4.30 star(s) 40 Votes

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a quick note.

I'm currently playtesting the latest version of my silly Sexbot related personal mod. I still need to test a few things, and create the routines I had in mind for the other cubes (traits and personality), but it's coming along.

I also managed to finally figure out how to get the Bot Configurator/Part Storage sort buttons working!

Sexbot_partssorting.jpg

The 'Toggle All' buttons switch all buttons in that row on or off, and of course you can flip on/off the other buttons individually. Your 'choices' will remain in place if you you leave and then come back to the parts storage screen. Note that this is the screen you see when picking individual parts/addons for your bot, NOT the one that you see when accessing the Lab Manager screen.

I'll probably share the latest version of my personal mod in the next couple of days...

Reactions: MarsUltor and Gamle

Redburn

Oct 27, 2017
Had a glitch in V1.0 that caused T'ris submission to go from 3 to 0 anyone know of a console command so i can rest it back to where it should be, cause I hate to lose all my progress so far

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Had a glitch in V1.0 that caused T'ris submission to go from 3 to 0 anyone know of a console command so i can rest it back to where it should be, cause I hate to lose all my progress so far
tris.setAttr("SLU",3)

That glitch is odd, shouldn't happen, will make a note of it.
And remember, do not use URM as that mod screws occasionally with the variables values

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
One other small series of upgrades I'd like to request is improvements to the Autotrainer.

Couple thoughts in mind for why this:
1) I often hit a point where I can't get enough energy pods fast enough (even with Renpy backscroll shenanigans) to keep up with the manual training needs for the number of bots I am assembling, so I end up falling back on the Autotrainer but then I end up with full slots of bots Autotraining for days. It'd be nice to find a way to upgrade the Autotrainer to improve the speed at which it trains the bots.

2) I like the idea of sticking more of the crew in the Autotrainers to train or corrupt them in various ways, and having it be a progressive thing for them. We already have T'Ris at one point, and Nimhe in there, but adding variations to deepen the training / reprogramming of their stimulus/responses to the training. I figure the training device itself is a fixed model that would be a pain to play with or alter, so was thinking more of things that could be adjusted on the girls body model - blindfolds to deprive that sense, or a visor/vr eye covering to project images in, ear coverings in the same way to remove a sense from play or to broadcast a message to them, electrodes taped on to directly cause physical stimuli, etc.

Also, maybe this is a potential Base upgrade, a room addition of a full-on training stable. Like a room with a number of Autotrainers where we could visit and see a row of our bots busy training and maybe other, alternative, training devices in place. Maybe a full-on scaled up bot lab that has features that would have been too big to be ship mounted but allows the MC and Nimhe to research or play with other new ideas to expand the bot portion of the gameplay.
Question to 1.)
Why don't you use Promethium, which makes training bots a matter of a few second?

Upgrading Autotrainer speed is a very good idea btw. Think I bring that into V1.2

Thanks for the other suggestions too, I am considering overhaul of the bot training system and they give good ideas!

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Just a quick note.

I'm currently playtesting the latest version of my silly Sexbot related personal mod. I still need to test a few things, and create the routines I had in mind for the other cubes (traits and personality), but it's coming along.

I also managed to finally figure out how to get the Bot Configurator/Part Storage sort buttons working!

View attachment 3034142

The 'Toggle All' buttons switch all buttons in that row on or off, and of course you can flip on/off the other buttons individually. Your 'choices' will remain in place if you you leave and then come back to the parts storage screen. Note that this is the screen you see when picking individual parts/addons for your bot, NOT the one that you see when accessing the Lab Manager screen.

I'll probably share the latest version of my personal mod in the next couple of days...
That looks like a good QoL setup, I think I may borrow that layout for 1.20 :)
Will also introduce some part class functions that make it a bit easier to filter

Reactions: MarsUltor

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Among the absolute best 3d models in any game, at least style wise.

Animations could be longer than a few frames. Having several poses during events would also make the payoff feel more substantial, once you get to escape the heavy grind for a bit.
A healthy bucket of random antics would also be cool, making the ship feel more alive.

There is really very little dialogue. More dialogue could flesh out the personalities of the shipmates.

It would be nice to be able to change the skin of the personal bot - why can I ship better looking bots to sex arcades, but have to look a mommy-bot in my room? It would also be nice being able to buy or discover extra programs for it more easily.

Otherwise a fun game. I like the space battles and exploration aspects, despite the grind.

Definitely expecting the princess to get thoroughly trained ;)
Thanks for the immersion suggestions. Felt that most people wouldn't read dialogues anyway but considering the low effort to add them I'll probably expand them a bit from hereon. Will also add a few more interactive things like the poster / poster dialogues, medbay visits running into cutscenes etc.

Istarted with V1.10 to add alternate finishes to the sex scenes for more variety too (one by one...)

Thanks for the suggestions.

PS: As to the character design: That was a necessity for me to escape the uncanny valley I get hit with in almost all other 3D games , so making em cartoony helps. :)

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
Question to 1.)
Why don't you use Promethium, which makes training bots a matter of a few second?
In game documentation of things, like using Promethium in the bot screen... isn't great.

There's a fair amount of 'click that and see what happens' to figure things out. (Or remembering stuff I read in the forum.)

The MV pod is another example. When you finish Ylee's mission, the message just ends with something along the lines of 'you'll know what to do with it when the time is right'.
Very easy for a player to just forget they've got that in their personal inventory.

Might not hurt to do a pass and add a bunch of 'hand holding' pop in tips for first time plays to be *sure* they know what the newly encounter thing does. (Along with an option for repeat players to shut off those tips.)

Dwarin

Jul 3, 2018
Question to 1.)
A) I forget that it is what is needed to use the Hypertrain option. Usually remembering a bit after I've already sold all of my cargo of it and travelled on to my next stop.

B) Getting it from mining is pretty random, and if I am going to cheese it with rollback tricks I am probably doing so to get Bot Crates for more/better part rolls instead. So the availability of the training resource kind of conflicts with the supply of the bits I need to make the bots to train.

Not sure what would make it more memorable. Maybe a text tag of "Promethium Reserve:" next to the Hypertrain button to connect the two ideas or make it's usage a bit more visible in the way that the Bio/Energy/Nano meters display their usage.

Or the button being greyed out, but not disappearing entirely then when there is no supply of Promethium to serve as a reminder that Hypertrain is an option with mouseover text stating that there is insufficient Promethium to use it.

That may be something also to review as there are six icons under Lab Resources and I can not for the life of me recall what the last two are. If they had floating text labels of what they were, like how bot names show up when moused over in the lower right corner, it would help me at least remember what they are and maybe remember that those resources are for the lab.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
That may be something also to review as there are six icons under Lab Resources and I can not for the life of me recall what the last two are. If they had floating text labels of what they were, like how bot names show up when moused over in the lower right corner, it would help me at least remember what they are and maybe remember that those resources are for the lab.
Thats a good idea. Added to the list for V1.20.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
How to complete the ponygirl on board quest , otherwise walk so many times, but the quest was not completed
I Nimhe walked around the ship in her pony costume, that is end of content in 1.00.
The quest just does not purge from the quest log (that is a bug)

Feb 5, 2018
Also since you have made a limit to the number of bots in the pod, I would like if there were atlest a way to put some extra high value stuff in there. like rare skins and maybe also precursor cortexes , they are pretty hard to come by as you know.

Well this post got long as it seems.. tldr, Thanks for providing a really good and somewhat unusual game.. :)
Collapsers are HIGH value. They fit in either pod. Extra bots can be stored in the warehouse. Precursor Bot Crates and other crates can be stored in the warehouse. Personal items, those in the box, cannot be stored in the normal multiverse pod or the warehouse one. You have a choice for using Ylvee's item. Using it on the warehouse terminal makes that inventory available once you enter the warehouse in your new game but it uses up the pod.

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
I know it's a bit of an ask since the game is basically finished, but it's not much of an ask to add... but can the dev add some alternate chat options for the crew (mostly for T'ris and Nimhe, since you have them the longest). Gotta say, getting real boring that T'ris has told me about getting auctioned off as a slave undercover for the 47th time. Bonus points for adding some gating to chat option, so there are lewd chat versions once a crew member's sluttiness and/or exhibitionism is high enough!

Edit: I guess this is technically already done, since T'ris at least has a chat option where she discusses her opinion of the racy uniform option (when she's wearing it), but please, ADD MORE! But yeah, after starting a game somewhate early to try the new stuff but still play most of a playthrough (Day 10), even by Day 40 the generic chat options become more than a little tedious. Still, the Princess probably needs fewer options, since you don't get her until waaaay into the game.

Last edited:

Redburn

Oct 27, 2017
tris.setAttr("SLU",3)

That glitch is odd, shouldn't happen, will make a note of it.
And remember, do not use URM as that mod screws occasionally with the variables values
i used the command and now it's throwing an error and that won't let me look at her page in the log and it's not acknowledging the change to her stats

Jul 21, 2020
Hi
Short review (I'd put it in Reviews, if I could).

THE PLUS
-> PnC, and not VN. Better sensation
-> I do like a lot the visuals and the animations are neat. The 3D-cartoonish approach is indeed a great idea
-> The story around the kinks is quite pleasant, as are the playground and its protagonists

WHAT COULD FEEL BETTER
-> Continuously loosing spaceship parts is discouraging ; especially at early stages
-> More body and face models. Especially along the crew
-> More kinks, and variety in those situations.

I'll follow up from time to time to see how it evolves.
Good luck with this project.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Sooo, still playing around with screens in my personal mod, and my crusade against scroll bars...

missionscreen_tweaks.jpg

Short form, if I can get everything to fit on the screen without a scrollbar, well that's a goal of mine.

Anyways, other than nudging a few things around on this screen so that all 7(max) transport missions plus the 3 smuggling missions and the 3 bounty missions are fully visible, you'll note the 'x' for sale entry next to fee. This essentially (if I did this right) tells you how much is available for purchase atm at whichever port/system you are currently at. The idea here is to reduce the need for back and forth between the Captain's quarters and the cargo bay when trying to pick missions...

Notably, this makes the 'sort' buttons at the top essentially unnecessary, at least until/if the available transport/smuggling/bounty missions are allowed to exceed 7/3/3 respectively...

Just something that I wanted to try!
:p

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
I know it's a bit of an ask since the game is basically finished, but it's not much of an ask to add... but can the dev add some alternate chat options for the crew (mostly for T'ris and Nimhe, since you have them the longest). Gotta say, getting real boring that T'ris has told me about getting auctioned off as a slave undercover for the 47th time. Bonus points for adding some gating to chat option, so there are lewd chat versions once a crew member's sluttiness and/or exhibitionism is high enough!

Edit: I guess this is technically already done, since T'ris at least has a chat option where she discusses her opinion of the racy uniform option (when she's wearing it), but please, ADD MORE! But yeah, after starting a game somewhate early to try the new stuff but still play most of a playthrough (Day 10), even by Day 40 the generic chat options become more than a little tedious. Still, the Princess probably needs fewer options, since you don't get her until waaaay into the game.
Kudos for chatting 47 times with T'Ris ;)
And there I was under the impression no one reads the dialogues :)

Jokes aside, the chat system is capable of much more than what I use it for
  • daily, onetime or always repeatable chats
  • conditional chats based on attributes or any other game condition
So it just typing work. I usually make a stub for the chat with some comments on the weather and then I forget to update it properly before release.

Made it a point now to update at least one chat properly prior to each release (did Seraphine in V1.10, will do T'Ris in V1.20 maybe Nimhe too)

4.30 star(s) 40 Votes