4.30 star(s) 40 Votes

EdselPresley

Jun 17, 2020
There is a tutorial video in op. dont forget to have khelara reload
Looks like I have a lower percentage chance of survival that the video poster. The battle didn't go exactly as the video but I did win. GOt my ass handed to me on the next round though.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Looks like I have a lower percentage chance of survival that the video poster. The battle didn't go exactly as the video but I did win. GOt my ass handed to me on the next round though.
The key is to stall the end of the first round a bit so khelara has the chance to reload. To improve you chances you can use voron torpedoes instead of the BFT used in the video.
And you must have 6 AP and cloaking, or you probably won't make it

synnest

Nov 11, 2019
So I found a +40 Perv Amp and went happily to improve my best bot. Imagine my disappointment when the bot lost 3M in value instead of gaining 1M. Turns out the gen3 military amps from 0.9 are worth 148.500 and the amps from 1.0 are only 99.000 :(

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
So I found a +40 Perv Amp and went happily to improve my best bot. Imagine my disappointment when the bot lost 3M in value instead of gaining 1M. Turns out the gen3 military amps from 0.9 are worth 148.500 and the amps from 1.0 are only 99.000 :(
Any adjustment to base data is reflected in existing as well as in new parts immediately. So there should not be any old valuable parts and new less valuable parts.

Feedback from v1.1 with the new valuation system shows
- shells add greatly to value now
- top of the line bots are around 40 mil with shell and 25 without

P.S.: In v1.1 you will in addition gain a dedicated 6th slot for shells only, so another chance to boost your bots total value :)

Last edited:

synnest

Nov 11, 2019
Any adjustment to base data is reflected in existing as well as in new parts immediately. So there should not be any old valuable parts and new less valuable parts.

Feedback from v1.1 with the new valuation system shows
- shells add greatly to value now
- top of the line bots are around 40 mil with shell and 25 without

P.S.: In v1.1 you will in addition gain a dedicated 6th slot for shells only, so another chance to boost your bots total value :)
There shouldn't but here they are.
screenshot0005.png

How much would these new bots earn in 1.1? Considering in 1.0 you had to spend around 100M for warehouse and equipment.

Reactions: pablo1360

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
There shouldn't but here they are.
View attachment 3057669

How much would these new bots earn in 1.1? Considering in 1.0 you had to spend around 100M for warehouse and equipment.
The player base cost has been reduced to about 50 mil total including voron gate.

Arcade earnings haven't been changed between 1.0 and 1.1

As to the amps, very interesting.
Only thing I can imagine is that the attribute improvements from the old one are higher (those are individually instanced and not base data references).

Would be interested to have a look at a save with those 2 parts in it.

tanz23

Jul 18, 2018
In training of t'ris i need to ask nimhe for help but i keep chating on her and no progress am i doing something wrong?

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
In training of t'ris i need to ask nimhe for help but i keep chating on her and no progress am i doing something wrong?
That one is a bit convoluted.

For Nimhe to help you with Tris and the autotrainer you need to do the Quest with bb2 and nimhe and autotrainer first (lab secrets)

Please check walkthrough for that quest

Reactions: tanz23

tanz23

Jul 18, 2018
That one is a bit convoluted.

For Nimhe to help you with Tris and the autotrainer you need to do the Quest with bb2 and nimhe and autotrainer first (lab secrets)

Please check walkthrough for that quest
And also how do i get guns and the pirate base sorry for asking too much

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
Is there some point where Nimhe can create other skins than just J type and is there a list of what other skins are available? I'm imagining that there will be more skins added in the future, . . . My vote is for the Lizard people, Big titted Barbies from Bimbonia and Amazonians from the planet Steroidon. Does Khelara get Nemhi to make he a double donged boybot to post in her quarters, (afterall the Captain has one, . . . maybe she'll stop charging for uniforms if the Captain will let her keep it!) Is there a female Krell skin for the bots?

I can't seem to get the shields or weapons to upgrade my base. Do I have to be a certain level?

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2022
I think Nimhe should be able to take a shell found in a bot container and reverse engineer it to make it part of her talent base when making skins. Each time you get a new skin it should trigger a Nimhe quest, followed by 3 days of her doing the research and reverse engineering of it. The daily task should be making skins and they would be random from the ones she has learned. Just my two cents.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I think Nimhe should be able to take a shell found in a bot container and reverse engineer it to make it part of her talent base when making skins. Each time you get a new skin it should trigger a Nimhe quest, followed by 3 days of her doing the research and reverse engineering of it. The daily task should be making skins and they would be random from the ones she has learned. Just my two cents.
Interesting that you should mention this. This is something that I'm currently working on in my personal mod. I just need to get the code to work. It's mostly there, just need to work out a variable error...

Short form, if a shell isn't in Nimhe's 'list', and you have a currently unused shell type, you'll be able to give this to Nimhe so that she can study it and build a prototype.

I'm also pondering a routine for the 'Build J type' that forces Nimhe to start with a basic shell type, then once she's built a Gen 1 shell, she can then build a Gen 2 next, and then finally a Gen 3, rather than building a Gen 1-3 randomly to begin with.

Again, setting up this routine is a bit complex, then there's the question of how to 'introduce' a 'choose shell type for Nimhe to build' thing (i.e. how to invoke a menu or popup screen). yv0751 seems to be alleregic to regular Ren'Py choice menus, so I haven't tried the 'easy way' yet...

Reactions: Gamle

ynosharingakk

Mar 11, 2023
OhWee "there's the question of how to 'introduce' a 'choose shell type for Nimhe to build' thing (i.e. how to invoke a menu or popup screen)"

what exactly do you mean?
620_interact_nimhe.rpy - add in here: mCondOptions "Ask to build a bot/f" + elif _return == "Ask to build a bot" + Nimhe must be in GAME.crew + Nimhe in lab

there are popscreens in game
call simple_notify("STORAGE", "No free storage cell.".format(GAME.lab.current.name), ["Continue"])

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OhWee "there's the question of how to 'introduce' a 'choose shell type for Nimhe to build' thing (i.e. how to invoke a menu or popup screen)"

620_interact_nimhe.rpy - add in here: mCondOptions "Ask to build a bot/f" + elif _return == "Ask to build a bot" + Nimhe must be in GAME.crew + Nimhe in lab

call simple_notify("STORAGE", "No free storage cell.".format(GAME.lab.current.name), ["Continue"])
No, this ties into Nimhe doing the 'Build/Procure J Type shell' option that shows up at the start of the day when making daily assignments. My intention is to change this to 'Build any shell that Nimhe already knows how to build', but because of how that particular menu is invoked, I can EITHER introduce a bunch of button sub options that you need to click through, or somehow invoke a popup menu that shows which Shell types Nimhe knows how to build.

Note that I'm still back at 1.00b, so if anything was changed r.e. how this stuff is invoked in 1.1 I'd have no clue.

The classic "Ren'Py choice menu" would normally be an easy way, but the J-Type option is assigned via the daily assignments screen, so I'd have to figure out how to detect the choice upon exit from said screen and invoke a choice menu or something...

Python, and to a lesser extent Ren'Py are still not my jam, but I eventually muddle through usually... The whole classes & defs thing in particular still confuses me. - if my brain was younger maybe I'd grasp it better, but I usually end up trying multiple things until I figure out how to get something to work... which is why it's taking me so long to get all of the various things I'm tweaking in my personal mod working.
o_O

Some of the things I've done so far:

1) Reduce the tonnage of pods (bio/nano/energy) from 1 ton per pod to 0.1 ton per pod
2) Change the amount of 'pod material' is used when repairing parts, and invoking a '1 bio pod' material cost to activate cortexes. This is done mainly to make bio and nano pods more useful, but also to make sexbot construction a bit more interesting...
3) Change the way that cubes work so that personality, attitude, and traits upgrades are in an 'upward direction' and a bit more predictable
4) Change the way how cortex upgrades work, so that once a cortex is level three, each addition upgrade increases the grade of the part (subpar to basic, etc.), and allow for the upgrade of Precursor cortexes in this manner as well absorbing data from 'regular AI' parts. This saves your unused precursor cortexes for other upgrades.
5) Reduce the amount of value of various bots, capping this at around $20 mil from my playtesting. This is partially to keep cargo runs more relevant when generating income, as making $3-4 million or more per day from your sex arcade once you have 10 top end bots assigned seemed a bit excessive to me...
6) Tweaks to various screens so that a bit more of the 'relevant data' that might be useful at that moment is displayed, and also so that the scroll bar is needed less often, and is not displayed when not needed.
7) yv0751 is already implementing a 'shell slot' for bots, I essentially assigned an extra slot to addons (slot 6) that is exclusively for shells. I couldn't figure out what yv0751 was doing in 1.00b so I went back to what I already had.
8) The way IQ is calculated, particularly when upgrading cortexes, is modified a bit, based on grade and gen of the cortex part, and using the 'old base IQ' as a baseline for the random gauss curve.

And probably a couple of other things. I wanted to get all of my 'current ideas' working before I share the next version of my personal mod, and at this point I've deviated a bit from the 'core game' with the changes I'm trying here, hence why at this point a separate mod thread will be appropriate. Not sure how many people are actually interested in this stuff, so I guess we'll see...

My goal here is to reduce the grind a bit (screen tweaks) while making the mid-late game economy a bit more interesting. Some people don't like doing cargo runs, bounty missions and bot construction (grind), but for me I find all of that fascinating! I think that with a few tweaks a more interesting balance can be achieved here, so that the 'grind for income' thing is a bit more interesting and a bit less random IMHO.
:cool:

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2018
I can't beat the Zealots the 3rd time. Aren't I supposed to have access to buy MrkIII weapons?
The Zealots bribe you with that weapon if you do not fight them. Have Khelara reloading. I had 6 torpedoes to start and 6 different torpedoes to end. There were at least 8 reloads and my ship was quite damaged. I did not cloak.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017

Just a quick followup, now that I've allowed your post to sink into my head.

You and I seem to be thinking along the same lines, here's what I had done already:

Nimhe_MorningOptions.jpg

It looks like I solved my issue with the variable just now though, so yay team!
- I was doing newshells_items[0].attr["name"] when I just needed to do newshells_items[0].name.

So yeah, I was about to share a bunch of code, but I figured out what I did wrong.

So the first part is sorta kinda working the way I intended. Now to figure out the morning assignment thing that I mentioned in my last post.
:unsure:

ynosharingakk

Mar 11, 2023
OhWee there is other way, back to yours original idea

715_uniform_system.rpy

DAILY ORDERS
label daily_orders():
# exit checks
if khelara.uniform == "UID2_Racy": <<<<------- add before this line:

if nimhe.getJob().ID == "JOB_Shell_J":

your code here (addintional panel to choose from available bots)
call large_notify("OhWee", "F95", ["Continue"], "05_gui/ico Ship.png") from _call_large_notify_20

this seems to work

Nimhe crafts only if requirements are met - small bug, no notification on this

maybe there is a way to make selection before job confirmation

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Yeah, that's where I'm working right now. Running into an issue where changing the 'jobData' entry for Type J to something else isn't 'taking'. So I need to dig into nimhe.getJob() and see if I can change the name options in there...

I could leave Type J, but my goal here is to allow players to assign a shell type for Nimhe to build at this point.

I haven't experimented with replacing ["Continue"] with a list variable yet, I THINK I have an idea on how to make that work...

ynosharingakk

Mar 11, 2023
I could leave Type J, but my goal here is to allow players to assign a shell type for Nimhe to build at this point.

I haven't experimented with replacing ["Continue"] with a list variable yet, I THINK I have an idea on how to make that work...
please remember that JOB_Shell_J is in 110_classes_core also

i've thought you just wanted to make panel(screen) in assigment job - JOB Make bot > Confirm All Tasks for Crew> New panel with choiсes of available bots> click - add bot to storage
smth like this
if nimhe.getJob().ID == "JOB_Shell_J": call new screen vbox if available: imagebutton bot1 "ico type i.png", bot2 "ico type n.png".... action add bot via command to storage, return

• Thinking Face
Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Yeah, 110 is on my list, as I have a whole thing planned for that. Essentially, each shell type will be tracked, so that Nimhe has to build at least 1 Gen 1 shell of a given type before she's able to build a Gen 2, etc...

But I'm still stuck on 715 atm, as I can't seem to change the 'Craft J Type' button text. As I noted, I changed the jobData entries (I'm actually changing two things there), and have tried copy/pasting those variable assignments, along with the Python code, into other labels in 715, but nothing is working...

I also tried changing jobData directly using the Ren'Py console, but again still not 'taking'. So I need to figure out how to get the text for the options in the daily schedule screen to actually change.

I did try a label after_load thing (in a separate .rpy file), but no joy.

4.30 star(s) 40 Votes