Who do you like best in the prologue?

• Rafflesia Yudi

Votes: 30 30.3%
  • Astra Yanwang

Votes: 69 69.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 17, 2021
I'm not surprised and that is probably a good idea.
All jokes aside; the language is convoluted, and the dialects change by region. With the amount of countries that do use English, that adds up to a massive amount of variances very quickly.
Even here in the US where I was born and raised, the differences between the North-Eastern & Southern dialects are massive. There are times they are almost like they are different languages. Start adding versions used in other countries and it is mind-numbing.
Coke/Pepsi, soda/pop. Let the tournament begin!

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Yeah; English is weird to begin with, and American's made it even worse than it had to be.

One word can easily summarize the difference in the various English language's:

Football :D
Right, blame the Americans. Because the Great Vowel shift didn't happen in England. Because dialect differences like /ask/ vs. /aks/ didn't start in jolly old England. Americans are definitely the ones who add a random f sound in lieutenant. Sure, we made it "worse". LMAO.

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
Right, blame the Americans. Because the Great Vowel shift didn't happen in England. Because dialect differences like /ask/ vs. /aks/ didn't start in jolly old England. Americans are definitely the ones who add a random f sound in lieutenant. Sure, we made it "worse". LMAO.
We're the newcomers, we just eliminated some redundant vowels is all. As for adding random sounds; would could right a PhD level paper examining the differences between spelling & pronunciation differences in the US alone. No need to bring anyone else in :)

You don't really understand how screwed up US English is until you are a New Yorker that went to New Orleans with your friend that was raised in Boston, and had to listen to him argue about baseball with a Cajun while drinking.

Don't get me wrong; you still won't understand a word that was said, but you will understand just how messed up the English in this country is :D

Reactions: LustFight

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
We're the newcomers, we just eliminated some redundant vowels is all. As for adding random sounds; would could right a PhD level paper examining the differences between spelling & pronunciation differences in the US alone. No need to bring anyone else in :)

You don't really understand how screwed up US English is until you are a New Yorker that went to New Orleans with your friend that was raised in Boston, and had to listen to him argue about baseball with a Cajun while drinking.

Don't get me wrong; you still won't understand a word that was said, but you will understand just how messed up the English in this country is :D
And they dare to tell who ain't native english speake to learn english use spell chek and everyting else in between. Damn my english is broke like american is. I need to learn it even if I understand perfectly but srougle to finde out lot of sinonymus of each words. Ok I messed up really bad in english.

Mar 17, 2021
And they dare to tell who ain't native english speake to learn english use spell chek and everyting else in between. Damn my english is broke like american is. I need to learn it even if I understand perfectly but srougle to finde out lot of sinonymus of each words. Ok I messed up really bad in english.
You don't need to learn it much better. Do what I would do: find someone much better with English than you, and use them. Just like you don't build your own house (unless you're a builder, but even then), you don't need to worry about your own English to get what you need done.

Reactions: LustFight

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018

Oh, I understand perfectly well how screwed up U.S. English is. I have visited and lived in several different parts of the United States. My point wasn't that American English wasn't screwed up, just that British English is just as screwed up. But this is off-topic for the thread, so I'll leave it there. :)
no no. Just new prologue

Maybe you remember that by the walkthrough MC remembered flashbacks of his death, these moments are also changed to a new death episode from the prologue.
I have to say, I very much like the new Prologue.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I've done a lot of editing before post this message, so hopefully what I have here makes sense.

One final point of curiosity for me is that, for all characters actually from earth (so not RY, Astra, or Xihe), only Anselm and Winter keep their names throughout. Cheryl becomes Fana, Seo-Yun becomes Gardenia Leishen, Diana becomes Sora, etc.

LustFight

Sorrow / Joy
Game Developer
Mar 2, 2020
Oh, I understand perfectly well how screwed up U.S. English is. I have visited and lived in several different parts of the United States. My point wasn't that American English wasn't screwed up, just that British English is just as screwed up. But this is off-topic for the thread, so I'll leave it there. :)

I have to say, I very much like the new Prologue.
I've done a lot of editing before post this message, so hopefully what I have here makes sense.

One final point of curiosity for me is that, for all characters actually from earth (so not RY, Astra, or Xihe), only Anselm and Winter keep their names throughout. Cheryl becomes Fana, Seo-Yun becomes Gardenia Leishen, Diana becomes Sora, etc.
Damn nice to read so much text about my game, thanks for that. xD

Yeah, I have some plans to implement Fana's backstory, but they should be in the final Fana storyline, all the plot and events are already written out.

Also for Lisa, there will be a lot of her backstory too, but similarly in the final Lonly storyline. And now I'll be doing the finale of the Spirit of Desctruction line, then Shyori.

LustFight

Sorrow / Joy
Game Developer
Mar 2, 2020
Hello friends, I have important news for you. Unfortunately I will have to suspend development of Sorrow indefinitely. I love this game as much as some of you, but at the moment it has so many defects and it's totally unpopular, it was my first game, I started it without any experience and knowledge about what a good game should look like, because I don't like many adult games. I want to apologize to those who expected more from Sorrow. I will post an update with the new English language soon

Now I'm creating a new project called "Joy" which will be a very cool game with the most popular characters from Sorrow, such as Gardenia Leishen and Rose Fengshen. You must have noticed that there are new channels added to Discord, they are dedicated to the new project.

I'm going to put all my experience from more than 10 months of Sorrow development into this game, I also look forward to seeing you continue to be here! Thanks for understanding <3

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Hello friends, I have important news for you. Unfortunately I will have to suspend development of Sorrow indefinitely. I love this game as much as some of you, but at the moment it has so many defects and it's totally unpopular, it was my first game, I started it without any experience and knowledge about what a good game should look like, because I don't like many adult games. I want to apologize to those who expected more from Sorrow. I will post an update with the new English language soon

Now I'm creating a new project called "Joy" which will be a very cool game with the most popular characters from Sorrow, such as Gardenia Leishen and Rose Fengshen. You must have noticed that there are new channels added to Discord, they are dedicated to the new project.

I'm going to put all my experience from more than 10 months of Sorrow development into this game, I also look forward to seeing you continue to be here! Thanks for understanding <3

Sad news, although hopefully some day you can come back to this. If you do plan to return to Sorrow, can you label this game thread as On Hold? If not, it should probably get the Abandoned label instead.

2.90 star(s) 14 Votes