lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
I got tired of trying over and over and over and over again, just gotten to 3 of the lesbian scenes.
So I edited the save in the registry to unlock all the Killer Frost lesbian scenes...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Here are the .reg files for each individual save slot to unlock the scenes in the Vault

You need to get to the stage where you have Killer Frost unlocked in the game before you can use these of course.
Use at your own risk.
where do you put the files in and how does this generally work?

giraffe69

Feb 13, 2018
When we upgrade the devices there are 3 levels
1 Level Letting the girls dance strip special and other stuff
2 Level Letting the girls go into prison and becoming slaves
3.Level ???
What will lvl 3 be i can't think of anything that lvl 3 can do from the other 2 lvl because with lvl 2 i think we can or will have sex with the other girls or is that what lvl 3 will be about or completely something else

Gunsmoke Games

Something Unlimited
Game Developer
Sep 5, 2018
When we upgrade the devices there are 3 levels
1 Level Letting the girls dance strip special and other stuff
2 Level Letting the girls go into prison and becoming slaves
3.Level ???
What will lvl 3 be i can't think of anything that lvl 3 can do from the other 2 lvl because with lvl 2 i think we can or will have sex with the other girls or is that what lvl 3 will be about or completely something else
I mean, we're trying to have a more open and transparent dialogue with players/fans - but I'm not here to straight up spoil things. XD

That said, I'll reiterate something I said before - devs have a tendency to leave things open to be built upon and added to in the event an idea comes up mid development. So don't take all the costume slots for each person as a promise there are going to be that many costumes, and that same logic may or may not apply to other aspects of the game.

kakaok2o

Apr 8, 2018
i just found out Terra can give blowjob but when she does it there is no scene of her doing it.Is the scene not done or is it a bug

qwertypoiuy

May 30, 2017
Too much mechanics but less with the content I don't feels right after the update is around 1.5 or 1.7 before that update was release is pretty neat(as you can see it don't have this much bugs like the old time) The point is SU is going to the wrong direction because it have too many girls and no each girls have finish content they put new girl but never done the old one like Catwomen Roulette Tala and a first 3 girls this game is going to risk itself. and yes I was support patreon once but after years was past from what I get is... dissapointment.

Reactions: MilkShank

giraffe69

Feb 13, 2018
Too much mechanics but less with the content I don't feels right after the update is around 1.5 or 1.7 before that update was release is pretty neat(as you can see it don't have this much bugs like the old time) The point is SU is going to the wrong direction because it have too many girls and no each girls have finish content they put new girl but never done the old one like Catwomen Roulette Tala and a first 3 girls this game is going to risk itself. and yes I was support patreon once but after years was past from what I get is... dissapointment.
I mean DC is really big so having more girls for me right now is a win and to tell you i want more girls.I know that most girls around 70% are missing content but as future updates come they will get more stuff.I don't know what will happened for the future but more girls mean more events, more story more thing to do at least that is what i think.As for cat we will get something to do with her but right now no.As for tala i think we have a lot of things to do to her.Even in the prison event.But those two are not really main girls the game is more for the slaves but they will get something in the future those two but more will get cat.This is just me i don't know what the developer will do.But as they get more money the updates will be longer,more things to do and maybe even in shorter time they will come out.I know that the game is old 2 years but for me as DC is big this game could have a lot of content even taking over 10 years

Gunsmoke Games

Something Unlimited
Game Developer
Sep 5, 2018
@Gunsmoke Games
So what you sayin' is that sunsetrider is his own artist?
Sunset is the only person who has ever done any work related to SU, from the art to the code. It's all him.

Getting someone else into SU is really difficult at this point. Art-wise, it's neigh on impossible to find someone who can draw in the same style at the same quality level - even harder to find someone who can do it remotely as fast as Sunset can too.

Code-wise, the game is made via a visual editor and is ALL kinds of tangled up and pasted together. So for someone like Locke (i.e. me, atm writing this post anyway) to come in and start helping out, it'd take a while for him to get caught up on all the nuances and knots - on top of creating a brand new development process. This would cause a chain reaction of set backs, and we know people would riot if we missed an update or pushed the update schedule back further. Hell, people lose their shit if there's just a few less pictures in an update because Sunset got deathly ill for two weeks.

So we're in a bit of a Catch 22 when it comes to SU's development and the simple fact is that it's going to remain a one-man show.

That being said, that one man is hella productive and has been for quite some time. I know people who don't know anything about game development can't wrap their heads around a statement like that, but it's a fact at this point.

Have there been mis-steps? Has priority maybe not gone in the right direction to please most people? Maybe. But no one can really take away the amount of work Sunset has, and will continue, to put in to SU. And as long as you have someone like that on a game, the rest just takes time and tweaks.

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
Sunset is the only person who has ever done any work related to SU, from the art to the code. It's all him.

Getting someone else into SU is really difficult at this point. Art-wise, it's neigh on impossible to find someone who can draw in the same style at the same quality level - even harder to find someone who can do it remotely as fast as Sunset can too.

Code-wise, the game is made via a visual editor and is ALL kinds of tangled up and pasted together. So for someone like Locke (i.e. me, atm writing this post anyway) to come in and start helping out, it'd take a while for him to get caught up on all the nuances and knots - on top of creating a brand new development process. This would cause a chain reaction of set backs, and we know people would riot if we missed an update or pushed the update schedule back further. Hell, people lose their shit if there's just a few less pictures in an update because Sunset got deathly ill for two weeks.

So we're in a bit of a Catch 22 when it comes to SU's development and the simple fact is that it's going to remain a one-man show.

That being said, that one man is hella productive and has been for quite some time. I know people who don't know anything about game development can't wrap their heads around a statement like that, but it's a fact at this point.

Have there been mis-steps? Has priority maybe not gone in the right direction to please most people? Maybe. But no one can really take away the amount of work Sunset has, and will continue, to put in to SU. And as long as you have someone like that on a game, the rest just takes time and tweaks.
Are you the Human Resources department then?

GayLordTheGayest

Sep 9, 2018
Those starred scenes were added in 2.1.6 according to our patch notes and I haven't heard anyone say otherwise. Are you sure you just haven't gotten to them?

I don't know exactly what was said in regards to "finish Terra", but I do know that there's no way in hell anyone would've meant finishing her completely. Discussions to that affect have only happened in recent months...

Now allow me (this is Locke, by the way) to be brutally honest for a sec...

Honestly, I need people to drop these grievances over what is and isn't in the game already. This man (Sunset) practically kills himself every update trying to get as much done as humanly possible every 2 months - going through weeks of self-imposed crunch time that gets extended every single update.

Personally, I'd tell him not to do it. To never say a single word about upcoming content and to do away with regularly timed releases altogether. Summertime Saga doesn't do it. Akabur takes 6 months or more to put out a lot less. But he really don't want to disappoint people.

ALSO, I'd appreciate it if people started looking at SU like it's "under new management" so-to-speak. The emphasis on Gunsmoke Games, the new logo and soon the rebranding of the Patreon page, aren't just lip service. We have already made - and continue to make - a lot of changes to our production cycle and methods. We'll be making a statement about how these changes are going to affect SU tommorrow.

I already know some people are going to riot no matter what we say. But I think most reasonable people are going to be quite happy with the direction we're shifting development. So please, I ask you and anyone else paying attention to this post, cut the man some slack and give us a chance to change for the better.

There is a 2.1.777 version for Mac.

2 updates ago Sunset said the update was a bit smaller because he became quite sick for the last 2 weeks of production. That's another problem with these regularly timed releases and one-man development situation. He will have help for future titles, but please try to have some understanding in SU's case.
Just finish the Mercy, Harley, and Lois content instead of doing ten million other girls for fucks sake. You're deveolping this game like a 12 year old with ADD that constantly gets distracted by something new. The difference between SummerTime Saga and SU and why SS makes a lot more on Patreon is that they only focus on one character route per update.

Gunsmoke Games

Something Unlimited
Game Developer
Sep 5, 2018
Are you the Human Resources department then?
Lol. I (Locke) am wearing quite a number of hats at the moment, although I was primarily brought in as a dev to work on the Scooby game for NGs. They actually had no idea of my marketing background or any of my other career experiences before bringing me on. I offered to work for free because I wanted real world developer experience. (Sometimes jumping in the deep end is the fastest way to start swimming, you just have to be willing to accept the possibility of drowning. XD) My role has naturally grown from there, largely because it turned out our career aspirations within the games industry are aligned.

But in this capacity, you can look at me as the PR department. Smoke handles our HR. XD

Just finish the Mercy, Harley, and Lois content instead of doing ten million other girls for fucks sake. You're deveolping this game like a 12 year old with ADD that constantly gets distracted by something new. The difference between SummerTime Saga and SU and why SS makes a lot more on Patreon is that they only focus on one character route per update.
SummerTime Saga is also a vastly different game that started with a lot more people and is now 8 strong - some of whom have had prior games industry work experience beforehand. You're comparing that to a one person dev crew who had 0 experience beforehand and only had an artistic background. I understand the desire to compare us to them, but that's hardly fair on any level.

EDIT: Also, while you may want those three completed personally. We hear from hundreds, if not thousands, of people each month who want a completely different set of people focused on. And even still, some people who beg us to just focus on adding more characters! People are going to be pissed no matter what we do at this point - and angry people are always the loudest, which can make things very confusing in situations like this.

EDIT 2: I can, however, assure you that for good or bad, we've chosen a direction to go in and will be explaining a bit further tomorrow.

ZugBub9000

Mar 23, 2018
Now allow me (this is Locke, by the way) to be brutally honest for a sec...

Honestly, I need people to drop these grievances over what is and isn't in the game already. This man (Sunset) practically kills himself every update trying to get as much done as humanly possible every 2 months - going through weeks of self-imposed crunch time that gets extended every single update.
Some of us appreciate the amount of work that has gone into this. Keep doing what you're doing.

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
Some of us appreciate the amount of work that has gone into this. Keep doing what you're doing.
@Gunsmoke Games
Yup, the bugs and the "lack of substantial progress with "insert girls name" can be lil' annoying, but I ABSOLUTELY love the art and think the game is humor. Much appreciated that this is happening, even 10x more since it's a one man production team.

giraffe69

Feb 13, 2018
Some will hate it some will love it it will always be like this.For me keep up the good work you you are doing something that most can't do or even understand how hard is to make a game and how much time goes into it.Right now i am only supporting it with 10$ but after i sweet talk my boss for a increase:FeelsGoodMan: i think i can go for 20$.

Reactions: Gunsmoke Games

RobertoCasas

Sep 2, 2017
I wish you hadn't poked that particular bugbear. Ironically - no wait, I mean appropriately- the first girls have the most dated artstyle and the least efficient code. SS7 has been quoted (I'm not quoting him, I'm not sure if it's true) that he'd like to go back and redo the art for the older girls because he's improved enough over the years to do it better.

Which we know is true btw: we've seen him livestream updating Hawkgirl, and we already have new assets in the game for Harley, Wonder Woman and probably/sorta Vixen. And afaik the time and effort it took to clean up Harley to bring her more in line with the newer girls in terms of visual quality was way more than if he'd focused on a new girl.

It makes me happy in retrospect that Roulette, one of my favorite girls in the game, could be called 'done' and was completed in a relatively clean and effective fashion. But then Roulette's code is limited to the Glamour Slam and a few scripted events. Idk how that compares to work for henchwomen and cell dwellers.
And it makes me unhappy in retrospect because my other favorite girl, Tala, is not complete, stuck in blowjob land, and if it takes 1.2-2x the effort to finish her versus other girls of course she's gonna get pushed till later.

Not saying you're wrong to want that particular content, only that you're in the group that'd be hardest to please atm because of that particular content.

TJNeese

Nov 20, 2017
Since we've got someone who's got the ear of the dev regularly replying & asking questions I feel I have to ask as there hasn't been any answer that I have found satisfactorily helps.

I was doing Terra & Audrey routes at about the same pace. I started the clone for Terra & was about halfway through that when I got the option to clone Audrey. I gathered Audrey's sample to clone, but decided I wanted to finish Terra's clone before I started Audrey's. I checked regularly & the blood was there for the whole time. But as soon as Terra's clone finished Audrey's DNA Sample vanished from the list without me using it. I tried going back to her cause Lex mentioned possibly having to come back for me (presumably for if the cloning failed) There was not dialogue nor any option or any way I could find to get another sample. It's as if I haven't reached the progression to get it at all in the first place.

I asked in here a while ago, some people said her 1st cloning always fails, then other people said there had to be some kind of mermaid clone first, then others either didn't say anything useful or just said "idk"
Without that sample It seems I'm barred from any further scene progression with Audrey. I haven't had any issues with choosing the clone over the real one because I can't even get the clone in the 1st place.

Is there anything at all I can do or am I just fucked until the next update (or for even longer if there's not a patch in there)? I appreciate all the work going into this & I love the game a lot. Just would like to know if I'm wasting my time checking on her continuously hoping I hit some random trigger to allow me to get the sample again to no avail.

Reactions: mbay16 and KaiserST

Gunsmoke Games

Something Unlimited
Game Developer
Sep 5, 2018
Since we've got someone who's got the ear of the dev regularly replying & asking questions I feel I have to ask as there hasn't been any answer that I have found satisfactorily helps.

I was doing Terra & Audrey routes at about the same pace. I started the clone for Terra & was about halfway through that when I got the option to clone Audrey. I gathered Audrey's sample to clone, but decided I wanted to finish Terra's clone before I started Audrey's. I checked regularly & the blood was there for the whole time. But as soon as Terra's clone finished Audrey's DNA Sample vanished from the list without me using it. I tried going back to her cause Lex mentioned possibly having to come back for me (presumably for if the cloning failed) There was not dialogue nor any option or any way I could find to get another sample. It's as if I haven't reached the progression to get it at all in the first place.

I asked in here a while ago, some people said her 1st cloning always fails, then other people said there had to be some kind of mermaid clone first, then others either didn't say anything useful or just said "idk"
Without that sample It seems I'm barred from any further scene progression with Audrey. I haven't had any issues with choosing the clone over the real one because I can't even get the clone in the 1st place.

Is there anything at all I can do or am I just fucked until the next update (or for even longer if there's not a patch in there)? I appreciate all the work going into this & I love the game a lot. Just would like to know if I'm wasting my time checking on her continuously hoping I hit some random trigger to allow me to get the sample again to no avail.
First of all, thank you for the detailed explanation. This is the best description I've seen of this issue so far and one we can work better off of.

Unfortunately, you're probably going to have to wait for an update. Given how close to completion we are to the next update, and it's relative size, Sunset is holding off on bug fixes until he sits down with 2.1.8 towards the end of the month to playtest and bug fix as much as he possibly can.

This issue has been shared numerous times, so it is one that he'll be looking into heavily. I shared your message with him and this was his reply:

"Well it's hard to say. It shouldn't be able to overwrite one of the vials for no reason. I still have to go through and take a closer look at it when I get to testing

It could be the Terra and Audrey stuff overlapping somewhere though

There gets to be a ton of variables flying around in there because of the stages and the separate tubes.

The only time it should go blank is if you start a clone, it takes away that sample or if you fail one, it should give you a new sample. I had to lock the samples because people were starting multiple clones of the same girls."

I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear. There's a good chance you may need to start a new game once a fix is found - not saying you will have to, just that it's a possibility - but it's an unfortunate part of early access/alpha/beta builds.

psavi

Sep 10, 2018
I signed up to the forums only to congratulate the developers on this amazing game! Despite the flaws and bugs that everyone rants about, it really shows how much effort goes into it. I simply love SR7's art! Keep up the good work!

I must admit that I came to know the game through piracy. And that is why I find it very nice your attitude towards it. I am certain that a lot of people who discovered the game that way, will someday reward you after recognizing how good the work is. I, for one, plan to become a patron in the future.

Thank you! Cheers!

TJNeese

Nov 20, 2017
First of all, thank you for the detailed explanation. This is the best description I've seen of this issue so far and one we can work better off of.

Unfortunately, you're probably going to have to wait for an update. Given how close to completion we are to the next update, and it's relative size, Sunset is holding off on bug fixes until he sits down with 2.1.8 towards the end of the month to playtest and bug fix as much as he possibly can.

This issue has been shared numerous times, so it is one that he'll be looking into heavily. I shared your message with him and this was his reply:

"Well it's hard to say. It shouldn't be able to overwrite one of the vials for no reason. I still have to go through and take a closer look at it when I get to testing

It could be the Terra and Audrey stuff overlapping somewhere though

There gets to be a ton of variables flying around in there because of the stages and the separate tubes.

The only time it should go blank is if you start a clone, it takes away that sample or if you fail one, it should give you a new sample. I had to lock the samples because people were starting multiple clones of the same girls."

I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear. There's a good chance you may need to start a new game once a fix is found - not saying you will have to, just that it's a possibility - but it's an unfortunate part of early access/alpha/beta builds.
Well thank you very much for the reply, The issue is understandable & I'm glad I gave a good enough description to help. Might I trouble for an answer to what the mermaid is? I've seen a few screenshots of the cloning tubes which look like they have one in them & a bunch of people saying a mermaid is a "required" piece of progression. Yet I've seen no hint it in game nor do I even know of any mermaid in DC at all

Reactions: KaiserST
4.10 star(s) 158 Votes