4.30 star(s) 40 Votes

ArmoredCascade

Sep 27, 2018
also checking some of the Gallery pics are they from upcoming updates? because the sex with T'Ris and Nim are locked right now to future updates

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
I'm having trouble in the Precursor Junkyard in Qu Thor. I got though the first one ok, but in the second one I can't seem to damage the core. Do you have to destroy both Guardians before the Core is vulnerable ?

EDIT: I destroyed both Guardians before engaging the core and was able to damage it.

Last edited:

synnest

Nov 11, 2019
hm .. will probably now go looking .. also .. it doesn't look like the way IQ is factored into value changed between versions
Then something changed with skills. I noticed some weird stuff with my bots when switching to Elite parts. But can't check that now.

no1hom3

Dec 9, 2023
Then something changed with skills. I noticed some weird stuff with my bots when switching to Elite parts. But can't check that now.
Military Grade multiplier took a hit when Elite was introduced .. was 3.0, knocked down to 2.5, Elite in at 3.5

no1hom3

Dec 9, 2023
Last edited:
Feb 5, 2018
I'm having trouble in the Precursor Junkyard in Qu Thor. I got though the first one ok, but in the second one I can't seem to damage the core. Do you have to destroy both Guardians before the Core is vulnerable ?

EDIT: I destroyed both Guardians before engaging the core and was able to damage it.
In all current Precursor Junkyards, the Core is invulnerable as long as a Guardian remains. That's partly my fault. I would torpedo a Guardian and then would kill the Core before Guardian with 1 shot thanks to the AOE damage from the torpedo.

no1hom3

Dec 9, 2023
In all current Precursor Junkyards, the Core is invulnerable as long as a Guardian remains. That's partly my fault. I would torpedo a Guardian and then would kill the Core before Guardian with 1 shot thanks to the AOE damage from the torpedo.
Oddly .. it never seemed like it was, or should have been any other way, than to take out the Guardians first .. they're there to protect the Core .. why in any form of (sensible?) combat Guardianship would the core be left vulnerable as long as a main Guardian is still standing .. [shrug]

Feb 5, 2018
Oddly .. it never seemed like it was, or should have been any other way, than to take out the Guardians first .. they're there to protect the Core .. why in any form of (sensible?) combat Guardianship would the core be left vulnerable as long as a main Guardian is still standing .. [shrug]
I've been playing SJX through a lot of versions starting with the first. I told y.v. the quest was too easy. I was not the only tester who said that. He argued that many players would find it too difficult. We were both right. The Junkyard quest is where extra APP were added to equalize the combat.

Reactions: Evangelion-01

no1hom3

Dec 9, 2023
I've been playing SJX through a lot of versions starting with the first. I told y.v. the quest was too easy. I was not the only tester who said that. He argued that many players would find it too difficult. We were both right. The Junkyard quest is where extra APP were added to equalize the combat.
Good input makes for good decisions. It's been done well. Difficult nearly to the point of frustrating until you figure out how it works .. then it becomes entertainment to figure out how efficiently it can be done. (at least here anyway)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Sean MacDonald
Feb 5, 2018
Good input makes for good decisions. It's been done well. Difficult nearly to the point of frustrating until you figure out how it works .. then it becomes entertainment to figure out how efficiently it can be done. (at least here anyway)
Strategy and tactics are a definite benefit to combat in this game. Since many versions ago, 10 or so test versions before a public release so well over 100 in total, I save at the beginning of new combat scenarios so I can replay. I use scrollback to see how my moves are reacted to and try different things. Currently, I am in Qu Thor formulating my plans against 3 ship pirate bands. I have the 2 Corsair and 1 Privateer combat down to 3 rounds and only get hit by Seekers (the homing torpedoes.) A bonus of my testing is that the Auctioneer occasionally appears.

no1hom3

Dec 9, 2023
Lazy here .. always carrying Colapsars .. have gotten the Quthor 43% asteroid belt ambush down to 3 colapsars, two normal shots and however remaining for the random seekers, and only need to move 1 block sideways to align the two on the slightly more right side .. and basically never get hit by seekers

Even more lazy, usually start the morning at (jumping back to) the Junkyard there, roll the trip in 75% space between there and the planet until the auctioneer rolls around, roll that for something decent, then head through the asteroid belt to collect some bot containers .. save at the end of combat, before looting , loot .. check aquired containers (can get 2) . if they suck , reload, reloot .. (flipping farming)

Feb 5, 2018
Lazy here .. always carrying Colapsars .. have gotten the Quthor 43% asteroid belt ambush down to 3 colapsars, two normal shots and however remaining for the random seekers, and only need to move 1 block sideways to align the two on the slightly more right side .. and basically never get hit by seekers

Even more lazy, usually start the morning at (jumping back to) the Junkyard there, roll the trip in 75% space between there and the planet until the auctioneer rolls around, roll that for something decent, then head through the asteroid belt to collect some bot containers .. save at the end of combat, before looting , loot .. check aquired containers (can get 2) . if they suck , reload, reloot .. (flipping farming)
I've maneuvered the 2 Corsairs (top and right) so they are adjacent for 3 torpedoes. In doing that the Privateer usually gets me with a Seeker or two. I am not yet certain that the pattern is consistent.

Last edited:

no1hom3

Dec 9, 2023
I've maneuvered the 2 Corsairs (top and right) so they are adjacent for 3 torpedoes. In doing that the Privateer usually gets me with a Seeker or two. I am not yet certain that the pattern is consistent.
It's 98% consistent or something like that .. do it enough times you'll see .. oh, and having 3 AOEs on your torpedo launcher helps keep the number you need down a bit

bah .. dang editing: .. target the privateer first .. use a (miss) shot to get him to move into line of sight .. torpedo .. watch the others move ... normal shot privateer .. watch the others .. they usually align about then .. one torpedo at one of them, move to align if you need, one torpedo at the other .. bout the same thing every time, and sometimes one more shot at the privateer (might be ever so slight differences, but otherwise pretty consistent)

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 40 Votes