

What could be nice is if someone made a template for unity that has all of those Ren'Py/VN basics preprogrammed. XD Actually, I am sure there are, just need to look.

4.10 star(s) 159 Votes