4.30 star(s) 40 Votes

gibo57

Donor
Mar 17, 2018
As I remember, T'ris has to bring up the subject first. Not sure what the prereq for that is. Then, use the computer in the captain's quarters after 17:00(?) and you'll see an icon in the upper right corner of your desktop icons on your computer...
Cheers pal, thanks

Reactions: OhWee

Nirdaeel

Apr 30, 2017
still having same issue with T'Ris station walk taking too much time, for something that has to be expected to last 1 hour, since that option is now on duty hours instead of off duty, when i ask her to do a walk at 10 am it ends at 21 , so lost whole day with it?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
yv0751

1) Thank you for reducing the time to jump between systems!

2) Also, thank you for the 3 green 'deck/level' icons that you added to the ship. This shaves off an extra click, which is always appreciated!
:love:
I was pondering adding something along these lines for my personal mod, but you have it covered so no worries!

Now I'm off to find that doctor lady. Don't need hints for this, just noting where I am at story wise in the game atm...

Reactions: yv0751

f95poke

Apr 21, 2017
With every new patch I need to start a new game and just choose 'start day x?' Don't like the idea of starting in a save state that wasn't based on my playthrough.

Reactions: MasterChild

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
With the latest update, mining has become a very thankless job.:confused:
Greatly rebalanced in V1.20 together with the mission system.
In v1.20 500k+ earnings are feasible in mining and also better earnings in early mining, with some nice finds.

Last edited:
Reactions: green_vortex

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
still having same issue with T'Ris station walk taking too much time, for something that has to be expected to last 1 hour, since that option is now on duty hours instead of off duty, when i ask her to do a walk at 10 am it ends at 21 , so lost whole day with it?
That one probably escaped me. there were a bunch oif issues with that walk.Added it to the list.

majorlink

Jan 26, 2018
why is it that with every update none of the old saves work anymore? the last game this guy made the saves worked fine after every update. i might just wait for this game to get like 6 or 7 more update b4 playing again. i really do like this game but man

Reactions: green_vortex
Feb 5, 2018
why is it that with every update none of the old saves work anymore? the last game this guy made the saves worked fine after every update. i might just wait for this game to get like 6 or 7 more update b4 playing again. i really do like this game but man
File structures change as new content is added. y.v. could spend his time coding conversion programs but writes new content instead. I've been beta testing through many versions and, later today, will restart again because content changed. I like more content. You still have the option of starting on later days which was implemented to address your complaint.

For your additional information, there are many bug fix versions where save compatibility continues but they are not publicly visible.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
File structures change as new content is added. y.v. could spend his time coding conversion programs but writes new content instead. I've been beta testing through many versions and, later today, will restart again because content changed. I like more content. You still have the option of starting on later days which was implemented to address your complaint.-
There are ways around this. Essentially you can put in checks for missing variables to 'fill in' anything that's missing in new versions.
default new_variable = 0
will add 'new_variable' (insert variable name here) into existing games, and when the game is started/reloaded, if the variable isn't present, it is immediately added with a value of whatever you assign to the default (in this case, 0)

Classes gets a bit more complex, but I've been able to work around this in various versions of my mod (again, need to add checks to 'fill in' the missing stuff), so that people can use EXISTING SAVES when playing my mod.

My point here is that it's not impossible, as I've been able to figure this out in several different games that I've modded over the years (not just Space Journey)... including IN my Space Journey mod which changes a number of things...

It just comes down to if you are willing to put in the effort to make your players happier/save them some grief...

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamle and pablo1360

sweetit

Aug 17, 2020
Just so im not going mad, are the other Bot Shells available in this update or is it a patreon thing.
Also looking forward to seeing the aliens youre going to add, if or if not fuckable too

the true captain kirk experience

Exotica

Jul 13, 2019
Just Finished the Krell lab missions and rescued verety. I know she joins the Crew the question is: What do i do to get her onboard to join?

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
There are ways around this. Essentially you can put in checks for missing variables to 'fill in' anything that's missing in new versions.
default new_variable = 0
will add 'new_variable' (insert variable name here) into existing games, and when the game is started/reloaded, if the variable isn't present, it is immediately added with a value of whatever you assign to the default (in this case, 0)

Classes gets a bit more complex, but I've been able to work around this in various versions of my mod (again, need to add checks to 'fill in' the missing stuff), so that people can use EXISTING SAVES when playing my mod.

My point here is that it's not impossible, as I've been able to figure this out in several different games that I've modded over the years (not just Space Journey)... including IN my Space Journey mod which changes a number of things...

It just comes down to if you are willing to put in the effort to make your players happier/save them some grief...
I vowed not to answer that issue anymore as ppl consistently misunderstand whats required, but here I go ;)

To have save game compatibilty you need
a.) data consistency
b.) process flow consistency

a.) is peanuts but worthless without b.
b.) can only be solved if I disable renpys save (and rollback) mechanism and implement save points.
That would piss off more people than the current solution.

Chose your poison.
Captain Jim, Over and Out on this issue (for good ;))

P.S. In the beta and early access phase where process flow is stable of course I release versions which are save compatible as I only have to address a.)
Never ever going to happen for b.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Test279

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Just so im not going mad, are the other Bot Shells available in this update or is it a patreon thing.
Also looking forward to seeing the aliens youre going to add, if or if not fuckable too

the true captain kirk experience
QC Ani only for Shell A.
Shells as such are all available.

pablo1360

Jan 11, 2020
I got a mission to deliver to the debris field but every time I click on the field to deliver it enters mining mode and then times me out from delivering.
Read what game[bb2] say. You must first collect enough of the ware you have to deliver in you cargo bay.

4.30 star(s) 40 Votes