seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021
It's too bad the dev hasn't updated the Exhibition scenes for ages. It's been what, two years? I can't believe how old SU is.
For real, does anybody still feel hype for this project after five years time? I've always been fond of SU but it's grown stale for quite sometime.
Even if Wonder Woman's stuff was to be released tomorrow that would make little difference to me. Another leash scene, another bunch of dialogue you've read a hundred times, yeah sure.
Too proud to hire another another artist cause your already do it very well? Meh, why not. But instead can you at least hire a fucking writer in that one and a half man team? The copypasta dialogue is to me the worst aspect of the game, and this one is VERY text-heavy...
For me it's the obvious reuse of assets. After catching up with the latest update for my cells I started noticing the same bodies on the girls with a slight recolor and maybe some slight sizing changes. He plops a new head on and just calls it a day. IIRC there are also position reuses.

This is why I put Sunset only a tier above IC$TOR. This dude is pulling in 16K for maybe 40 hours of work a month but has convinced his worshippers he's putting boot to asses working on content and doing general bugfixing.

It's clear he's not doing any of that and likely just hasn't felt like working on the game.

Again, 16K/mo for less than 40 hours of labor a month. Im honestly kind of jealous, dude is living the dream.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
For me it's the obvious reuse of assets. After catching up with the latest update for my cells I started noticing the same bodies on the girls with a slight recolor and maybe some slight sizing changes. He plops a new head on and just calls it a day. IIRC there are also position reuses.

This is why I put Sunset only a tier above IC$TOR. This dude is pulling in 16K for maybe 40 hours of work a month but has convinced his worshippers he's putting boot to asses working on content and doing general bugfixing.

It's clear he's not doing any of that and likely just hasn't felt like working on the game.

Again, 16K/mo for less than 40 hours of labor a month. Im honestly kind of jealous, dude is living the dream.
A tier above as in he's worse or a tier above in that he's slightly better? I don't see how you could say SR7 is worse since ICSTOR hasn't released a single thing in a year and a half.

Reactions: xMendoza

Classic Krieger

Aug 1, 2017
Wow just look at the ballslurpers commenting there.
WHOA Would u look at the date. Guy is 20 days late, and that considering that he was late last month by 20 days. And that considering....
Someone needs to correct the tags on this game. There's no more mindbreak or corruption. hECK there's almost nothing beyond sex. Remember when we thought this would have pregnancy endings? Hah good times.

Last edited:

Semetec

Jun 2, 2018
If you want to know what it is that GG aren't doing - take a look at the team behind What A Legend -

They release weekly progress reports talking about what they worked on in detail, and even have weekly tracking of how much they've finished. The only make a release every few months, but their transparency means you know what's coming - and how fast they're moving. GG don't communicate on patreon - where they make all their money - at all anymore, having retreated entirely into their discord, and even there the information is limited and scattershot. They have been doing this for an awful long time - and it almost seems like they've actively become worse at it the longer they've worked, rather than showing any improvement or learning from their experience.

They can be late. They can be quiet. They can't be late and quiet.

seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021
Treasure of Nadia got an update and will get another one in 3 days in the time they said it would come out soon.
Comparing any VN to Treasure of Nadia is a path leading only to disappointment.

NLT is the pound-for-pound champion in the VN space. Comparing SU to ToN is like tossing some random 130lb. soaking wet dude into a ring with prime Tyson.

NLT would lap Sunset in a 100-yard dash, but they'd also lap the overwhelming majority of VN devs too.

Reactions: Danlorn

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Comparing any VN to Treasure of Nadia is a path leading only to disappointment.

NLT is the pound-for-pound champion in the VN space. Comparing SU to ToN is like tossing some random 130lb. soaking wet dude into a ring with prime Tyson.

NLT would lap Sunset in a 100-yard dash, but they'd also lap the overwhelming majority of VN devs too.
It's also not an accurate comparison point because NLT relies on tech that it is far easier and far faster to create content with. If we ignore the fact that SR7 is a lazy turd who struggled to even complete a ten page comic prior to starting work on Something Unlimited and we pretend that he doesn't somehow stretch two weeks of work across eight to fifteen weeks, 2D artwork is a way slower process than 3D posing.

Jul 22, 2019
If you want to know what it is that GG aren't doing - take a look at the team behind What A Legend -
To be fair, magicnuts are just an insanely well organised duo in general, even compared to other people who I think do a good job with consistent updates they're a step above in terms of planning and communicating what they're doing.

There's very few who can really measure up to them that way in general, zanith does a good job, team dead deer are pretty great considering there's a comic too, but neither have proper plotted out progress the way magicnuts does.

Reactions: Semetec

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
so i have not checked up on this project in two years, has he finished a single character yet?
Some,but there is still a lot that are not finished.Most of them fan favorites.
Completed
-Batgirl
-Huntress(missing MB content)
-Black Canary(missing MB content)
-Stargirl(missing MB content)
-Vixen
-Supergirl
-Hawkgirl(missing MB content)
-Miss Martian
-Artemis
-Terra
-Raven