BrotherJoker

Nov 17, 2018
You're the only complaint we have had to deal with on both Patreon and F95. Sure there are concerns about time management, which are warrented.
Considering most of the updates past Batgirl has added a bunch of random stuff instead of focusing on what they were supposed to because SR got bored? Yeah, I'd say time management was a problem. Adding Ravager and Jinx made sense since Vixen was the sole focus of that update but the Vixen stuff should have been finished before he started working on Supergirl. Plus I'm still wondering why he decided to add those two instead of finished Shiva. Adding Maxima, a bunch of story scenes, one sex scene, two random npc's, two Slade scenes, instead of finishing Galatea who should have been the secondary focus of the Supergirl update? It's definitely a problem.

The Halloween update was nice but it wasn't finished, and it's going to be finished two months after it's released? If it is finished. I hate to say it but considering the current track record, I'm really doubting it will be.

Gunsmoke Games

Something Unlimited
Game Developer
Sep 5, 2018
Considering most of the updates past Batgirl has added a bunch of random stuff instead of focusing on what they were supposed to because SR got bored? Yeah, I'd say time management was a problem. Adding Ravager and Jinx made sense since Vixen was the sole focus of that update but the Vixen stuff should have been finished before he started working on Supergirl. Plus I'm still wondering why he decided to add those two instead of finished Shiva. Adding Maxima, a bunch of story scenes, one sex scene, two random npc's, two Slade scenes, instead of finishing Galatea who should have been the secondary focus of the Supergirl update? It's definitely a problem.

The Halloween update was nice but it wasn't finished, and it's going to be finished two months after it's released? If it is finished. I hate to say it but considering the current track record, I'm really doubting it will be.
You must realize that game development isn't like writing a story or comic book. Due to having to program everything in. Sometimes one image can take a considerable amount of time to implement. So then add the fact that our fans expect us to have scheduled releases. This means you have to balance hard to implement content, with easy content during a two month cycle.

You want us to do something you think is easy, yet is impossible to do under the constraints you don't see or are affected by. Every update we strive to put in the absolute most amount of content possible. That means getting this close to completion, and adding in more that will later be competed.

Gunsmoke Games

Something Unlimited
Game Developer
Sep 5, 2018
As long as BoB 2 didin't reduce SU updates from 6 to 4-5 or just 3 in 2020,I am happy with more Korra.
No the Halloween event and BoB2 are in the exact same position. The core framework is there and it just needs to be flushed out. This is why we did this, as there wouldn't be another opportunity till much later on.

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
No the Halloween event and BoB2 are in the exact same position. The core framework is there and it just needs to be flushed out. This is why we did this, as there wouldn't be another opportunity till much later on.
I hope the new guy/is it a guy btw?maybe we are talking about a girl/ that will work with you,will integrate fast in the team and we will see the rebuild ready in next 4-5 months.

Gunsmoke Games

Something Unlimited
Game Developer
Sep 5, 2018
I hope the new guy/is it a guy btw?maybe we are talking about a girl/ that will work with you,will integrate fast in the team and we will see the rebuild ready in next 4-5 months.
It is a guy and local to us! He has the old project files, and we will make a statement regarding the rebuild and the direction early in the new year. Right now he doesn't officially start till Jan. There will be some changes to GG in 2020 as well. We learned a lot by doing BoB2 and are excited to start moving in those directions!

Zonobert

Jul 19, 2017
Gunsmoke Games Are you set up finishing BoB2 by the end of the first quarter 2020? I'm not gonna tell you how to do business, but it would definitely make me happy to see it become a longer-term project.

Gunsmoke Games

Something Unlimited
Game Developer
Sep 5, 2018
Gunsmoke Games Are you set up finishing BoB2 by the end of the first quarter 2020? I'm not gonna tell you how to do business, but it would definitely make me happy to see it become a longer-term project.
No we will not juggle two long term projects. SU will be the main project and will be updated regularly as we have done for 4.5 years. BoB2 will be finished (Newgrounds, Android, Patreon exclusive) by the end of the first quarter.

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
No we will not juggle two long term projects. SU will be the main project and will be updated regularly as we have done for 4.5 years. BoB2 will be finished (Newgrounds, Android, Patreon exclusive) by the end of the first quarter.
Good plan.We saw how the things go for the worst with so many devs trying to do 2 games at the same time/with the only positive example Mr.Dots/.Not to mention you always can make Bend or Break 3 in next years:)

Reactions: Gunsmoke Games

xMendoza

Jan 2, 2018
First of all I want to say that I am pretty sad that there will be no new update for SU(Fire&Ice)......but well mehhh
But congratulate for this new game
So, my first impression about this new game is:
-the art as usual is of high quality
-the story is pretty good (I don't really like the story around Azula, the fact that you are just following something from the past) and I really love Azula
-the only problem that I have with this game is the save system
Well the fact that this game will not be a long term project is a good thing for me at least.
I wish you all a Merry Christmas

Gunsmoke Games

Something Unlimited
Game Developer
Sep 5, 2018
First of all I want to say that I am pretty sad that there will be no new update for SU(Fire&Ice)......but well mehhh
But congratulate for this new game
So, my first impression about this new game is:
-the art as usual is of high quality
-the story is pretty good (I don't really like the story around Azula, the fact that you are just following something from the past) and I really love Azula
-the only problem that I have with this game is the save system
Well the fact that this game will not be a long term project is a good thing for me at least.
I wish you all a Merry Christmas
We understand the issues with the save system. We're going to look at that getting that sorted by completion.

Reactions: xMendoza

Kylar Stern

Jul 29, 2017
First let me just say that you got us good! Everyone thinking Fire and Ice and it turns out to be Fire and Water benders. Genius. Next let me just say how wonderful the art is. I especially like that it's a (much) smaller version of SU and has a good plot. I can't wait to see the finished project. If you truly manage to go from "bare (sexy) bones" to fully developed by end 1st quarter, I think we will be a happy community indeed. Also glad that Sunset has something to stave off the boredom for a while (still waiting for Roguelust to be finished lol :p)

Finally a quick bug update: Clicking on New game slot 1 breaks the game, save slots 2 and 3 work. Some minor spelling errors too but that's not as important. Merry Christmas everyone!

Zonobert

Jul 19, 2017
Thank you for the reply! Sounds reasonable.
I was just thinking of an announcement made some time ago that you were going to expand into a multi-project studio. But I guess I was thinking someone else. Maybe Palmer? Ehh I'm not sure, no matter.

Morkar

Aug 9, 2016
Gunsmoke Games

BoB2 will be finished (Newgrounds, Android, Patreon exclusive) by the end of the first quarter.

good to ghear this but

but could you give some more information about the game?

possible number of finals

some kind of side missions like SU crimes?
maybe a combat system?
pro-bending?
Are you going to include other characters in flashbacks or content with Asami as a secondary trainable character with some Yuri between them?

thanks in advance and good work

4.10 star(s) 159 Votes