yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Note about arcade and bots - it seems to me that intended idea was to give you additional source of income etc but you cant do anything with bot until your repair it and as i understand you need a lot of repair skill in your character to do that, and its kinda strange that you have to grind that stat a lot before you actually can do somthing with bots since for me they already trained and all but i cant use them cause i stuck at 70% repair value
You can use them/sellem/arcade em at 20, 30, 50 70 or whatever repair percentage. It only impacts their value a bit.

A good bot is worth millions also at 50%.
Furthermore after a handful of repairs(literally a few game days) your skill is up to max already.

If you're clever, you could also invest in arcade solutions, send em un repaired to the arcade and they are upped to 100% every day...

Reactions: Sh4dyW0lf

monsternn

Nov 3, 2017
You can use them/sellem/arcade em at 20, 30, 50 70 or whatever repair percentage.

A good bot is valuable also at 50%.
Furthermore after a handful of repairs(literally a few game days) your skill is up to max already.

If you're clever, you invest in arcade solutions, send em un repaired to the arcade and they are upped to 100% every day...
the problem is - i dont have buttons to do something with bots, i looked into walkthrough and i have none of 3 buttons which described in section 3

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
the problem is - i dont have buttons to do something with bots, i looked into walkthrough and i have none of 3 buttons which described in section 3
Now that is weird.
- In the configurator you have a button "Lab manager" that offers all this.
- The same feature is available at the lab terminal (next to the force field), tab arcade manager, bot manager
Thinking of it, i might have to replace the outdated image in the walkthrough.
Unified all in the "lab manager" feature

Reactions: monsternn

monsternn

Nov 3, 2017
Now that is weird.
- In the configurator you have a button "Lab manager" that offers all this.
- The same feature is available at the lab terminal (next to the force field), tab arcade manager, bot manager
Thinking of it, i might have to replace the outdated image in the walkthrough.
Unified all in the "lab manager" feature
Oh, you are right, my bad, its just different UI, yeah, i looked there from the start but when i actually able to create a bot i just forgot that you can switch upper context there

Reactions: yv0751

synnest

Nov 11, 2019
When you don't start from beginning, you tech skill will not increase. Started from day 30 and 40 game days later tech skill is still 5. Noticed that already in previous version.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
When you don't start from beginning, you tech skill will not increase. Started from day 30 and 40 game days later tech skill is still 5. Noticed that already in previous version.
Thanks a lot. Thats a bug in the init routine that clamps the max achievable value.
Will update for 1.10

EDIT: Checked just now as I am packaging V1.10.6 Early Access:
Behaviour not confirmed.
  • Started at Day 20, repaired a bunch of Bots and my TEC skill went up to 6. This would continue until 10 with no problems.

If you have a save that behaves like described (no increase past 5 even though repairing) please pm to me and I can analyze.
CRQ closed for the time being.
1698077050515.png

Last edited:

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
By the way, I (think I) understand the limitation of save compatibility. but wouldn't it be possible to "manage" some (if not all) variables as a Pod object. Then they would be "brought" from one version to the other, while not requiring save compatibility per se.

That might be more work to parse each variable, but I fully understand remarks regarding loosing the benefits of the time spent on a specific version to restart to a (often less developed) new starting point.
For instance I like to gring a little to get ahead of the required thresholds (or getting points in parallel of a grind to reach a threshold"), mostly for the sake of enjoying the game. But loosing this bonus points with the next release is getting more and more sadening...
Thanks for the suggestion.
Technically some expanded data transfer is possible and not too difficult.

What would be the exact purpose?
All character progress is maxed in the last start point

If you have a specific stat you would like to have considered I better put that in the resume point init routine.

Which stats or items were you thinking of?

synnest

Nov 11, 2019
Thanks a lot. Thats a bug in the init routine that clamps the max achievable value.
Will update for 1.10

EDIT: Checked just now as I am packaging V1.10.6 Early Access:
Behaviour not confirmed.
  • Started at Day 20, repaired a bunch of Bots and my TEC skill went up to 6. This would continue until 10 with no problems.

If you have a save that behaves like described (no increase past 5 even though repairing) please pm to me and I can analyze.
CRQ closed for the time being.
View attachment 3027970
My bad, was sure that repairing the ship should also increase the skill.

Reactions: yv0751

gjp

Sep 13, 2020
Love the updated game, managed to pickup the multiverse pod in the new version, however, is there a way of transfering credits?

The new possibility of a private base on Tenaris is great, which I have achieved with Warehouse and Hangar, but how do I setup the Autobuy option?

Also after building the hangar I can't build any other of the options (am guessing that's available in future versions).

As a suggestion it would also be good if it where possible to land on Iltari Prime for recration, buying etc.

Is it possible to transfer the player achievements from one version to another?

Anyway excellent so far :)

OxKing

Jun 30, 2019
Tring to get T'Ris Disciplined is exhausting, random event that happens maybe once a week and needs to be done dozens of times? forget it.

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
Quicky falling out of love with this game cause of the multiverse pod, not because of the pod itself, but the reason behind it. Even the head starts don't give you what you lose in terms of money and bots and then you got to build your shit back up, redo all those quests. it's just time consuming and to be totally honest, boring, doing the same shit over and over again with every new update.

Reactions: Wanquer

Saucelot

May 18, 2020
When you call V for Infraction Report and don't get T'Ris, you can scroll back till you do.
Notable tip: since this game is in a visual novel engine, you can basically retry any random roll by hitting back to before the roll happened and then going forward again. Applies to random loot, random encounters, bot personalities, store inventories etc.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Love the updated game, managed to pickup the multiverse pod in the new version, however, is there a way of transfering credits?
Yes, store Electrum at 1.5million each is the main recommended way

Nirdaeel

Apr 30, 2017
Yes, store Electrum at 1.5million each is the main recommended way
oh no.. a bit easier is to farm collapsar torpedoes on those anomalies vee can detect, are also useful, i could take out three krell ships with one shot, as they set on y formation with a drone which i target to.. (yes voron launcher, no mods)

Zellgoddess

May 11, 2017
Anyone not wanting to grind tech skill up, GAME.mc.setAttr("TEC",##) is console command for it, obviously ## is for the number you want.

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
Any suggestions for the spanking minigame? I unlocked plug for Nimhe and am trying to do the five-step combo (crop, plug, heart, crop, heart) but I can't do the plug step until I'm at stage two. I've tried doing the three-step (heart, hand, heart) first but I'm a little short even after a crop so I need to add an extra touch in there and then I'm already down to five action points so I have to go straight to the five step and then the two crops cap me out on stress.

4.30 star(s) 40 Votes