Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
You know what to do but the grind is a little ridiculous. Repeat same events 10 times until you get enough points to advance to next event and you can only gain points once a day.

Pretty lazy and boring design. I wanted to like the game but when it feels like a chore to play I quit playing.
Cheers, from what I'm reading it looks like the sandbox just gets in the way of the story.

fixrapid

Mar 1, 2020
SonsOLiberty I encountered a small bug:
Code:
File "Sovereign-2.0-pc-compressed/renpy/ui.py", line 946, in choice
    raise Exception("Imagebutton does not have a %s image. (auto=%r)." % (name, auto))
Exception: Imagebutton does not have a idle image. (auto='character/emily/portrait/emily friendly_corrupt1 naked wet %s.png').
looks like emily friendly_corrupt1 naked wet hover.png and emily friendly_corrupt1 naked wet idle.png files are missing.

Reactions: dayumson922
Jun 15, 2023
SonsOLiberty I encountered a small bug:
Code:
File "Sovereign-2.0-pc-compressed/renpy/ui.py", line 946, in choice
    raise Exception("Imagebutton does not have a %s image. (auto=%r)." % (name, auto))
Exception: Imagebutton does not have a idle image. (auto='character/emily/portrait/emily friendly_corrupt1 naked wet %s.png').
looks like emily friendly_corrupt1 naked wet hover.png and emily friendly_corrupt1 naked wet idle.png files are missing.
Thank you for reporting the bug. I will get to it.

Reactions: fixrapid

Kurōzu

Nov 20, 2017
I like the concept of the game so far and I guess it's not bad as a first attempt!
If you care about some suggestions I'd try and balance out the grind, maybe try implementing something that diversifies it more. Also the models are good, but all look very similar, I would try to introduce a more broad "cast" of characters!

In general, try listening to constructive criticism and I'm sure you will develop a good game.
Best of luck!

Reactions: Forgotted

sirseatbelt

Jul 9, 2019
Well, the grind is atrocious. For EVERY girl to grind 2 stats 10 times on every level is just plain stupid nonsense. It just covers the lack of content by stretching the existing for no real reason. And then there are the stats of the MC, that you also need to keep an eye on. Yes you can speed it up by using ingame items, editing the save file or by using the URM mod, but the latter throws out errors after a short while. It's definitely a problem with specially this game. The girls look nice, but the problems make it not worth for now. It needs a TON of work and adjustments. And yeah, I know, it's early in development, but problems need to be pointed out and adressed now, so that they can solved early. At a later point it might make things difficult for the developer.
Its like lewd game developers have never played a video game before. We're gamers. We like increasing stats. I love seeing numbers go up. But I want to see numbers go up as a result of me doing rewarding things and interacting with the story. Love Interest's corruption stat goes up because of a scene where I made the right choice? Yes please. Good gameplay. 8 clicks on arbitrary world objects to increase stat by some number until I hit an arbitrary value, usually in increments of 10, so I can unlock the next scene? extremely bad gameplay.

Reactions: prezes777

SlothOnMeth

Apr 15, 2021
UI has seen major improvement. Very nice. But still more is possible. Among other things the room shortcuts in the bottom bar should never switch places, it's disorienting. Also there should be a direct link to home from work. Actual map would be even better.

I don't think the number values have to be made different to make grind faster. I think at this point the different levels of control/corruption can be made more fleshed out and varied instead, to give more reward for current amount of grind.

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
I found one pattern. families in which one of the children (namely the son) manages to turn his family into his own personal incest harem, have one thing in common - the parents did not raise their children to live together. they were essentially not families but a conglomeration of individualists who looked at those who lived together with him in the same "family" as an outsider. and it is said that a family divided within itself will not survive. as demonstrated by many examples.
I am watching a typical case right now - brother walked into sister's room and sister almost fist-bumped him. do you think this is the behavior of friendly siblings? I do not think so - it is not even a family, it is a hostel where people who know each other but are strangers gather together.

Jun 15, 2023
UI has seen major improvement. Very nice. But still more is possible. Among other things the room shortcuts in the bottom bar should never switch places, it's disorienting. Also there should be a direct link to home from work. Actual map would be even better.

I don't think the number values have to be made different to make grind faster. I think at this point the different levels of control/corruption can be made more fleshed out and varied instead, to give more reward for current amount of grind.
Yes, my ideal navigation would be to have a map system of sort. But that require a map assets of sort which is not my focus at the moment. One we have the gameplay loop iron out and more contents then we can focus on Fully flesh out navigations system. And yes, the corruption and control system is still work in progress. There're still many things need to be implement.

ayoitsk

Nov 18, 2021
A 10 day grind per character for a PG scene followed by another 10 day grind for another PG scene.

No thanks.

Ribaso

Oct 22, 2020
The grind can actually be way more than 10 in-game days if one skipped something or didn't know exactly what they're doing; however, it could be cut down to five days only with a small tweak.

Altair1243

Aug 17, 2019
At the moment I just used the default png generated from Daz Studio on 4k resolution. Yeah it's quite big, around 10mb per image. It's my first time dealing with game development so there still a lot I will have to learn. Optimization defenitely will be one of the thing I need to focus on sooner or later.
TBF, you probably want to get a handle on that sooner rather than later. Wait too long and I imagine it could easily be a massive headache. You probably already realized that, but just throwing some advice out there just in case

Joel Wolf

DILLIGAF
Donor
Nov 21, 2017
Game has potential. Great graphics, story line is good. You grind for 10 days to get your "Landlady" and "room mates" to wear make up. WTF? That should be like after 3 days. Hell, you can do it without the "Sovereign" in you. MC:"Hey 'rommie' you look better if you wore make up." Room mate "Really? I think so too." Puts makeup on. It was even available, you didn't have to get them anything. You GRIND, tell them to wear make up and poof, there it is. UGGG!! but again, Game has potential.

2.90 star(s) 40 Votes