Crepusculum

Jan 4, 2018
Uhhhh wow, what the f... MrBaker these are some of the most realistic and beautiful faces I've ever seen from Daz. The eyes and lips especially are out of this world, how did you do that?

Holy shit

MrBaker

Game Developer
May 28, 2020
Uhhhh wow, what the f... MrBaker these are some of the most realistic and beautiful faces I've ever seen from Daz. The eyes and lips especially are out of this world, how did you do that?

Holy shit

Before working on this project, I spent around two years learning and experimenting with several software till I reached a quality I liked. My first models were horrible :ROFLMAO:. But to be honest, I'm quite obsessed with 3d animations, it's like I finally found my career.

In the future, if everything goes well, I'd like to jump to Maya or Unreal so I can create way more beautiful characters. But for the moment, I'm working with what I can afford as I can get cheap stuff in Daz and also use my Blender stuff as well.
Thanks so much. I'm really glad you like it.

Crepusculum

Jan 4, 2018
Before working on this project, I spent around two years learning and experimenting with several software till I reached a quality I liked. My first models were horrible :ROFLMAO:. But to be honest, I'm quite obsessed with 3d animations, it's like I finally found my career.

In the future, if everything goes well, I'd like to jump to Maya or Unreal so I can create way more beautiful characters. But for the moment, I'm working with what I can afford as I can get cheap stuff in Daz and also use my Blender stuff as well.
Thanks so much. I'm really glad you like it.
Thank you for the insight into your process, it's nice to see Devs communicating.

As someone new to 3D, still trying to get my barrings, i can't really get characters to look how i imagine them in my head. Can you tell me if things like the lips are "standalone" added to any model? Or just very specific slider/morph to the model? Even the lips "texture" is something i haven't seen before.

MrBaker

Game Developer
May 28, 2020
Thank you for the insight into your process, it's nice to see Devs communicating.

As someone new to 3D, still trying to get my barrings, i can't really get characters to look how i imagine them in my head. Can you tell me if things like the lips are "standalone" added to any model? Or just very specific slider/morph to the model? Even the lips "texture" is something i haven't seen before.
It's due to my normal maps. I created my normal maps carefully using Z-brush it took me months as I was learning as well. Learning Z-brush and substance painter can take time, but it gives you an insane amount of freedom when creating character details.

Some time ago, just weeks before the 0.01 one of my main SSD burned to death. All because I had it under my defective GPU, and I lost most of my textures. But even though there was one thing I was worried about the most, and it was my Zbrush textures, as I spent months painting each one of them. Luckily I had a backup of those.
I had to rebuild Anais and retake her scenes which ended up looking way better than before, as it takes less time when you already know what to do. but I had to retake most of the 0.01 twice before launching.

I was so relieved when I found my Z-brush textures alive.

Good advice is to constantly save materials presets from different chars you like and then create a Frankenstein, mixing all of them, teeth, mouth, eyes, etc. Also, understanding what each part of the shader does greatly helps you.

But I think everyone gets better over time. Experimenting and learning new techniques is the key. I'm not that good yet, as I have much to keep learning.

FrapFappers

Nov 6, 2020
Good story and dialogue, even better CG and animations pretty good to boot.

Good amount of content for 0.02 version I would be happy to see what next version brings.

Crepusculum

Jan 4, 2018
It's due to my normal maps. I created my normal maps carefully using Z-brush it took me months as I was learning as well. Learning Z-brush and substance painter can take time, but it gives you an insane amount of freedom when creating character details.

Some time ago, just weeks before the 0.01 one of my main SSD burned to death. All because I had it under my defective GPU, and I lost most of my textures. But even though there was one thing I was worried about the most, and it was my Zbrush textures, as I spent months painting each one of them. Luckily I had a backup of those.
I had to rebuild Anais and retake her scenes which ended up looking way better than before, as it takes less time when you already know what to do. but I had to retake most of the 0.01 twice before launching.

I was so relieved when I found my Z-brush textures alive.

Good advice is to constantly save materials presets from different chars you like and then create a Frankenstein, mixing all of them, teeth, mouth, eyes, etc. Also, understanding what each part of the shader does greatly helps you.

But I think everyone gets better over time. Experimenting and learning new techniques is the key. I'm not that good yet, as I have much to keep learning.
I just want to say this is inspiring and again, thank you for sharing.
This may just be me, but something as simple as these lips or eyes (Especially the lips) really elevates the visuals to a whole different level for me.

I wouldn't be surprised if you could sell those on the Daz store for a pretty buck, you're talented, i can't wait to see what else you come up with.

MrBaker

Game Developer
May 28, 2020
I just want to say this is inspiring and again, thank you for sharing.
This may just be me, but something as simple as these lips or eyes (Especially the lips) really elevates the visuals to a whole different level for me.

I wouldn't be surprised if you could sell those on the Daz store for a pretty buck, you're talented, i can't wait to see what else you come up with.
Thanks so much, that really inspires me.

battali0n

Oct 30, 2021
I can see that you listened to the feedback and made a lot of improvements over the first version. It look really good now.

It's a personal preference of mine but I haven't found any of the girls so far attractive. I like more normal and natural looking girls. I really liked Zoey's personality and she was the best so far but she is a "big" girl and that is a turn-off for me. I think you have a great game in the making otherwise and it looks like there are plans for a lot of Li's so maybe I'll find someone I like later. I hated having to turn every Li down but I'll be back for the next update to see what you have to offer.

Reactions: MrBaker

MrBaker

Game Developer
May 28, 2020
I hate when game devs do that. It's dialogue, not a twitter conversation.
I'm really sorry. That was version 0.01. I had no plan to release the 0.01 here as it was a prototype. It was meant for certain people only, especially a writer and a coder that wanted to help, But I needed it to upload the game first. Also, because I was not very aware of this site, I had no idea how much exposure the game would've had; otherwise, I'd avoided my game being uploaded here in that early stage. When I was told my game received more than 100k views here, I felt very ashamed because the game wasn't ready.
I've been working restlessly for years on this project, putting my soul into it, and it almost fell apart due to my mistake.

I'm really sorry for the people who played the 0.01, and I'm learning from my mistakes. The 0.02 is how this game should've been released.
Thanks so much to the people who, even after playing the 0.01, still follow this project.

Last edited:

Crese1967895

Mar 10, 2020
I'm really sorry. That was version 0.01. I had no plan to release the 0.01 here as it was a prototype. It was meant for certain people only, especially a writer and a coder that wanted to help, But I needed it to upload the game first. Also, because I was not very aware of this site, I had no idea how much exposure the game would've had; otherwise, I'd avoided my game being uploaded here in that early stage. When I was told my game received more than 100k views here, I felt very ashamed because the game wasn't ready.
I've been working restlessly for years on this project, putting my soul into it, and it almost fell apart due to my mistake.

I'm really sorry for the people who played the 0.01, and I'm learning from my mistakes. The 0.02 is how this game should've been released.
Thanks so much to the people who, even after playing the 0.01, still follow this project.
I was talking in general, I read the entire thread already. For you the abbreviations seem to have been made as placeholders (Don't know why though, only takes a second to write please or thanks), but there are devs that abbreviate everything . It's horrid and lazy, how hard is it to type out 5 extra letters? Ruins all the immersion. I haven't played the game yet anyways though, I had it on my watch list and decided to check up on it. Good work with renders, very unique bodies and faces, can't say much about the story but I have concerns about the fact that money is still important for some reason. You'd think ration cards would be given out instead considering how hard it would be to grow food since the countryside (Farmland) and most cities would either be overrun or have no protection.

comte bonfim

Nov 13, 2021
Awesome so far, amazing renders! Glad to see another amazing game on the works, can't wait for future updates.

Hercule_Poirot

Aug 22, 2016
At some point during MC's first mission with Zoey, she somehow transformed into a badass black dude, is that part of the plot or just an amusing mistake?

• Haha

comte bonfim

Nov 13, 2021
Damn, I feel bad that I passed on Anais offer for a quickie because I felt like the MC wasn't feeling it after what went down... I went full on sadlord and told her to get dressed when she was throwing her peach at my face, which btw, fucking amazing scene! haha

Alright, time to restart. :devilish:

• Red Heart
4.60 star(s) 36 Votes