4.30 star(s) 40 Votes

Energetic

Jun 8, 2019
I can only get 1 picture from Moira after giving her the cocktail. Otherwise she sends me out every time.. What am I missing?

meanmanatee

Oct 20, 2017
Is Sex With T'ris not completed? It says to visit her in her quarters or visit her in the mess and neither one is working.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Question: How do i convince the official in Quthor to let me into the Precursor Junkyards?
In 1.10 that is not possible. That will be a main mission in V1.20.
"Free movement" in quthor is V1.10. main quest EOC

Oppailance

Feb 26, 2018
What things make sense to bring over with the multiverse pod? I feel I'm being very inefficient and will completely cripple the next game.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
What things make sense to bring over with the multiverse pod? I feel I'm being very inefficient and will completely cripple the next game.
For 50t ship (can be achieved in two days in-game play time)
- Your five best bots
- 5 expensive pieces of equipment to sell for cash
- 30 subunits of all kinds (including Ai cores)
- 1x weapon, 1 x shield, 1x cargo compressor Mk II

Leobbb

May 24, 2019
I have a mixed feeling about the recent updates.

On a positive side some QoL UI improvements are great, it's nice to see deck buttons, separate slot for bot shells is very nice too.
I only miss direct clickable links in the maintenance screen for different subsystems, maybe below the subunit list like CA, EN, HY and similar or maybe even keyboard shortcuts like you press E and then 1 for torpedo loading or 2 for beacons in the hyperdrive and so on, also with the game remembering last accessed subsystem and showing it on default after E. Right now every time I want to change something, I have to press prev or next way too many times.

On a negative side I'm slightly disappointed in how new characters are introduced, often with barely any action, story goes forward, but there is no focus on training anymore to get them up to the uniform standards the rest of the crew learned. Like Dr Moira joins, great, but how the fuck is it possible to even go Krell space with her on board in the default clothes? I even looked for the Krell patrol to check my ship and they said everything was fine. Also by this time I expected the princess to start acknowledging the uniform rules too. Sure she was given some initial leeway as a princess but she really needs to start understanding her position and that she no longer has any power to refuse let alone order anyone disintegrated. She would make a great ponygirl, highest pedigree, but still.

Also with all the new jumpgate destinations the existing ones feel way too empty, only the initial area is somewhat populated, and even there some locations are still empty like Itari Prime for example. Other systems are like the mining place, precursor site and home base and nothing else.

Anyway I'm still thinking this is one of the best games here, with regular updates, which is very nice, but there is still much room for improvement.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017

On a positive side some QoL UI improvements are great, it's nice to see deck buttons, separate slot for bot shells is very nice too.
I only miss direct clickable links in the maintenance screen for different subsystems, maybe below the subunit list like CA, EN, HY and similar or maybe even keyboard shortcuts like you press E and then 1 for torpedo loading or 2 for beacons in the hyperdrive and so on, also with the game remembering last accessed subsystem and showing it on default after E. Right now every time I want to change something, I have to press prev or next way too many times.

On a negative side I'm slightly disappointed in how new characters are introduced, often with barely any action, story goes forward, but there is no focus on training anymore to get them up to the uniform standards the rest of the crew learned. Like Dr Moira joins, great, but how the fuck is it possible to even go Krell space with her on board in the default clothes? I even looked for the Krell patrol to check my ship and they said everything was fine. Also by this time I expected the princess to start acknowledging the uniform rules too. Sure she was given some initial leeway as a princess but she really needs to start understanding her position and that she no longer has any power to refuse let alone order anyone disintegrated. She would make a great ponygirl, highest pedigree, but still.

Also with all the new jumpgate destinations the existing ones feel way too empty, only the initial area is somewhat populated, and even there some locations are still empty like Itari Prime for example. Other systems are like the mining place, precursor site and home base and nothing else.

Anyway I'm still thinking this is one of the best games here, with regular updates, which is very nice, but there is still much room for improvement.
R.E. direct links...

Keep an eye out for my 1.1 interface only personal/unofficial mod in the next couple of days. I'm a bit distracted with some other stuff atm (turkey day, etc.), but still plugging away a bit here and there. I have a good chunk of my interface mod stuff for 1.00b ported over to 1.10 already, but still have a bit more to do.

The interface only mod will not change any of the gameplay stuff, just QoL additions like sort options for bot parts in the bot builder screen (the console parts screen has some of these already), less scrolling due to tightening up a few rows and such, that sort of thing. This will be one of the additions, that I've already previewed in my mod thread:

Essentially click on the icons in the bar above the component display to change between the various ship components. I thought about removing the 'prev/next' buttons, but I'll leave those for now, for those that are used to using those.

I'll let y'all know when it's ready to share!
:cool:

Last edited:

gjp

Sep 13, 2020
Space Journey X Version: 1.10.10 notes.

GUI

Positives

Light refinements are good with extra slots in the bot lab, and ship navigation buttons

Negative

None yet.

Game Play

Positive

New music/sounds (perhaps these could be selected by user preference)?

Negative

Explosion sound missing when destroying an enemy ship.

Only x 1 “Collapsar Torpedo” is now available, where multiple ones were before.

Biggest headache is that all the crew achievements are not transferred into the new game, and the grind of having to trawl through all the training of each character has to be done again each update. Is there a way these can be transferred to the new update (by copying a file or the Multiverse Pod)?

These comments are meant to be constructive :)

GJP

Reactions: Gamle

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017

Yeah, I took on a bit too much for 1.10 so had to prioritize.
I will start filling in the new systems and fleshing out characters with 1.20+

4.30 star(s) 40 Votes