TheHologram

Feb 15, 2018
I can say that while this is an English version, these cheats aren't programmed correctly at all. There is quite a bit of disconnect. Houses do not unlock, characters don't take commands from options, it's a bit off.

But still fun...
Here is my alternate update for the qnd version. Most cheats are on the "settings|cheater" page where I put everything in menus. When you enable full cheats then it adds "alt cheat" to the info page. Last updated for version 24. Its better than nothing but seems like there are still issues and does not have anything for newer content.

Reactions: Mongoose69

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
Here's a cheat mod for my Quick 'n' Dirty translation of 0.29. Essentially this is the Cheat Edition of @Xorgoth's mod sloppily copied and gratuitously stolen. Don't expect everything to work to the same quality as his translation and any problems/bugs will be in my QSP rather than his.

Also, I made a single change to translation - the new addition of the "car" was machine translated to "wheelbarrow" and while it was fun to invite women to come and have sex with me in my wheelbarrow, it did sort of break the illusion of gameplay a bit. So that's changed manually, apart from that it's the same QSP as earlier + cheats.
There's some confusion with this that I'll clear up. Generally the release cycle for this game goes as follows:

Avenger releases a new version (in Russian). Let's call this Day 0.

Myself, PrEzi or someone else will release a machine translation without cheats known as a "Quick and Dirty" version. This is generally on day 0 or day 1. This version is (usually) perfectly playable and without errors but contains no cheats.

On day 1 or day 2, we will release a Quick and Dirty Cheat version. This is a machine translated version which has some cheats added into it. This version is always buggy and mainly released to stop the constant questions and because it allows people to time and money cheat which makes getting things much easier. It specifically holds no guarantees of working properly.

The reason for this is because mainly Russian variables are not translated properly so the way the machine translation deals with them is to ignore them and leave them untranslated. So if you're playing the game naturally it's no problem at all.
However, the cheats point to the English names of ALL variables meaning that for many cases the cheats don't do anything for some of the more advanced stuff like calling events. Only the time, money and place skips tend to work properly.

In the past, we've then gone to work on this and fixed the cheat version so that it works perfectly. This would happen on Day 7 or so. The reason that we don't do this any more is because Xorgroth releases a proper and perfectly working translation version now in his SoaB Translation Project thread. This is the gold star of English releases for this game and is translated not using a machine and has all the cheats working. We consider this the "proper" version of the English SoB release while the Quick and Dirty version is the small hacky version that tides people over until Xorgroth releases his version, and hopefully alleviates some of the time pressure on him.

The QnD version is not designed to be a stable release that you build new saves around and is more designed to get you into the game and using the content as quickly as possible. Those wanting to create a new long term or stable game should, as always, wait for the release of Xorgroth's translation project. Those who can't wait that long and are willing to sacrifice some stability should use the Quick and Dirty version.

That's sort of how the SoB thread plays out after a release.

Hotelhero78

May 7, 2017
There's some confusion with this that I'll clear up. Generally the release cycle for this game goes as follows:

Myself, PrEzi or someone else will release a machine translation without cheats known as a "Quick and Dirty" version. This is generally on day 0 or day 1. This version is (usually) perfectly playable and without errors but contains no cheats.

On day 1 or day 2, we will release a Quick and Dirty Cheat version. This is a machine translated version which has some cheats added into it. This version is always buggy and mainly released to stop the constant questions and because it allows people to time and money cheat which makes getting things much easier. It specifically holds no guarantees of working properly.

The reason for this is because mainly Russian variables are not translated properly so the way the machine translation deals with them is to ignore them and leave them untranslated. So if you're playing the game naturally it's no problem at all.
However, the cheats point to the English names of ALL variables meaning that for many cases the cheats don't do anything for some of the more advanced stuff like calling events. Only the time, money and place skips tend to work properly.

In the past, we've then gone to work on this and fixed the cheat version so that it works perfectly. This would happen on Day 7 or so. The reason that we don't do this any more is because Xorgroth releases a proper and perfectly working translation version now in his SoaB Translation Project thread. This is the gold star of English releases for this game and is translated not using a machine and has all the cheats working. We consider this the "proper" version of the English SoB release while the Quick and Dirty version is the small hacky version that tides people over until Xorgroth releases his version, and hopefully alleviates some of the time pressure on him.

The QnD version is not designed to be a stable release that you build new saves around and is more designed to get you into the game and using the content as quickly as possible. Those wanting to create a new long term or stable game should, as always, wait for the release of Xorgroth's translation project. Those who can't wait that long and are willing to sacrifice some stability should use the Quick and Dirty version.

Thanks for all the great info!! Can't wait for the release!

Reactions: Namco15

janoi

Sep 10, 2017
Is there a link to an update files only? Download the full file every time the update came out is so big. It takes so long to download while we already got like 80-90% of the file from the old version. Can anyone please help?

Magdragon

Aug 5, 2016
Is there a link to an update files only? Download the full file every time the update came out is so big. It takes so long to download while we already got like 80-90% of the file from the old version. Can anyone please help?
This one you need to redownload the full thing cause the dev renamed some videos and things.

Reactions: Namco15

rallie2

Feb 18, 2018
This one you need to redownload the full thing cause the dev renamed some videos and things.
I have just downloaded via the torrent and it has a 1.09Gb update only file as well as the 12.09Gb All file so it looks like v28 an be updated.

Warsteel

May 26, 2017
Taking down the links for the previous version makes it difficult to use the translation project...

Sam699

Apr 25, 2018
I have just downloaded via the torrent and it has a 1.09Gb update only file as well as the 12.09Gb All file so it looks like v28 an be updated.
:unsure::unsure::unsure: If you read the change log you will see that Avenger has changed a lot of things.... This is why saves do not work from 0.28.... If you want to try update it then go ahead but don't be shocked when it doesn't work :)

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Could you upload your qsp file? The full russian torrent doesnt have MTL English. Its just pure russian no cheats
Sure, here you go. It's from the full download on the front page, the 12GB NoPy.

Though not sure if this is like the QnD one already posted.

Reactions: Dropdude

Hryme

Aug 15, 2016
I tried to search for it, but couldn't find it. Now when the dedicated subforum for this game disappeared where is the character guides? I can't find them.

smokrader

Dec 25, 2017

i understood most of your explanation and tanks for it but i have to ask why do you have to rewrite/ retranslate all variable each time???

isn't there a way to keep the previous variable corectly translated from the previous update to " copy and passe it" and then add to it the new variable from the new update once it's correctly translated ???

would be more efficient/ quick ???

or is it what you're guys allready doing

Wankyudo

Jul 26, 2017
i understood most of your explanation and tanks for it but i have to ask why do you have to rewrite/ retranslate all variable each time???

isn't there a way to keep the previous variable corectly translated from the previous update to " copy and passe it" and then add to it the new variable from the new update once it's correctly translated ???

would be more efficient/ quick ???

or is it what you're guys allready doing
That's already what they are doing which is still nightmarishly time consuming since they can't exactly just cut and paste a qsp like a clipboard image.

ai...

May 30, 2019
I have a couple complaints about this game. One being the size of the game 12.1Gb's is a massive game like this. I live in the country so I only have one option for internet and it's not high speed at all. So it took me most of a day to download this game. Two being the game needs hints. So I spent pretty much an entire day to download the game only to have no clue what I'm doing. The only hint I saw in any menu was telling me when to work to make money other than that I had no clue what to do. Lastly I get that the game was made in Russian, but the broken English in this game makes it hard for me to play. I can't understand what's trying to be said in a lot of dialogs I have with anyone...

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017

I completely forgot somehow but for those of you doing the QnD cheats version. I do have all of the variables translated and non-translated in a list. If you head over to my git, in the Utils folder there's a file called varsBeforeAfter.txt, I haven't updated for this version but if someone wants to mass replace so the Translated vars are back in Russian there you go.

Reactions: Burt
4.10 star(s) 26 Votes