Unreal Engine Sorceress Tale [v05.30.2024] [Mithos56]

3.00 star(s) 23 Votes

Excablecar

Dec 7, 2018
Is this an actual game yet or just a mess of random stuff still
Still kind of random?

At this point, I'm just really curious what the dev is trying to achieve. I liked where he was going with the 2018 build. Just randomized maplayouts, with quick sneak charming and swift combat.

If more mapparts were added, some finetuning of gameplay and a bit more enemies for content I'd say it would have been a fine and enjoyable game.

Now though? Spellcasting is clunky, the village environment doesn't really work smoothly for navigation and without the randomized segments, it doesn't have much replayability. Adding guns and a knife is also unnecessary and frankly less interesting than the spells from the previous version. The game sadly is suffering a lot from messing-about-itis.

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
From what I played. There a few things I hope get resolved.

Platforming. There are these boulders that are floating and you need to jump on them. I would like if there was a way to grab onto it to pull yourself up. I found my self jumping and because I didn't jump at the correct moment I would miss it and fall off. Think Tomb Raider

Invisible walls where there shouldn't be none. I found when I was in the building and tried to solve some of the pressure plate puzzles. I found getting to the pressure plate was nearly impossible. I kept getting greeted with an invisible wall. I really had to get creative to get a box or barrel onto the pressure plate to open up the door. I found there was a crack in this wall that I could get into to but it was difficult even when I was crouch down to get to the plate on the other side because I was being dumbstruck by invisible walls.

Different spells. I found that trying to use the spell like bomb or push felt like a chore. I think if you can map them individually with keys. Like map Bomb to 1, push to 2 or boomerang 3 etc. Instead of trying to get the pattern correctly. Because I found like using a bomb against enemies is somewhat frustrating because I am pulling up the spell menu to map out my bomb spell, I was getting hit by enemies.

Last edited:

coufi

Jun 11, 2017
i have a problem... for type number 1 or numpad 1 for sex action, nothing happens....

Storlack

Sep 28, 2017
lol entitled idiots talking shit, unreal games take time to make. the dev for this game is one single person, he has to do everything by himself.

even breeder dev is a single person, wild life only got lots of progress cause they got funding to hire more people.
Nenad, NotVil....
Over 3 years, their progress is seen in much greater quality and quantity of content.
If you have not seen their projects, I advise you to take a closer look.

What, not that graphics engine? There is a Chinese developer (also 1 person) who created a shooter on UE4 with a plot where the whole game is 5-6 hours long. It is called Bright Memory. Now he is redoing it to make it more beautiful, longer and more interesting.

I’m sorry, but for some reason I’m sure that this person just lost interest in the project for a long time. Or does it when there is inspiration (once every couple of weeks). Although most of all I bet that he himself does not know what the game will already be.
Any game requires time and effort, but here ... How many times has he remade from scratch an episode with a forest and a river, both in the landscape and in the location of the enemies? 4 times? 5? After 10 years, if he finishes the game in this way, then this will already mean that he was in a hurry at light speed.

Last edited:

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
i have a problem... for type number 1 or numpad 1 for sex action, nothing happens....
Charm an enemy by spamming the E button. Press the 1 key which should play a short animation followed by a jingle sound, any charmed enemies should approach and play an animation.

Anita Deek

Feb 14, 2018
The readme.txt in the game folder has the changelogs inside!
Update 06/06/2020
Fixed an error that was causing the Incubus realm to not spawn correctly, making the player fall into the void.
Also added a visual FX that gives trajectories when you are throwing objects.

Update 06/02/2020
The level has been broken up into sections that dynamically load as needed. This should ease memory use, but I've noticed small hitches
when a new area loads in, and I'll have to work to reduce that.

I also added a title screen and some music. The current music is pulled from a collection of western music, but hopefully I can
get something commissioned in the future.

Meridiana's knife attack does more damage, and ends much faster. Her gun likewise does more damage now. This is stuff that will
continue to be tweaked.

The bird goblins now have a crossbow, and monster AI has been minorly tweaked. I plan to do some major tweaks, but for now they
attack and patrol and that's fine.

Added a changed time stop spell, a spell to fling world props at enemies, as well as set the wand to freeze enemies(for now).
Clicking the middle mouse button or right control stick on the controller will toggle Meridiana's second sight, which allows you
to see enemies and interactable objects in the world.

The keyboard or controller button layout can be viewd in the options menu.

There is currently a bug that pops up if you tap or hold right click while casting a spell, to get out of this, just do a dash/dodge.

If any of the puzzle traps don't unlock in the undeground section, you can use push to get the box on the trigger correctly.
I do plan do change it after this build so that it doesn't rely on physics.

sunkenfleet

Mar 21, 2019
Invisible walls where there shouldn't be none. I found when I was in the building and tried to solve some of the pressure plate puzzles. I found getting to the pressure plate was nearly impossible. I kept getting greeted with an invisible wall. I really had to get creative to get a box or barrel onto the pressure plate to open up the door. I found there was a crack in this wall that I could get into to but it was difficult even when I was crouch down to get to the plate on the other side because I was being dumbstruck by invisible walls.
How the hell did you get passed the pressure plate puzzle in the throne room? As far as I can tell it's surrounded by invisible walls 360 degrees

justGab

Aug 5, 2017
can someone make a guide for the puzzles?
It's not that hard. As for third last puzzle you need to warp on the shelve (where there a pile of metal cases), grab a case and drop it on the stone plate under it and warp out again. The second one you need to use a bomb spell. For the last one use meteor.

xStE

May 11, 2018
Charm an enemy by spamming the E button. Press the 1 key which should play a short animation followed by a jingle sound, any charmed enemies should approach and play an animation.
it doesn't work
I spam the E button
there is a jingle sound, the ennemy is charmed
and any effet with the 1 key (keybord or numpad)
the enemy just follows me

any idea ?

PakiNaniMan

Apr 23, 2018
Yeah, nothing here is new. The executables have been named SorceressTale.exe for a long time.

Speaking of executables here's June build (on mega) wupFibSC#g3ARdzNvcOoVjHc5wn44z6j_kbXkrO-ZtYfk5MOJd4c

NB i'll be removing the link in ~24h
I didn't download this file. I want someone to upload it.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
I didn't download this file. I want someone to upload it.
What do you mean? It's already uploaded and linked in the OP.

and any effet with the 1 key (keybord or numpad)
the enemy just follows me

any idea ?
Could be related to the keyboard layout you're using. Have you tried setting the keyboard layout in your OS to US Qwerty?

Combat is fair enough, but as far as I've seen there's not really any fluid to show creampies. The enemies kinda just do some short thrusts and it's implied they came.
I don't know if this has always been the case, but I just tried the new build and even the basic goblin animation shows cum dripping out of the vagina after the climax.

Last edited:
Reactions: xStE
3.00 star(s) 23 Votes