4.30 star(s) 40 Votes

Fcz1

Oct 22, 2018
why i cant enter maintenance hatch after it got repaired?
the caption: "i dont need to go there at the moment"

Feb 5, 2018
This game must hold a record for having incompatible saves for each and every version released... ugh...

It redeems itself for being an excellent game.
I'm one of the beta testers. There is a reason for incompatible saves and beta testers see it the most. New content requires expanded save file structures. That said, y.v. could spend a bunch of time writing save file converters or spend his time adding new content. My preference is new content. I can always replay which lets me test new tactics or refine old ones. Refining tactics is how I can get 50,000 experience and survive unwounded in a Level 4 Krell Lasher Bounty Mission. You can do the same but, frankly, it was boring.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So, a couple of thoughts while we all wait for the next public release.

There are a couple of things that I find very frustrating as it relates to building bots...

Since there are certain customers that want 'same level and grade' parts for certain things (say a Level 2 Bot with Military Grade parts), it can be a bit of a pain to determine if you have the associated heads/torsos/legs/arms for that grade of bot. And since you have to choose a cortex first, you can't just check to see if you have the associated parts available on the same screen that you assign the cortex, UNTIL you assign the cortex.

So it might be nice if you could 'pre-assemble' the body without the cortex first. Said 'assembly' could perhaps be 'locked out' from assigning it to a storage slot and maybe repairs until a cortex is assigned, as once you've selected a cortex, you are kind of 'forced' into saving that cortex to one of your 10 'storage' slots if you want to save the 'current personality' and such.

Secondly, an option to sort parts of a certain level and grade by condition (i.e. 100% to 0%) would be really nice. This would save a lot of time when trying to pick which parts to sell off, once you've accumulated say 1000 or more parts.

Thirdly, and this would require a new code routine, it might be nice to be able to ask Nimhe to try and track down a specific part. Say if the only thing you need to complete that Level 3 Advanced robot is an Advanced Arm, perhaps Nimhe could try to hunt one down for you, in lieu of a couple of crates full of random parts.

Mainly, though, the first two points are the ones that should be easier to implement I think... those would be very helpful to me!

Last edited:
Reactions: SamHaim

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Since there are certain customers that want 'same level and grade' parts for certain things (say a Level 2 Bot with Military Grade parts), it can be a bit of a pain to determine if you have the associated heads/torsos/legs/arms for that grade of bot. And since you have to choose a cortex first, you can't just check to see if you have the associated parts available on the same screen that you assign the cortex, UNTIL you assign the cortex.
That's already possible useing the console and flter Options.... which will get more detailed in current test Versions
Secondly, an option to sort parts of a certain level and grade by condition (i.e. 100% to 0%) would be really nice. This would save a lot of time when trying to pick which parts to sell off, once you've accumulated say 1000 or more parts.
Prices are based on the Generation and Grade not the condition of Items... so this is pretty useless unless you WANT to only sell parts of a certain condition... which doesn't really make any more sense... repairing parts cost the same wether its condition is 99% or 0%
Thirdly, and this would require a new code routine, it might be nice to be able to ask Nimhe to try and track down a specific part. Say if the only thing you need to complete that Level 3 Advanced robot is an Advanced Arm, perhaps Nimhe could try to hunt one down for you, in lieu of a couple of crates full of random parts.
The dev had a better idea.... Nimhe will have a task to use 3 parts of the same generation and grade at random to build 1 part of the same generation but improved grade by 1

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
So, a couple of thoughts while we all wait for the next public release.

There are a couple of things that I find very frustrating as it relates to building bots...

So it might be nice if you could 'pre-assemble' the body without the cortex first. Said 'assembly' could perhaps be 'locked out' from assigning it to a storage slot and maybe repairs until a cortex is assigned, as once you've selected a cortex, you are kind of 'forced' into saving that cortex to one of your 10 'storage' slots if you want to save the 'current personality' and such.

Mainly, though, the first two points are the ones that should be easier to implement I think... those would be very helpful to me!
Thanks for the suggestions.

The interface and usability in V0.6 Public leaves indeed a bit to be desired.

Some of the items will be addressed with V0.7 (insta-sell also without order for less clunky operation of bot manufacturing, better filters, unified terminal, ...) which should go public in a week or so.

And with V0.8, as Evangelion-01 pointed out, some more options will be available (auto-repair in Arcades, additional filtering parts/addons, Nimhe#s capability to upgrade batches of parts...).

That should address most items I hope.

Reactions: SamHaim and Test279

Psykoman1978

Mar 21, 2022
How do i find Vee? He only says how odd it´s active when you click the purple glowing cam ( "used" all items i had in my inventar) if it goes further then that i mean everywhere it says (future updates) but not on Find V quest

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
How do i find Vee? He only says how odd it´s active when you click the purple glowing cam ( "used" all items i had in my inventar) if it goes further then that i mean everywhere it says (future updates) but not on Find V quest
In V0.6 thats not too obvious and i put in a weird condition.
Investigate the maintenance door in the corridor on the lower Deck.
BB2 remarks, that he can analyze the signals coming from the door if he had (a) a working Uplink Unit (50%+) and (b) help from an engineer
Hire Khelara, bring your uplink up to speed and then the next morning you'll get a report and access to Vee

Psykoman1978

Mar 21, 2022
BB2 remarks, that he can analyze the signals coming from the door if he had (a) a working Uplink Unit (50%+) and (b) help from an engineer
Hire Khelara, bring your uplink up to speed and then the next morning you'll get a report and access to Vee
just to be sure that means my 50% isn´t enough i need at least 51%?
eh i saw i have uplink 75%
i got that scene where BB says up to 50% if i have it he get it done on the next day but since then nothing if i go back to that door it says access denied environmetal... and thats it

Psykoman1978

Mar 21, 2022
uhm Who is Khelara? ok i focus on other quest first

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
That's already possible useing the console and flter Options.... which will get more detailed in current test Versions

Prices are based on the Generation and Grade not the condition of Items... so this is pretty useless unless you WANT to only sell parts of a certain condition... which doesn't really make any more sense... repairing parts cost the same wether its condition is 99% or 0%

The dev had a better idea.... Nimhe will have a task to use 3 parts of the same generation and grade at random to build 1 part of the same generation but improved grade by 1
Yes, the filter options are available in the CONSOLE, but not where you are actually building the bot. This is my issue. It would be REALLY NICE to see what's available while in the robot building routine BEFORE choosing an AI core, WITHOUT having to exit that screen and walk over to the console just to see what parts you have.

----

As for condition not mattering, well it SHOULD matter. Parts that are of a lower condition probably should require more effort to repair. This could mirror what happens with energy pods for training.

The parts have, if I'm remembering correctly 3-4 'color grades' in their description, so if part quality is high, this should only require say 5% to repair. If it's 'medium', then 10% to repair, and if it's 'low' then 20% to repair. Or some other suitable percentages.

---

As to the third point, whatever addresses the issue of 'I've been buying crates for days and days now hoping that I might get a military grade arm to complete this one robot as military grade' I'm good with. There are just too many combinations of how parts go together otherwise, and I've had several bots filling up the building cue hoping for that one part that never comes, because the dice rolls never fall that way. There are something like 10 different parts, x 12 different grades (tier 1,2,3 and sub, normal, advanced, militay), not to mention that higher grade/tier parts are 'weighted' in the random chance chart, so odds can be significantly less than 1% (10 x 12 = 120, before weighting) that the exact part you need will be one of the selected parts in a crate...

In any case, I just wanted to throw out some suggestions, as these are issues that lessen my enjoyment of the associated gameplay.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Yes, the filter options are available in the CONSOLE, but not where you are actually building the bot. This is my issue. It would be REALLY NICE to see what's available while in the robot building routine BEFORE choosing an AI core, WITHOUT having to exit that screen and walk over to the console just to see what parts you have.
Why would you leave the bot creator to check the console?
I kinda miss your point of atleast find your approach rather unintuitive and strange.
As for condition not mattering, well it SHOULD matter. Parts that are of a lower condition probably should require more effort to repair. This could mirror what happens with energy pods for training.

The parts have, if I'm remembering correctly 3-4 'color grades' in their description, so if part quality is high, this should only require say 5% to repair. If it's 'medium', then 10% to repair, and if it's 'low' then 20% to repair. Or some other suitable percentages.
There are 3 Generations and 4 different qualities.
Those only affect stats like intelligence escape chance and basic abilities
As to the third point, whatever addresses the issue of 'I've been buying crates for days and days now hoping that I might get a military grade arm to complete this one robot as military grade' I'm good with. There are just too many combinations of how parts go together otherwise, and I've had several bots filling up the building cue hoping for that one part that never comes, because the dice rolls never fall that way. There are something like 10 different parts, x 12 different grades (tier 1,2,3 and sub, normal, advanced, militay), not to mention that higher grade/tier parts are 'weighted' in the random chance chart, so odds can be significantly less than 1% (10 x 12 = 120, before weighting) that the exact part you need will be one of the selected parts in a crate...

In any case, I just wanted to throw out some suggestions, as these are issues that lessen my enjoyment of the associated gameplay.
Get rare or military grade boxes (rare have a high chance for advanced parts and better chances for military ones with a medicore for basics)
Military crates will always be military grade equipment

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Why would you leave the bot creator to check the console?
I kinda miss your point of atleast find your approach rather unintuitive and strange.

There are 3 Generations and 4 different qualities.
Those only affect stats like intelligence escape chance and basic abilities

Get rare or military grade boxes (rare have a high chance for advanced parts and better chances for military ones with a medicore for basics)
Military crates will always be military grade equipment
Well, my suggestions are targetted to the developer, not you. so if you don't understand what I'm trying to convey, that's a you problem.

---

AGAIN, once you've entered the bot creator screen (the one with the 10 slots), the ONLY way you can currently check which other parts are available is to select an AI core first, at which point you are essentially 'stuck' with that AI core which configures it's personality at that point.

What I've been suggesting is the ability to add other parts to said screen first (i.e. click on the torso box first before selecting the AI core to see what torsos are available, then head/arms/legs) and perhaps 'pre-select' parts to see if you have a complete set of head/body/arms/legs in that grade first, BEFORE selecting the AI core. I'm not suggesting that you would actually save or do anyting with said parts UNTIL the AI core is selected, this is just a way to 'pre-check' that doesn't involve leaving said screen first. So eliminating the extra steps of having to back out of that screen to check your other options, and perhaps have to go over to the console to see what you have.

NOTE that when you are on the Bot Configuration and Training screen, you currently can't do ANYTHING until you select an AI core, or select a bot that you already have in storage. THIS is the screen that I'm talking about, having to leave this screen to check your parts options at the console costs you an hour, even if you do NOTHING on this screen other than just hit Exit. Not to mention all of that extra clicking...

To reiterate, as it currently stands, you have to back out of this screen first to see your parts options UNLESS you select an AI core first or perhaps select another bot in storage and hope that they have empty slots to check your parts inventory, so that you can check your parts inventory from this screen, which takes extra time, and also extra time in game every single time you enter this screen, whether or not you do ANYTHING on this screen.

Using another bot to check your parts inventory while on the Configuration and Training screen is an unnecessary workaround IMHO, and then you also need to be mindful of what you click...

---

As for the 'higher quality' bot crates, you are still at the mercy of the dice, just because it's a smaller pool of parts, well there are still 10 different types of parts, then you have to factor in Tier and Grade, sure the higher tiers and Grades may be given a stronger weighting, but this is why a method of being able to get the part you need, rather than hoping the dice go your way each time, is desirable. As it stands right now, there's a lot of unneccessary grinding and screen scrolling going on to just get say an arm you need, when the dice rolls aren't going your way week after week...

---

And as for the 'different repair costs based on quality' thing, that was a SUGGESTION. We already have a similar mechanism going on with Energy Pods and training (i.e. 5%/10%/20% per 10% of energy depending on if that bot likes or dislikes an activity), I was just suggesting extending that methodology to parts, i.e. low quality parts would require 4x the resources of 'nearly new' parts to repair.

Otherwise, as you noted before, quality status essentially breaks down to 'new' and 'not new' and if all 'not new' parts cost the same to repair, this sort of defeats the purpose of having a condition system in the first place. As it stands now, once you realize that condition affects skills and asking price, you WILL repair your bot parts pretty much always, so that you can maximize your investment. Pods are cheap, so no reason NOT to!

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Hi,

Version 0.7, focusing on the rescue of Princess Seraphine will be coming up shortly (public release around 14th of July).

Here is a small render of Seraphine (not sure whether that image already got posted). You might remember her from somewhere... ;)

promo.png

4.30 star(s) 40 Votes