4.30 star(s) 40 Votes

Dwarin

Jul 3, 2018
Kudos for chatting 47 times with T'Ris ;)
And there I was under the impression no one reads the dialogues :)
Personally, I still check them pretty religiously when playing, just in case I've missed one in the past or if new ones got added with the update. Really, the small bits like that help liven up the game and distract a bit from any of the grind taking place.

Plus, the Type-J bots chat had interesting story hints in its chats from giving over the memory cubes so I was always kind of expecting to see more like that elsewhere.

Maybe do them in sequences or sets, with the chat content checking based upon the stats (sluttiness, exhibition, and submission) being tracked.

For example with with Nimhe you could have a series talking with her about past custom bot mods that were requested and she would be willing to:
a) as sluttiness grows, talk about some of the kinkier things that had been requested
b) as exhibition grows, may be willing to physically demonstrate more of what was requested for custom poses
c) as submission grows, may be willing to perform the kinkier requests with the MC

Similar threads could be past undercover missions T'Ris was on - though with her species not sure how sexual those would be - but for Khelara it could be past ships or crews she served on.

Not sure on Seraphina, maybe things she'd witnessed at parties or debaucheries held by nobles.

Basically I am all for more chats just building out more backstory for the characters pasts, a reason to talk to them repeatedly, and - of course - more sexy fun moments.

baturman

Aug 20, 2021
Sexy side is a definite step down from the Princess in The Castle, imho.

In PiC we had:
Kinky bi sub princess.
Kinky domme bi queen.
Secretly kinky chubby shy nerd witch.
Rogue which is not kinky, but is fun to corrupt and abuse.

In SJ we have:
Three frigid women: robot, not robot and mostly robot.
Fit engineer which is promising, but has very little content so far.
Flanderized one-tone spoiled princess.
Goth hacker that is into exhibitionism and pony play. Which is indeed pretty interesting.

Maybe it's all because game is unfinished (in spite of being version 1.0) and there will be more fun stuff later? Such as T'Ris actually starting to enjoying sex? Or girls starting to play with each other?

Reactions: jura7

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
The game crashes every time I try to open a menu to save or something else, here is the traceback
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
it is not save game compatible
it must be installed in a new folder
it doesnt run with certain mods like urm

make a new game and check if issue persists

Reyand

Dec 4, 2020
it is not save game compatible
it must be installed in a new folder
it doesnt run with certain mods like urm

make a new game and check if issue persists
It works fine on a new game, but it's my first time playing and downloading the game, and I don't use any mods

baturman

Aug 20, 2021
An idea how to tie the robopimping (more) with the rest of the game.
Have droid's looks and behavior modelled after your crew. Of cause, you will have to convince the prototype to allow it, and train the prototypes to high slu/sub/etc to increase to droid's value, and prototypes will require a cut from profits of droids made in their image. But prototypes also will give you favor points proportinally to the profit their imitations make.

oni_ddr

Jan 29, 2018
One bad thing about this games is the lack of emotional connection between the girls and the mc. None of them "likes" our protagonist, like for example, the classic little sis who is in love with her big bro. I noticed that this characteristic is also present on the other game (the princess and the tower). To the dev: will this be different? Thanks for another great game, though.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So, I'm not sure if anyone is actually interested in the next version of my personal mod for 1.0, but here's what I'm currently tinkering with...

botcortex_upgradebaseline.jpg

The 'Old bot baseline IQ' entry is temporary, just my way of verifying that some 'under the hood' code is working properly. I'll be commenting that out, but I should explain what that does...

So, I'm trying to 'wrap up' my ideas for cortex/cube upgrades. I still have two other cubes to 're-code' the upgrade the routines for (essentially, less random upgrades, in an 'upward' direction, is the plan). But as far as the actual cortex is concerned, here's what I have working atm:

1) IF a cortex is already Level 3:
a: if not upgraded to 'Precursor Cortex' already:​
- if an Elite AI core is available, upgrade to Precursor Cortex​
- otherwise, upgrade 'grade': Subpar to Basic, Basic to Advanced, Advanced to Military grade, Military grade stays Military grade but the 'IQ baseline' is increased by 5 (see below)​
b: if already 'Precursor Cortex:​
- upgrade 'grade': Subpar to Basic, Basic to Advanced, Advanced to Military grade, Military grade stays Military grade but the 'IQ baseline' is increased by 5 (see below)​
2) When re-rolling IQ for a cortex being upgraded:

- The bot's current 'baseline IQ', i.e. the IQ before buff modifiers, is used to determine the 'median' for the IQ roll, with a 5 point increase to the baseline median.
- The 'buff' modifiers for the upgraded cat and grade of the cortex part, as well as the 'Precursor' buff for Precursor AI cores, are applied to the new 'baseline'

What this means is that when upgrading the Bot Cortex, IQ should generally increase each time, depending on how the new 'baseline median' random roll works out. Bad rolls can still lower a bot's IQ, i.e. perhaps there are 'code conflicts' in play that prunes off some of a bot's knowledge. Likewise, if a bot's IQ increases, this reflects additional knowledge that is absorbed into the current cortex. Note that Bot IQ is still currently 'capped' at 300...

Whether having 'above genius IQ bots' running around in your Sexbot arcade is a good idea, well that's a discussion for future versions if yv0751 decides to implement 'rogue AI's taking over society from within' or whatever...

That's another of my silly ideas anyways. I'm now about to tackle the traits and personality cube upgrades, so hopefully I'll have a new version of my personal mod ready to share with everyone in the next day or so...
:cool:

Note that I've also modified a few other things already (mostly QOL related, see my previous posts), so my next personal mod release will have a few files to replace. Since this is becoming a 'bona fide' mod at this point, I'll set up the sub-folder structure for easier installation, i.e. subfolders in the mod's /game folder to replace the files in the relevant subfolders in the 'official' version of 1.00_b.

Last edited:

Gnosh

Jun 11, 2017
How to do these two achievements? I can't enter the library. I had previously agreed to Zelatos' proposal. When and what drink to bring Seraphine.

2023-10-27_16h25_35.png

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
Really enjoy playing this game. It's got a good mix of plot structure and sex. Renaming is fun, . . ., I'm renaming with characters from Star Trek, Star Wars and Babylon 5.

I do wish we had more droid skin selections though with a vaiety of skin colors, hair, etc along with a bigger tit size option, (military grade could be equipped with lactose lasers)

Dwarin

Jul 3, 2018
What are the "types" for bots now? How many there are total?
Like the Shell types?

I think it is just:
default - no add-on part, the default shell
Type-J - the ones Nimhe can build after the bit with BB-2
Infiltrator - from a quest and used by a later quest

And I've gotten these from Bot Container loot, already fully assembled bots, not sure if you can make these shell parts yourself or not or if this the complete list:
Type-V - a Voron shell (blue skinned, white hair)
Type-L - a Supermodel shell (red hair in a different haircut, blue eyes, smaller breasts)
Type-N - a "Ni'Larian Temptress" (green-skinned, dark hair)
Type-K - a Krell Palace Mistress (black hair, darker skin, more gold jewelry)
Type-C - a Krell Concubine shell (black hair, darker skin, less gold jewelry)

Reactions: abada25

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
$ GAME.ship.loadWare("ITMTorpedoSwarm")
This was discussed in a previous post:

Another way to do this, when doing the shift + o thing to open the console (cut and paste)

GAME.ship.cargo += [GAME.items["ITMTorpedoSwarm"]]*6

The *6 adds six torpedoes to your cargo bay, substitute any number you want for the quantity (to a point obviously).

If you need a list of Item codes, a quick way is to open up /game/200_init/205_init_items.rpy, item codes are the first entry in the various strings.

nefelfine 's post about some console codes you can try is here:

https://f95zone.to/threads/space-journey-x-v1-00b-y-v.146723/post-11467404

You can copy the code strings from the atached file, and then paste (ctrl+v) while in console mode, and then substitute the item codes you are after before hitting 'return', just remember to not select the first two spaces in front of the various item string codes when grabbing strings from the text file...

Reactions: XX-topic

abada25

Sep 30, 2019
This was discussed in a previous post:

Another way to do this, when doing the shift + o thing to open the console (cut and paste)

GAME.ship.cargo += [GAME.items["ITMTorpedoSwarm"]]*6

The *6 adds six torpedoes to your cargo bay, substitute any number you want for the quantity (to a point obviously).

If you need a list of Item codes, a quick way is to open up /game/200_init/205_init_items.rpy, item codes are the first entry in the various strings.

nefelfine 's post about some console codes you can try is here:

https://f95zone.to/threads/space-journey-x-v1-00b-y-v.146723/post-11467404

You can copy the code strings from the atached file, and then paste (ctrl+v) while in console mode, and then substitute the item codes you are after before hitting 'return', just remember to not select the first two spaces in front of the various item string codes when grabbing strings from the text file...
It works on Shells as well? Gen3\Militery

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
It works on Shells as well? Gen3\Militery
This is explained in the post that I linked, but to save you some time...

GAME.lab.parts += [GAME.sbPartsData["SBPShell3TypeN"].clone({"pref": "military grade"})]*3

Should you want say 3 shells instead of one for later...

If you just want one shell (or other part), leave off the *3 at the end.

Substitue the 'N' with whatever shell type you want.

Shell types are detailed in /game/700_minigames/760_sexbot.lab.rpy, somewhere around lines 1300-1400 (my file has a bunch of added code, but in that general area...) or just search for SBPShellType if you just want to use find, until you find the parts listings, roughly in the middle of the file. This will also show you the personality modifers for each shell.

Last edited:
Reactions: abada25

abada25

Sep 30, 2019
This is explained in the post that I linked, but to save you some time...

GAME.lab.parts += [GAME.sbPartsData["SBPShell3TypeN"].clone({"pref": "military grade"})]*3

Should you want say 3 shells instead of one for later...

If you just want one shell (or other part), leave off the *3 at the end.

Substitue the 'N' with whatever shell type you want.

Shell types are detailed in /game/700_minigames/760_sexbot.lab.rpy, somewhere around lines 1300-1400 (my file has a bunch of added code, but in that general area...) or just search for SBPShellType if you just want to use find, until you find the parts listings, roughly in the middle of the file. This will also show you the personality modifers for each shell.
Appreciate it, kinda skipped to the last part and didn't see.

Reactions: OhWee
4.30 star(s) 40 Votes