Hornyowl

Jun 4, 2020
The issue for the options not showing was with the mod. Shaddy updated the mod to allow those options to show a bit before you posted.

As for Naha, he is an incubus, yes he looks feminine, and yes he is still a male, and he still identifies as a male.

But think it this way, he does prefer men over women, as Kiri (or Eva) says on the Fiery Fangs portion. So when a big portion of your preferred hmm... source of sustenance are attracted to more feminine features, wouldn't you shapeshift towards something they prefer to have easier access to a wider group? After all, it is a basic hunting technique to camouflage yourself.

Maybe...
I understand.
Okay, on a separate point that's been bugging me. In Shaddy's mod I saw a scene with a satyr that I know I did not experience in my playthrough. And you're mentioning Fiery Fangs. I chose the Gorgon route early on. Are those part of the Association route?

And thank you for Mei and the MC...FINALLY. Maybe Michelle and Zoey at some time?

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
I understand.
Okay, on a separate point that's been bugging me. In Shaddy's mod I saw a scene with a satyr that I know I did not experience in my playthrough. And you're mentioning Fiery Fangs. I chose the Gorgon route early on. Are those part of the Association route?

And thank you for Mei and the MC...FINALLY. Maybe Michelle and Zoey at some time?
Had to think for a bit, you are meaning the Spirit of the Glade, which would be on the "Deal with Delmar" choice day 24.

And yes, Fiery Fangs are the ones from the association choice on Day 10.

Zoey comes eventually if you have chosen... wisely. Michelle stays loyal to Kai.

I get what you are saying though...satyrs and centaurs are part of Greek lore. I did literature (all kinds - from Classical Greek to Modern American) and I am almost sure that there was never any mention of female versions of satyrs.
Technically, what we associate as Satyrs (Greek) are more Fauns (Roman, faunus for male, fauna for female) which do have females, depending a bit on what time period mythologies /stories you read. Post Roman they did make Satyress in the arts.

And the classic Greek Satyr had a horsetail, horse ears, and horse legs that were phased out.

Last edited:

Rory Smith

May 24, 2021
I understand.

There is a "free fairy" option on association route And another fairy marries mc too

Hornyowl

Jun 4, 2020
Had to think for a bit, you are meaning the Spirit of the Glade, which would be on the "Deal with Delmar" choice day 24.

And yes, Fiery Fangs are the ones from the association choice on Day 10.

Zoey comes eventually if you have chosen... wisely. Michelle stays loyal to Kai.

Technically, what we associate as Satyrs (Greek) are more Fauns (Roman, faunus for male, fauna for female) which do have females, depending a bit on what time period mythologies /stories you read. Post Roman they did make Satyress in the arts.

And the classic Greek Satyr had a horsetail, horse ears, and horse legs that were phased out.
I hear you. Never was big on actual Roman mythologies since I felt it was a corruption of the earlier Greek. I guess it was corrupted enough that the image of a satyr with goat legs and small horns is more Roman than Greek.

Glad to hear that eventually Zoey will come...need to remember when the choice comes. As far as Michelle goes...Oh Well, can't fuck them all. And NO, Gertrud is not an option. Rather be an eunuch.

thomthehound

Jan 28, 2018
I don't ever use the word "mythology" as I think its degrading and insulting to several global cultures. The idea that they were created to account for things that humans could not explain is simplistic at best and reeks of colonisation and assimilation. Written history is mainly Eurocentric with ALL Asian, Mesopotamian and South American cultures being fiction. Why? Because the conquerors couldn't explain it at the time? Because it flies in the face of Euro-Christian theory? Today, 2021, there are several things that humans, with science (and even within science) cannot explain. Why should they be fictional myths? Simply because you cannot explain it?

And I used manga/hentai as an example since many gamers use it as a reference point, ignoring the fact that the creators borrowed from other cultures. I stopped reading Marvel/DC etc. a long time ago...pack of hot bilge. The fact that people use comics as a reference point to support what they think is canon is hilarious. It shows a complete lack of knowledge of the sources of the characters. Everything they illustrate is done to earn money...nothing more; nothing less. If that means that they distort reality and canon as well as marginalize ancient civilizations then so be it. Woe be onto us as the idiots who believe it will be in charge at some point.

In the case of Harry Potter, it may be that the author simply focused on the features of the basilisk that remained constant through history and removed aspects that may have been open to conjecture i.e. those features that were added since Pliny the Elder first mentioned it's existence.

The fact the the Dev of this game is taking the time to be correct...kudos to him. It shows an open mind, as well as an appreciation of the oral traditions and cultures that kept these creatures alive over the centuries.
The idea that myth means "false story" instead of "traditional story" is Eurocentric, colonial, and ethno-supremacist. Oh, and wrong. Also wrong.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Fact is, this is Talothral world. He is god here. What he defines is.

So he can define whatever he wants and you guys need to accept it. In this setting, what he defines is what it is correct. That is how creating fictional worlds works.

Some may claim: that is not the way thing are. But that would be in another setting. In Talothral's world, it is what he wills it to be.

Today, 2021, there are several things that humans, with science (and even within science) cannot explain. Why should they be fictional myths? Simply because you cannot explain it?
I don't care about all other. But you are pushing your argument mixing science here. The way we actually advance science is by testing things.

So, simply because we cannot explain something does not imply some wacky idea is true either. We simply have untested or unverifiable hypothesis.

Yet, we do have some prior about what we believe makes more sense. We do not truly understand gravity* either, yet I doubt you will jump down a skyscraper any time soon, right?

*there is no empirically tested theory of everything.

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
The idea that myth means "false story" instead of "traditional story" is Eurocentric, colonial, and ethno-supremacist. Oh, and wrong. Also wrong.
Well, if we were talking about serious oral history I would agree but we are talking about myths. While all cultures are entitled to have folklore (and is a good thing), myths by definition are flights of fancy, even the European ones.

thomthehound

Jan 28, 2018
Well, if we were talking about serious oral history I would agree but we are talking about myths. While all cultures are entitled to have folklore (and is a good thing), myths by definition are flights of fancy, even the European ones.
I don't think the line between "serious oral history" and "myth" is as stark as that. Certainly before Herodotus (hailed in Europe and the Near East as "the first historian") there was no difference at all. And that was already well into the era of "recorded" history. Not to mention the fact that Herodotus himself drew heavily on myth for parts of history that were too remote for him corroborate, so I'm not sure even he would have seen a difference.

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
I don't think the line between "serious oral history" and "myth" is as stark as that. Certainly before Herodotus (hailed in Europe and the Near East as "the first historian") there was no difference at all. And that was already well into the era of "recorded" history. Not to mention the fact that Herodotus himself drew heavily on myth for parts of history that were too remote for him corroborate, so I'm not sure even he would have seen a difference.
What you are talking about Herodotus is historiography and he did the best he could with the pile of shit he had at hand. That's the point, we have a broader understanding now of the world, we know that there are no fucking flying 10 ton dragons. If someone tells me that 1000 kilometers away from me there is a magical talking goat, in this day and age I can hop on a plane and go see how I tossed my money down the drain. Herodotus couldn't do that and had to take a lot of shit at face value.

If I talk to the children of someone that was in WW2 and he/she tells me something factual and plausible I can consider it oral history. If that person tells me that a bunch of magical talking goats came out the drain raped Hitler and finger banged Eva Brown I can call that a myth unless I can find the children of the magical talking goats to tell me how that works.

You are right sometimes it is hard to tell the real from the fantastical but sometimes it is just there laughing in your face.

thomthehound

Jan 28, 2018
What you are talking about Herodotus is historiography and he did the best he could with the pile of shit he had at hand. That's the point, we have a broader understanding now of the world, we know that there are no fucking flying 10 ton dragons. If someone tells me that 1000 kilometers away from me there is a magical talking goat, in this day and age I can hop on a plane and go see how I tossed my money down the drain. Herodotus couldn't do that and had to take a lot of shit at face value.

If I talk to the children of someone that was in WW2 and he/she tells me something factual and plausible I can consider it oral history. If that person tells me that a bunch of magical talking goats came out the drain raped Hitler and finger banged Eva Brown I can call that a myth unless I can find the children of the magical talking goats to tell me how that works.

You are right sometimes it is hard to tell the real from the fantastical but sometimes it is just there laughing in your face.
On a personal level, I agree with you. There is no need to debate the philosophy of materialism and objective reality. However, my point was that the word "myth" only means "false story" to the people who already don't believe it. It means "traditional story" to simply everyone.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: v1900

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
On a personal level, I agree with you. There is no need to debate the philosophy of materialism and objective reality. However, my point was that the word "myth" only means "false story" to the people who already don't believe it. It means "traditional story" to simply everyone.
That is why I like to use the word folklore for "traditional history", something you know is bull but nevertheless is important for a culture and carries deep meaning.

ghipholane

Apr 24, 2020
Fact is, this is Talothral world. He is god here. What he defines is.

So he can define whatever he wants and you guys need to accept it. In this setting, what he defines is what it is correct. That is how creating fictional worlds works.

Some may claim: that is not the way thing are. But that would be in another setting. In Talothral's world, it is what he wills it to be.
This is exactly what i have in mind. When Talothral create a snake, i just a mere follower asking a god "can it also has wings because it looks cool in other stories?".

If an author wants to stay true to real world/mythology/traditional stories/folklore...etc, i'm happy with it as i had read those stories since i was a kid and i love them; on the other hand, if he/she wants to create let say a chimera with 3 unicorn head then i'm cheering for it as i'm also a big fan of creativity.

So when ppl say to me things must stay true to the "canon" stories back in like thousand of years earlier, i'm really not happy about it as it limits creativity.

MadLad Nomad

Jul 16, 2020
Any chance of the Android ports getting a Walkthrough or even an official Android port with Walkthrough and other mods?

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
So when ppl say to me things must stay true to the "canon" stories back in like thousand of years earlier, i'm really not happy about it as it limits creativity.
& without staying true to established canon, the story loses all sense of continuity.

It doesn't limit creativity, it just means that if you want to create something in the original author's world, then you have to follow the foundation they laid & collude with it, not contradict it. Certainly not overwrite it, or pretend it does not exist.

If you want to write a story in an established universe, then your hands are already tied - creativity is already limited, because the universe already exists & you are confined by the established laws of it.
If you want full, free creative licence, then do your own story, in your own world - unlimited creativity.

Reactions: HornyyPussy

ghipholane

Apr 24, 2020
& without staying true to established canon, the story loses all sense of continuity.

It doesn't limit creativity, it just means that if you want to create something in the original author's world, then you have to follow the foundation they laid & collude with it, not contradict it. Certainly not overwrite it, or pretend it does not exist.

If you want to write a story in an established universe, then your hands are already tied - creativity is already limited, because the universe already exists & you are confined by the established laws of it.
If you want full, free creative licence, then do your own story, in your own world - unlimited creativity.
I agree with u 100% if Sorcerer is a game 100% based on/sequel/prequel of others universe like lord of the ring or dr strange: sorcerer supreme or the witcher...etc but it is not.
This game is Talothral's world so he can do whatever he wants with it and not follow others universe rules. He can create a dragon look like a cat bark like a dog and u just have to accept it. Of course i love to see things in others universe cooperate smoothly in this universe but insist something must work exactly like in other universe is, to me, a limitation of creativity

Reactions: RolandG.
4.40 star(s) 142 Votes