• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Okay, since I managed to sort out couple more pressing features I need sooner than later way earlier then I thought I would, I went back and implemented naming feature, it will roll out with 0.4.0. But just be warned, there will be images that will reference the character as "Alexander Ward", when I get time I might redo the images but right now my focus is in the future content.

For this change you obviously need to restart when 0.4.0 comes out, existing saves continues to use the name "Alexander Ward" and it doesn't break save compatibility, at least didn't break the saves I was testing that was made with 0.3.0 version.
Thanks for your hard work and for keeping us updated.

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Okay, since I managed to sort out couple more pressing features I need sooner than later way earlier then I thought I would, I went back and implemented naming feature, it will roll out with 0.4.0. But just be warned, there will be images that will reference the character as "Alexander Ward", when I get time I might redo the images but right now my focus is in the future content.

For this change you obviously need to restart when 0.4.0 comes out, existing saves continues to use the name "Alexander Ward" and it doesn't break save compatibility, at least didn't break the saves I was testing that was made with 0.3.0 version.
Thank you. I would have followed regardless, its a fun vn. I respect you making the time to make some of us happier. Naming the mc myself is not a deal breaker but its one of the beautiful unique differences of vn than your normal books or movies.
Totally stoked you are planning to see this through to the end. Again I wish the best and will continue to look forward to more. Best of luck. Thanks again

Last edited:
Reactions: AmerHST

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Does this game have a WT?

I played TRS with a mini guide made by someone
Currently there is no need for one as none of the choices have too drastic consequences at the moment, simple solution is not to be a dick towards Miyuki and you will be fine with her.

Can be fun, I like the japanese girl, is this a choice based game or a sandbox ?
Choice based. I have very little interest on making a sandbox.

giggitygigity

Aug 24, 2019
Good work, love the new update! I really enjoy this story of yours!

edit: oh wow, you made TRS? that is one of my favorite game! Good job!

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
as a massive fan of Reluctant Archon...my style of games tends to dip towards the storytelling side with magic mythology etc...and this is in that vein of games...enjoying it...MC and Asian Goddess need to have a longer kiss ..it's v4 already.....HAHAAA

Reactions: AmerHST and Repuci

Reese286

Nov 24, 2017
Lol, Ok. Well I've played Dungeons & Dragons, why not Dungeons & Pussy? (y) I'm in.

Deleted member 2735575

Anti-NTR Crusader
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2020
I'm kind of scared of all the choices I have to make, after the very severe repercussions of choices in Terminus Reach. But so far I'm loving the VN, keep it up Dev :D

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
A great interesting game. (y) I was happy to read your remarks about the sandbox option. A very wise decision.

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Mar 16, 2019
I'm loving the story so much, and nice one with the fairy dragon.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Take a few moments to work... ^^ And thank you all for trying it out.
as a massive fan of Reluctant Archon...my style of games tends to dip towards the storytelling side with magic mythology etc...and this is in that vein of games...enjoying it...MC and Asian Goddess need to have a longer kiss ..it's v4 already.....HAHAAA
Damn I knew I forgot to put the 10 seconds hard pause there >.>

Thank you. I would have followed regardless, its a fun vn. I respect you making the time to make some of us happier. Naming the mc myself is not a deal breaker but its one of the beautiful unique differences of vn than your normal books or movies.
Totally stoked you are planning to see this through to the end. Again I wish the best and will continue to look forward to more. Best of luck. Thanks again
Well it's that mind set of a novelist really they are my character and it is their story ;) And while the feature wasn't never off the table it was lower priority vs other stuff and actual content. So when I got some extra time I thought why not.

Good work, love the new update! I really enjoy this story of yours!

edit: oh wow, you made TRS? that is one of my favorite game! Good job!
Yeah TRS is mine. And I'm glad that you enjoy the little, or not so little looking at the pile of text, story so far.

I'm kind of scared of all the choices I have to make, after the very severe repercussions of choices in Terminus Reach. But so far I'm loving the VN, keep it up Dev :D
You are safe... for now ;)

A great interesting game. (y) I was happy to read your remarks about the sandbox option. A very wise decision.
Sandbox games have their place, but it isn't really style I want to make right now. I won't say that I will never do one but right now for this project and the next one will stay in more traditional VN style.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spfjolietjake

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
Ideal for wasting time but apart from that never seen much purpose for a sandbox unless of course you wont to go through the same scene ad-infinitum.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Ideal for wasting time but apart from that never seen much purpose for a sandbox unless of course you wont to go through the same scene ad-infinitum.
I dont understand either the sandbox use on this kind of games. Its supposed to be so you can ignore certain characters, but most Devs dont use it for that and just use it to artificially extend hours of gameplay.

And you can give the option to ignore characters without the need to make it a sandbox.

And lets not get started on Point and Click, that is even worse

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
I can understand the concept of sandbox and why it's alluring to some. But to make it work it would require multiple stories and lot's of content, each probably worth enough to be their own game. So 10+ years to make a good sandbox? Who the hell has time for that? >.>

And to be fair, the older I get the less patience I have for them. But, I've learned never to say never, who knows if down the line I get the urge to make some sort of sandbox. But foreseeable future "traditional VN" it is.

Is he supposed to look like Dr.Strange?
It isn't intentional that I can assure you. But ultimately, it boils down on what Daz assets I end up liking, for Garrett in TRS it was being bald with a beard, Alexander well what you have now.

And I can say this for certain at this point, no main character of mine will be shaved.

4.40 star(s) 139 Votes