Unreal Engine Sorceress Tale [v05.30.2024] [Mithos56]

3.00 star(s) 23 Votes
May 25, 2017
We got another update form him on Patreon and it looks like we may be seeing a new demo soon!
Reading their post, they don't say anything like that anywhere in the post. As a matter of fact, they say "The level isn't near done, but I made some major progress on it." implying it's still going to take a good amount of time before anything is ready.

TheNextOne

Apr 21, 2020
I just got an alert that my post in this thread got deleted for being "off topic". Now, I can't check my deleted posts anywhere, it seems (to confirm myself how off topic it was indeed. I don't remember every single post of mine word for word, unfortunately). But I was mostly posting about the dev making little progress (towards a game being, well, a game) and milking patreons. Is someone reporting posts as off topic?

Hawkie

Sep 17, 2017
I just got an alert that my post in this thread got deleted for being "off topic". Now, I can't check my deleted posts anywhere, it seems (to confirm myself how off topic it was indeed. I don't remember every single post of mine word for word, unfortunately). But I was mostly posting about the dev making little progress (towards a game being, well, a game) and milking patreons. Is someone reporting posts as off topic?
It was the conversation when u and me smacked heads.... they just tossed out a little over a page since after u replied like 5 more people commented throwing's the whole thread way off topic.

Reading their post, they don't say anything like that anywhere in the post. As a matter of fact, they say "The level isn't near done, but I made some major progress on it." implying it's still going to take a good amount of time before anything is ready.
I have been following this guy for years now, he always down plays how far he got even if his update says major progresses. I am not saying it will have any major things or more sex etc just that we should see a new demo from him with in another month or so. IF Not no big deal but its just a pattern with him i noticed.

TheNextOne

Apr 21, 2020
in my eyes it was not off topic warning people that they shouldnt have much hope on mithos56.
It is a discussion of the way the dev is handling the development of the game if nothing else. I mean, does Pure Onyx thread gets purged when people mentioned MatM?
Or does the forum support questionable patreon practices now...? I hope that is not the case.

Anyways, it seems to me that Mithos has stopped having significant updates a while ago. What was the latest one anyways? (obv everyone has their own idea of 'significant') For the sake of staying 'on topic' I welcome others to share what was a significant recent update for them.

homer55

Dec 24, 2017
Just waiting for more DP scenes or the animated scene with the minotaur.. 2 minotaurs standing DP would be nice HAHAHA

Honest Pirate

Apr 22, 2020
are there any lewd updates lately? does anyone check his patreon?
Come on man, give up. After all this years you still have hope this game will be finished ? He dont want go finish his project. With that many money he make with patreon i can understand it and still hate him.

Here you go:

This week I focused on making some small adjustments to the new magic stuff, and implementing it in the existing level.

Because its tutorial level, I don't really have to implement the magic until you need to start using it, so it wasn't as complex to set up.
None the less I did have to go back and make a few small changes to the environment, and some spells.
I also made some adjustments to how the magic looks, based on feedback. While you are drawing the magic towards you, the magic has a large icon. Once you stop, the icon will fade and be replaced with a small particle system that flickers in and out. There is also a soft twinkling sound that you might hear as well.

Of course pulling up the casting circle will always show you how much magic is around you.

How magic looks while being summoned/drawn to you.

Icons for ambient magic in the area.
I think this will end up being far less distracting, while still making sure you have all the information you need.
My plan was to release a build to get some feed back on this stuff last week, but I wanted to take a little more time to make sure its well explained and implemented.
So I will release that build before the end of the month.

Look for that soon, and have a safe, wonderful week!

Not a lot of magic in an underground dungeon. Meridiana will have to make due!

MarshmallowCasserole

Jun 7, 2018
Starting with the most important part:

tl;dr - New build to test magic pls give feedback!

Not really different from the last, there are new animated props here and there, mostly the new succubus character being boned. And you can explode monsters into bloody pulp with your wand. Gory. EDIT: Oh, and heads up, he fucked up a bit. The first time the game tells you to use the bomb (to destroy the web blocking the button), it doesn't work. USE THE WAND.

Now, my two cents. I'm kinda harsh on many devs for being "lazy". Here's my hot take on mithos: 3D games are NOT a 1-man project. He does have progress. He is also VERY transparent about what gets done. I suspect this is a major factor in his support. People feel good reading regular weekly reports. "This week I did X" is something I think every dev should be forced to do. But he's doomed to be slooooooow.

Because the problem is, this is not a renpy VN where you can slap some ugly 3DCGs on top of long-ass text with a few choices. This is meant to be a game. Mechanics have to be invented. Levels have to be designed, 3D models have to be sculpted and animated, and so on. And the biggest problem by far is that he invents a lot of mechanics he later discards because they are not very good if we're honest, so time is wasted. The new build is a testament to that, charming enemies re-done, magic re-done (again).

Last edited:
May 25, 2017
Starting with the most important part:

Not really different from the last, there are new animated props here and there, mostly the new succubus character being boned. And you can explode monsters into bloody pulp with your wand. Gory. EDIT: Oh, and heads up, he fucked up a bit. The first time the game tells you to use the bomb (to destroy the web blocking the button), it doesn't work. USE THE WAND.

Now, my two cents. I'm kinda harsh on many devs for being "lazy". Here's my hot take on mithos: 3D games are NOT a 1-man project. He does have progress. He is also VERY transparent about what gets done. I suspect this is a major factor in his support. People feel good reading regular weekly reports. "This week I did X" is something I think every dev should be forced to do. But he's doomed to be slooooooow.

Because the problem is, this is not a renpy VN where you can slap some ugly 3DCGs on top of long-ass text with a few choices. This is meant to be a game. Mechanics have to be invented. Levels have to be designed, 3D models have to be sculpted and animated, and so on. And the biggest problem by far is that he invents a lot of mechanics he later discards because they are not very good if we're honest, so time is wasted. The new build is a testament to that, charming enemies re-done, magic re-done (again).
And pages upon pages upon pages upon pages upon pages upon pages upon pages upon pages upon pages upon pages of code have to be written

And if one thing breaks in that code, he has to go through ALL of it to figure out what broke

NeverDeck

Apr 25, 2017
And pages upon pages upon pages upon pages upon pages upon pages upon pages upon pages upon pages upon pages of code have to be written

And if one thing breaks in that code, he has to go through ALL of it to figure out what broke
Eh. Debuggers and breakpoints exist for a reason. And as a dev, you always have a rough idea of where the problem might be.

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
So he rebuilt the entire map, another time, instead of building on the existing tutorial map. Or reusing previous maps.

Most code in UE4 is fairly modular. Particularly if it is Visual Scripting. Generally if you modified x scripts, its clear where the issue is.

bloodmane

Dec 6, 2017
Technically there are new sex scenes in the latest build, just not with the main character. A few with the incubus character put around the end of the level.
i seeee. but dont get me wrong im not impatiently waiting. like i know one person will take time to produce progress but im waiting more scenes for the mc hahaha.

3.00 star(s) 23 Votes