4.30 star(s) 40 Votes

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
One cosmetic issue I've noticed is I'll sometimes get the graphic for a discovered space oddity appear and clear it before Vee tells me she discovered something.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: OhWee

Ordolph

May 16, 2017
Does anybody knew the item code for the Voron Nova distruptor?
Went looking for it in the game files after nobody posted it,

"ITMNovaDisruptor"

Also for anyone else, if you need a particular item code they're all in plain text in the game files, if you search using something like VSCode you can find them pretty easily.

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!

severed_arm

Aug 19, 2019
Went looking for it in the game files after nobody posted it,

"ITMNovaDisruptor"

Also for anyone else, if you need a particular item code they're all in plain text in the game files, if you search using something like VSCode you can find them pretty easily.
honestly, i'v had to do this for:
ownShip.shields = 1000
GAME.mc.addItem("ITMLiquorVortex")
GAME.ship.loadWare(ITMCrateBotsPre")
GAME.ship.loadWare(ITMCrateBotsMil")
GAME.ship.loadWare("ITMAICoreElite")

• Red Heart
Reactions: rom ross and OhWee

glyndas

Sep 25, 2020
is there no way to do lvl 3 bounties without grinding 14m for the torpedo launcher in hopes that they start selling t3 torps?
T3 laser, T3 shields, T2 engine with mods to ensure blasting through enemies before they spawn enough drones to overwhelm you... or T3 torps. for lvl 4 and 5 bounties this is often not enough.

Nirdaeel

Apr 30, 2017
T3 laser, T3 shields, T2 engine with mods to ensure blasting through enemies before they spawn enough drones to overwhelm you... or T3 torps. for lvl 4 and 5 bounties this is often not enough.
you may need better than invest on better torpedoes first, to go for AP boosters, need 6 to get 3 extra AP points to be able to fight with some chance to clear drones and land some hit on enemy before you go back to hide behind some rock (when have 1 ap left) to end your turn and get a refresh

• Angry
Reactions: severed_arm

severed_arm

Aug 19, 2019
you may need better than invest on better torpedoes first, to go for AP boosters, need 6 to get 3 extra AP points to be able to fight with some chance to clear drones and land some hit on enemy before you go back to hide behind some rock (when have 1 ap left) to end your turn and get a refresh
I should have inquired on strategy before i started cheating.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Also, if you have cloaking capability, using the cloak to reset your AP (when down to 1 AP) can help you get a few extra shots in before the enemy can fully respond.

Feb 5, 2018
I should have inquired on strategy before i started cheating.
Strategy and tactics are very important in higher level battles. Save game before combat. Then play out the combat. Having a save allows you to practice different options. Maximum subunits make a difference. It is possible to defeat the Level 4 pair of Krell Lashers without using torpedoes but at least 2 of the BFT-2000s make it much easier.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Something I noticed wrt to the base. Subunits (tunneling modules, output controllers, et al.) don't auto-stock. I've set up the base to auto-stock 10 of each. It's been sixish days and other items like modules and pods have fully auto-stocked.

• Thinking Face

hgi4545

Jan 6, 2020
When i try to get Seraphine to do her shopping task, the game gives me an error.
And I am not sure how to do the Sabotaging The Biolab. I got 100% Argus, but can't find the cloaking shield stuff and the Infiltrator bot has escaped at the Biolab already.

Greymantle

Jan 11, 2018
OK, so quick heads up...

So far I've only found one coding error in the new build (1.20.11) which either means that I'm extremely lucky or I missed something.

Specifically, there's one image call that's mis-labeled (11 instead of 1). Combining that with the 'unable to complete cargo mission due to message being pre-empted (changing elif to if for the cargo delivery check solves this), means that I only have two hotfixes so far.

There was one other place where I was able to click 'ignore' and continue with the game, a 'list out of range' error popped up for that one and I'd need to look at the code to see what's going on there, but since you can continue/ignore, and I've only seen that one time in my current playthrough, not an immediate priority...

I'm SURE there has to be others. If anyone else has spotted the 'error' screen at some point in the current build, feel free to call it out!

Someone mentioned a different sound clip being used in a specific place, but that's technically not an error unless it is actually causing an error, and I'm not sure where in the files this specific instance is in any case, and I'd defer to the Discord folks on this on as to whether it would need changing or not.

If I don't see anything else, either ingame or that y'all post up, I'll probably release a hotfix patch in the next day or so, and then start working on my interface mod at that point. I'm missing a LOT of the QoL improvement stuff that I added to SJx 1.10, which I personally want back asap, so I'll start working on that today.

I checked my build, and that image file is in the build I downloaded in the location specified. Not sure why it's not in your extracted build, perhaps check a previous build (/images/01_portrait subfolder) to see if you can copy the image into your latest build. That image gets used a lot so someone should have noticed this before now. I have SJx installed on another computer, so it's not handy atm, but if you need the image, let us know!
OK, don't know if it's known yet, but here it is :
For Voronian Precursor Junkyard, I went the "destroy zealots" path. All went well, Got my voronian gate up and running and all that... Fast forward to Qutor Junkyard, I nuke the precursors, loot 4th map fragment (and an Archive ? Don't know if it's supposed to be looted there too) and brought it back to Library... And 20+ days later, still haven't been contacted by Yylee, and she only asks me what Krell have been up too when I contact her. Quest log is still on "Get the map fragment", so I reckon giving the fragment to the library... may have reset the quest or a variable of the quest ? Don't know, as I can't access the Qutor Junkyard anymore.

Another bug, purely visual : Starting with my first fight in Qutor JY, I have the message for "torpedo reloaded" staying at the top of my screen even when not in combat/not even in space.

• Thinking Face

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
For Voronian Precursor Junkyard, I went the "destroy zealots" path. All went well, Got my voronian gate up and running and all that... Fast forward to Qutor Junkyard, I nuke the precursors, loot 4th map fragment (and an Archive ? Don't know if it's supposed to be looted there too) and brought it back to Library... And 20+ days later, still haven't been contacted by Yylee, and she only asks me what Krell have been up too when I contact her. Quest log is still on "Get the map fragment", so I reckon giving the fragment to the library... may have reset the quest or a variable of the quest ? Don't know, as I can't access the Qutor Junkyard anymore.

Another bug, purely visual : Starting with my first fight in Qutor JY, I have the message for "torpedo reloaded" staying at the top of my screen even when not in combat/not even in space.
OK, last thing first. I"ve noticed that the top info screen disappears after certain missions, and the only way to reset this was to enter the ship and then exit again. Not sure if that'll help your 'torpedo reloaded' situation, but I'm guessing that the two are related.

After I tackle a few other things I'll take a look at this again. I haven't successfully located the 'show/hide top screen info display' thing yet, but I haven't tried very hard yet.

As for the other issues, I'll wait for Sean MacDonald comment on that first, to see if he has any ideas. I could theoretically adjust the code if needed, but I need to better understand the issue first. This could be an other 'elif' preempting something situation, but I haven't looked at this part of the code yet.

A quick note.

I'm not faulting yv0751 in any way for anything that was 'missed' at the last minute. I'm guessing that he crammed as much as he could into the latest update before he ran out of time, and it's easy to miss stuff when beta-testing, expecially with this much code in play. I'm just trying to be helpful until he returns and is then able to address any issues 'officially'.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2018

I am popping in and out of Qu Thor collecting bot containers and hoping for the Auctioneer, now. I am in the same situation of no answer about the library. While I wait on that I am filling in the rest of the Gallery which may trigger something. I say that because I have TEC 25 because a gallery image triggered the increase.

synnest

Nov 11, 2019
When i try to get Seraphine to do her shopping task, the game gives me an error.
And I am not sure how to do the Sabotaging The Biolab. I got 100% Argus, but can't find the cloaking shield stuff and the Infiltrator bot has escaped at the Biolab already.
I tried the save you uploaded here. It is corrupt. Better start a new game.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Personally I finished every Quest in this build already... but there never was a prompter of the Library about haveing finished the research of the fragments... my best gues it's a hidden timer which eventually completes the Quest without a notification as any further story is up for the next Update

4.30 star(s) 40 Votes