dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
Thanks for pointing out the bugs and adding the command console, I’ll be adding them to my version of the qsp file.

This seems like it might turn into a small community project, and since you’ve had experience with working on community projects how did you and the other contributors of jack-o-nine-tails handle maintaining version parity?
I've started a GitHub which has build instructions and some useful tools I gratuitously stole from Xorgroth and some of the Girl Life team.

You can submit changes on there if you are familiar with Git and I'll merge them in.

It's worth noting that we're going to have to do a lot of work to get this QSP into a state that it can even be worked on. Developers will understand what I mean if you've worked on other people's codebase, but we're not even ready to work on the translation yet, we're setting up workflows and toolchains and the easiest way to do this is to edit some of the game code to fit with parsing standards which includes about 15 locations or so that contain invalid characters. The next update (46.6) is going to require new saves tbh and it will almost be English version 0.1. Not in terms of a proper translation, but in the terms that we now have at least two active people with long term QSP experience working on the project and we're starting to look like we might be able to get this into a more useable state for players than it currently is (due to my poor translation, the game is excellent in Chinese). We'll have to see how much enthusiasm we can slam against this. I'm concerned that the dev is starting to add DRM into the game (which will not be in the translated version) in order to try and get people to pay for cheats or guides. I'm not sure about the Chinese marketplace but that sort of stuff doesn't really work in English speaking communities and revenue comes from spreading the game as wide as possible and trying to please as many players as you can in order to garner support rather than withholding content. It could become difficult in future patches, depending on which road they decide to travel.

Last edited:

Lokplart

- I can code, I guess :D
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Thanks! Now I just need to figure out the 2 people that show "not installed", I think it's the major and Minister of Education. Their pictures are second from the last row, column 2 and 4. I don't see any files for them however so they may not be obtainable.

I kept choosing the level 3 contracts so I never saw her. Do you know how to unlock the Jingyuan Project Room inside the hospital? It's an option when you are doing the drug testing (turn left with the doctor suit on)? I see the Project Director in the hospital with the plastic surgeon on floor 2 but the room itself is greyed out. I am wondering if it is stuck due to the plastic surgeons last option at her home being bugged.
I think you have to do Tia's questline for that. If you tell me where you are with her questline I can guide you further

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
i search mother and dont find anything someone can help me find the guide im stuck whit the stepmother
Sure

Quick walkthrough for early stepmother
1. Talk in the hall about guest room at 8am
2. Buy light bulb from Department Store
3. Install lightbulb in guest room
4. Talk again at 8am to learn Grandpa is moving in
5. Spy betwenn 12pm and 5pm on the guest room.
6. Talk in the Office regarding Temporary Worker
7. Go to buy Invisible Camera from Department Store
8. Install in the Office in the Warehouse
9. Talk to Stepmother in Office ("Deal With Trouble")
10. Go Home->Bedroom->Computer->Monitor and view the video
11. Talk to Stepmother in Office ("Deal With Trouble")
12. At Saturday at 11pm-12am, visit the Warehouse in the Office
13. Be Patient -> Follow Him -> Search Computer -> Encrypted Folder -> Code Deciphering. This will take more than one attempt so you'll have to go back next week (or skip 24hrs, time rarely matters in this game). You can choose other options apart from encrypted folder for some lore, but the folder is how to progress.
14. When deciphered, go back to Office and Take Credit.
15. Still in the Office, choose new option "Bitter plan".
16. Back home, spy in the guest room.

lordigor99

Jun 26, 2017
I translated the walkthroughs on the page using chatGPT, but I only did it from the home page, that is, up to version 0.24.

It's not perfect but it will help you search for particular things more quickly.

If you are a good soul and want to contribute to the rest of the versions or improvements, feel free:
.PDF: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/10/3021795_Son_of_Asia_Walkthrough.pdf
.DOC: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/10/3021797_Son_of_Asia_Walkthrough.rar

alarish

Oct 8, 2018
the translated guide its a bit more understandeable but still has the smae problem...doesnt tell me where to start number 41 it just say "you can accept" but where? and when?(and if I go to the hotsprings at 13:00 as I was told nothing is happening)

bos123

Jan 18, 2021
Hi, does anyone know how to download or have access to the Chinese version of this game? apparently, it's already V46.6 on the Chinese version, and I want to play that one. Since the language barrier isn't an issue for me.

bos123

Jan 18, 2021
I did find the Baidu link earlier, but its downloading at speed of 120kb per second. Would any kind soul be willing to upload the newest Chinese Version on another hosting site like Gofile or Mega? Thanks!

Apr 12, 2018
dspeed tagging you here in case you're not actively checking the github rn but I made some new script files that split a txt2gam formatted .txt file into .qsrp files so that each location can be edited individually. Additionally, there's another script that makes the qproj file needed to remerge.

I'm not sure how useful this is, but I think it'll be most useful when dealing with new versions of the game that are still in chinese.

Edit: Also maybe dumb question, but wdym about invalid characters? How is it currently being handled in the qsp (since all locations are working).

Edit2: Just saw that the chinese version of 466 includes a qproj file so usefulness is probably less now.

Last edited:

Jeskes

Apr 25, 2017
  • Fixed an error message at the convenience store if you ignore a customer for too long
  • Fixed a bug that prevented 3 characters from showing up to the convenience store on Friday, Saturday and Sunday respectively
  • Fixed 2 error messages at the end of the scenes with the characters mentioned above.
  • Fixed Wrong place for praise calculation when going to convenience store regional manager
  • Added one new cheat on page 2 for continuous max profits and continuous max praise.
This seems to have changed something that broke a few of the character page pictures (family, Meng Tianshi, and Vice Principal).

Lokplart

- I can code, I guess :D
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
This seems to have changed something that broke a few of the character page pictures (family, Meng Tianshi, and Vice Principal).
Could you please be more specific? Either a description of the steps you took to get to a broken scene or a save file right before it happens would be really useful.

Apr 12, 2018
Made an experimental cheat button that's always on the screen, it's pretty annoying having to go back to the computer especially when debugging.

This plays a bit around with the css file for the game in order to fit the new button, and adds a new image file so it's a bit more than just editing the qsp file.

Install Instructions: Drop SOA folder in root directory of the game, overwrite when asked. Be sure to backup your qsp/css file in case you want to revert.

Jeskes

Apr 25, 2017
Could you please be more specific? Either a description of the steps you took to get to a broken scene or a save file right before it happens would be really useful.
I just replaced the last version of the QSP file I had (attached) with the file in the quoted post and the images were gone.

Apr 12, 2018
I just replaced the last version of the QSP file I had (attached) with the file in the quoted post and the images were gone.
Those specific 5 missing characters are the ones that had their names updated, so you will have to redownload the portraits file that I had posted, but make sure it’s only the image files and not the qsp as well.

Reactions: Jeskes

Black Xoul

Apr 5, 2018
I translated the walkthroughs on the page using chatGPT, but I only did it from the home page, that is, up to version 0.24.

It's not perfect but it will help you search for particular things more quickly.

If you are a good soul and want to contribute to the rest of the versions or improvements, feel free:
.PDF: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/10/3021795_Son_of_Asia_Walkthrough.pdf
.DOC: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/10/3021797_Son_of_Asia_Walkthrough.rar
was google translating this shit. Man you are a live saver <3

3.40 star(s) 26 Votes