Unreal Engine Sorceress Tale [v05.30.2024] [Mithos56]

3.00 star(s) 23 Votes

perheiro

Apr 25, 2017
The first tutorial stage seems broken now. The bomb doesn't seem to remove the spiderwebs/rocks at the first dungeon.
Oh, and heads up, he fucked up a bit. The first time the game tells you to use the bomb (to destroy the web blocking the button), it doesn't work. USE THE WAND.

stonegate8

Apr 20, 2020
I used to be a Patreon supporter for this project but month after month rolled by, and each updates came less frequently and with less of... everything. I have like 8 different versions of this game and each one is wildly different - some are galleries, some are linear mechanics tests. Scrapped idea after rework after text post update and I could not justify supporting the project any further. The developer seems like a really nice person but they seem to be floundering on this project.

Aug 21, 2016
I used to be a Patreon supporter for this project but month after month rolled by, and each updates came less frequently and with less of... everything. I have like 8 different versions of this game and each one is wildly different - some are galleries, some are linear mechanics tests. Scrapped idea after rework after text post update and I could not justify supporting the project any further. The developer seems like a really nice person but they seem to be floundering on this project.

It's probably just WAY too big a project for one person. You need like at least 6 people to make something like this happen. Maybe he should set a patreon goal for like: "If I get this much, I can hire 3 people and get this project moving. If I can't I'm killing it."

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
he just keeps remaking the levels as though that's what we're here to be focusing on.
What? The entire level is exactly the same in this version as it was in the version before that and I believe also before that. There's very minimal changes in the level itself. It's the mechanics that keep being reworked with just some very minor changes in the level.

It's probably just WAY too big a project for one person. You need like at least 6 people to make something like this happen. Maybe he should set a patreon goal for like: "If I get this much, I can hire 3 people and get this project moving. If I can't I'm killing it."
The thing is that I don't think he necessarily has finishing the game as his primary goal. It seems to be more of a learning tool for him. And to be fair, he's been rather transparent about that in the past. Much better than some other Patreon projects that are borderline scams, at least.

MarshmallowCasserole

Jun 7, 2018
Sadly, adding manpower to a late software project only makes it later.

Honest Pirate

Apr 22, 2020
why nobody from you all is giving him feedback on patreon? You dont have to pay him if i am not wrong to let a comment under his post. Feel free to complain about his lazy ass and that he change the magic spell system all 6 months but dont get his shit done.
EDIT: Now you have to pay him to comment his posts. Last Time i watched him i was able to comment him without paying . Very sad.

Last edited:

solatribe

Oct 17, 2017
I can't use 1,2,3 key for change abilities, so I'm stuck when I must use wand to destroy web spiders. (If I use meteor I'm stuck in next room).
The 1 and 2 do nothing, and when I use 3 I have this :
img1.jpg

I use a french AZERTY keyboard.

Any idea ?

Stuffie

Fluffy ears!
Donor
Nov 9, 2018
I was a supporter soon after he set his Patreon up, as well. Like you say, he was always transparent in what was going on, and mentioned that new fixes or demos might take more time. I stuck around for I think a bit more than a year, but progress slowed down so much that I eventually decided to stop funding his Patreon.

I do agree with you about him not being a bad person or a moneygrab. I think the dev really cares about the game, and as someone else mentioned he is gradually learning about game creation with this. But the way he consistently makes smaller or bigger changes to the game repeatedly increases the time and effort he has to put into it, without actual progressing the game towards a more finished version.

Pledging to his Patreon is rather helping him out getting something good together eventually, instead of following an actual development roadmap of a clear vision of the game in mind. I believe this game will take a lot of time, and who knows what kind of finished game this will be after he replaced bits and pieces on the go towards version 1.0.

Still, I'm kind of rooting for him. :)

Perelik

May 12, 2019
First time I'm seeing this game, was really interesting, but is it really from 2016? And the whole game ends in the "village" ?

TheNextOne

Apr 21, 2020
First time I'm seeing this game, was really interesting, but is it really from 2016? And the whole game ends in the "village" ?
basically don't hold your breath for any significant progress on this game. the dev is just faffing about with whatever he pleases

Reactions: Varalaker

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
I can't use 1,2,3 key for change abilities, so I'm stuck when I must use wand to destroy web spiders. (If I use meteor I'm stuck in next room).
The 1 and 2 do nothing, and when I use 3 I have this :
View attachment 1181684

I use a french AZERTY keyboard.

Any idea ?
Try changing the keyboard layout to Qwerty instead before starting the game. Or press tilde to get rid of that debug menu.

But the way he consistently makes smaller or bigger changes to the game repeatedly increases the time and effort he has to put into it, without actual progressing the game towards a more finished version.
I think that's the issue of it all. The reason we're not getting progress to a single goal. With that goal being a finished game. There simply isn't much of any project management to speak of. There doesn't seem to be a vision he's working towards, so there's no roadmap or plan to get to that end product. You're really paying the man to mess about with his experiments in a game engine he's learning.

Feb 9, 2018
I was a supporter soon after he set his Patreon up, as well. Like you say, he was always transparent in what was going on, and mentioned that new fixes or demos might take more time. I stuck around for I think a bit more than a year, but progress slowed down so much that I eventually decided to stop funding his Patreon.

I do agree with you about him not being a bad person or a moneygrab. I think the dev really cares about the game, and as someone else mentioned he is gradually learning about game creation with this. But the way he consistently makes smaller or bigger changes to the game repeatedly increases the time and effort he has to put into it, without actual progressing the game towards a more finished version.

Pledging to his Patreon is rather helping him out getting something good together eventually, instead of following an actual development roadmap of a clear vision of the game in mind. I believe this game will take a lot of time, and who knows what kind of finished game this will be after he replaced bits and pieces on the go towards version 1.0.

Still, I'm kind of rooting for him. :)
This is about the same trajectory I went through. His strength is in the animations, I wish he'd focus more on adding those, even if its just a small gallery sandbox. Ultimately, I hope he's successful, but it's going to be a while.

3.00 star(s) 23 Votes