4.30 star(s) 40 Votes

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
...or they just do the sensible thing and check their Inventory BEFORE entering the Bot Lab in the first place.
I don't think there are that many that use the Bot Lab to micro manage their entire stock instead of the preped Console with additional functionality

All in the Console... why are you refuseing to use it and complain about those mechanics missing?

Most of your ideas seem to increase the clicks required to get anything done opposing to reduceing them as you claim is your goal.
EXCEPT that as it currently stands, you can't do this stuff once you've entered the Bot Configurator. Which you should be able to do, as EVERY TIME you enter and exit the Bot Configurator, this WILL cost you one hour of time, WHETHER OR NOT you do anything at all. It's not entering the lab that costs you an hour (as someone wrongfully suggested earlier), it's entering the configurator.

Other than 'just hasn't been done yet' having view/sort options in the BOT CONFIGURATOR, and more sort options, when you are actually WORKING with the parts instead of just checking your inventory, is desirable. Not everyone will play the game exactly like the way you play it, and not everyone has a photographic memory, just sayin'.

My solution works, should y'all bother to want to try it. It's not perfect (the 'need a cortex before you can actually pick a part instead of just checking the list of heads or whatever' message needs to be implemented in a different fashion, but it works for me, so I already solved my own problem. Whether y'all see the benefit of this or not is a you problem.

And the 'sort by condition' is STILL not an option anywhere, despite what you may say, and there are NO sort options inside of the Bot Configurator, WHICH is what I'm suggesting should be added. This way, you don't need to scroll through a bunch of parts just to TRY to spot the Military Grade or Tier 3 parts or whatever. So extra scrolling...

YES, these options ARE in the console, but NOT in the Bot Configurator which also would benefit greatly by having them.

No matter, I've passed on my suggestions to the developer, it's up to him whether it's worthwhile for how he wants the game to play or not.

I'm a beta tester. So are some others here. You are apparently not one. Why don't you become one and express your ideas in that, more appropriate, environment instead of long code posts on this thread? You might find that things being implemented are already working well. Your ideas will be heard more directly, there.
I have my own stuff going on atm (note the GAME DEVELOPER tag). These were just friendly suggestions, y'all do with said suggestions what you want!

Reactions: SamHaim

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
EXCEPT that as it currently stands, you can't do this stuff once you've entered the Bot Configurator. Which you should be able to do, as EVERY TIME you enter and exit the Bot Configurator, this WILL cost you one hour of time, WHETHER OR NOT you do anything at all. It's not entering the lab that costs you an hour (as someone wrongfully suggested earlier), it's entering the configurator.
...You didn't answer the question... WHY would you do that?
You can enter the console, use the filters to sort of the high quality gear than Scrap/sell all the rest with 2 clicks.
Useing the Bot configurator and your suggestion people need to click on every body part slot, scroll through a list of mostly worthless scrap and than can't even choose the one they finally found... so they need to exit that overview, choose a cortex and likely reroll the personality before repeating to open the body part list to finally choose a part.
Where did you save anyones time? you saved 1 hour ingame time by wastieng atleast 10 minutes of a Players real life time.
Other than 'just hasn't been done yet' having view/sort options in the BOT CONFIGURATOR, and more sort options, when you are actually WORKING with the parts instead of just checking your inventory, is desirable. Not everyone will play the game exactly like the way you play it, and not everyone has a photographic memory, just sayin'.
True... you obviously don't that's why I said that MOST people do... and based on the feedback on Patreon I can back that statement.
And the 'sort by condition' is STILL not an option anywhere, despite what you may say, and there are NO sort options inside of the Bot Configurator, WHICH is what I'm suggesting should be added. This way, you don't need to scroll through a bunch of parts just to TRY to spot the Military Grade or Tier 3 parts or whatever. So extra scrolling...
...again WHY?
You can't do anything in the bot configurator aside of building a finished bot... storage management is even storywise bound to the console
All your suggestion push into the direction of abondeing the console in order to cramp a less useable mechanic into the Bot Configurator.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Why would you do this in the Bot Lab though? entering the Botlab advances time by 1 hour... you can simply check this in the console instead and loose none... you can also check the special offers of the day maybe buying something you are missing or get a military grade Upgrade chip.
(snip)
Just wanted to point out that it was YOU that said entering the lab costs 1 hour. As I've noted, as of version x-060, it's entering the BOT CONFIGURATOR that costs you the hour, not entering the lab. Every time you re-enter the Bot Configurator, this will cost you another hour.

Just be aware, not sure if this will change in 0.7.0, but normally 'just wandering around the ship and conversing' doesn't cost an hour in this game so I don't expect this to change.

---

In any case, here's my 760_sexbot_lab.rpy file, should anyone wish to try out the changes I made for my own enjoyment. To reiterate what I've done in the BOT CONFIGURATOR screen here:

1) You can click on the head/torso/arms/legs boxes before selecting a cortex to review what body parts you currently have, but may not select any of these parts until a cortex is selected.

2) Repair costs have been changed in this 'mod'.
- It will now cost between 1-20% of your nano materials to repair a head/torso/arm/leg, depending on the current condition of the item (1-4% condition costs 20 materials, 96-99% costs just 1 material).​
- It will not cost between 4-80% of your bio materials to repair a cortex, again based on the condition of the cortex you are repairing.​
- The Bio/Energy/Nano materials fields now store twice as much material, with each pod replenishing up to 50% of said materials instead of 100%. Note that you will now lose 5% for every 'training step' instead of 10%, so the amount of energy pods required for 10 training steps is unchanged (1 pod), but you can now store the energy from two pods instead of just one pod. I did this to reduce the number of times you need to mouse back and forth between the training bars and the 'recharge' button.​

Back up your current 760_sexbot_lab.rpy file first, then drag the /game folder inside of the attached .7z inside of your SpaceJourneyX-060_b-pc folder, which will merge /game with /game and ask you to overwite the 760_sexbot_lab.rpy file, to incorporate these changes into your version x-060_b game.

This is just my suggestions being shared already coded for playtesting purposes, this is obviously NOT an official patch/mod from the developer. This mod will most likely be obsolete once 070 is shared with the public, and while I may implement these changes for my own enjoyment, I have no plans on 'maintaining' this as a mod unless there is sufficient interest, depending on what is changed in 070...

BTW, if you want to change the maximum amount needed to perform a repair, you can use Notepad 2 / Notepad++ to edit the file. The line you need to edit is 2164, just change the 20 to 25 or whatever should you wish to 'experiment' with different values...

I only play this game about one session per update normally, to relax a bit before getting back to my other projects. It's a pretty cool game and I like sandbox games (such as the current project I'm working on) so it's a nice distraction every now and then.
:cool:

Last edited:

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Just wanted to point out that it was YOU that said entering the lab costs 1 hour. As I've noted, as of version x-060, it's entering the BOT CONFIGURATOR that costs you the hour, not entering the lab. Every time you re-enter the Bot Configurator, this will cost you another hour.
I think we are talking about 2 different things that are the same... what you call Bot Configurator is what I call Bot Lab since you also start the Bots training from here... and the Bot trainer is a sepperated unit as can be observed dureing the Girls special training sessions... the room itself is called the Laboratory it host more stuff than the equipment for bots... though the MC doesn't have any other use for it yet (if ever)

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Thanks for all the suggestions regarding Bot Lab usability.

I liked the idea to give the repair function more in game realism (without increasing clicks).
I added a Tech Skill for MC (which improves by ship repair, bot lab assembly tasks etc.).
If the tech skill is too low for a Gen, repair for the Gen will max out at < 100% (e.g. 80% Gen 2, 60% Gen 3).

Once the MC has a high enough skill level, all repairs go (one click) to 100%.
Also repaired ship spots will break down not so often if a skilled MC has fixed them...

Subtle changes, but may add to sense of achievement and realism.

Data will be introduced in V0.8 (not sure I'll get all that mechanics into V08 already)

y.v.

P.S.
On a side note, NPC also have that Tech Skill.
Once e.g. Nimhe has upgraded enough parts and her tech skill went up, the upgrade result may be better than one grade...

overlord5

Sep 8, 2017
i'm missing a scene from the gallery, and i can't figure out what i'm missing

Hint: Check the shower cam in Khelara's room (i surspect it is because it is at the same time as Nimhe's shower scene, which forwards you one hour when played)

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018

Hint: Check the shower cam in Khelara's room (i surspect it is because it is at the same time as Nimhe's shower scene, which forwards you one hour when played)
Nop one hour earlier... check it at 20:00

DD#

Feb 12, 2022

No, is at the same time with Spy BotLab for T'ris training, you should complete this before that quest start (or after is completed - not in 0.6) .

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
V0.7 Public Release

Until the post has been published on the latest Updates here is the Heads Up for everyone who follows the thread...

Explore a new Star System !
Rescue Princess Seraphine !
Adjust your Crew uniforms according to the depraved Krell regulations !

- Read The Release Notes For More -

y.v.

1689312622576.png

Last edited:

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
why did you suggest that though

why would you want to make the time management more burdensome in that way
Chiming in here:

There was the overall observation that actions in the game did not consistently use up time.
So most of the cutcenes that would use an hour or so time got that hour added, intersystem travel now takes up a day (like mining) and using the configurator is using up one hour, which seems reasonable.

I didn't find the latter particularly bad, it might get annoying if you constantly jump in and out to use the bot terminal. I ll probably optimize that for V0.9, where there's a request listed to look up parts, manage completed bots etc. from inside the configurator as well

Feb 5, 2018
Chiming in here:

There was the overall observation that actions in the game did not consistently use up time.
So most of the cutcenes that would use an hour or so time got that hour added, intersystem travel now takes up a day (like mining) and using the configurator is using up one hour, which seems reasonable.

I didn't find the latter particularly bad, it might get annoying if you constantly jump in and out to use the bot terminal. I ll probably optimize that for V0.9, where there's a request listed to look up parts, manage completed bots etc. from inside the configurator as well
Looking up parts is easy without leaving the Configurator unless you have thousands of parts. With that many the terminal is slow, too. If you have thousands of parts then you do not need subpars. Scrap them for credits. I usually scrap Gen 1 parts later.

Reactions: Evangelion-01

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
...You didn't answer the question... WHY would you do that?
Hmm, could it be because it's what feel natural ?
In the vast majority of games I've played, and I'm playing since the early 80's, you manage and use your components from the same screen.
It's also less works on the coding and designing side, since you've only one (set of) screen to works on.

You can enter the console, use the filters to sort of the high quality gear than Scrap/sell all the rest with 2 clicks.
And what if one don't want to scrap/sell, because (s)he mostly don't care about the quality and just want to sell a lot of bot quickly ?
Of course, it's not optimized, but I'm relatively confident in the fact that at least half the players are doing it that way. They don't care about optimization, especially on the adult gaming scene. Their initial intent is to play a game with lewd content, not to challenge themselves or fill an achievement list. And if the bot creation add some depth to the gameplay, to their eyes it also add a lot of grinding, especially due to the way too frequent save compatibility issues.

While OhWee and I rarely agree, simply discarding the opinion of someone who have years of experience regarding adult games players expectation and behavior is not really wise.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Hmm, could it be because it's what feel natural ?
In the vast majority of games I've played, and I'm playing since the early 80's, you manage and use your components from the same screen.
It's also less works on the coding and designing side, since you've only one (set of) screen to works on.

And what if one don't want to scrap/sell, because (s)he mostly don't care about the quality and just want to sell a lot of bot quickly ?
Of course, it's not optimized, but I'm relatively confident in the fact that at least half the players are doing it that way. They don't care about optimization, especially on the adult gaming scene. Their initial intent is to play a game with lewd content, not to challenge themselves or fill an achievement list. And if the bot creation add some depth to the gameplay, to their eyes it also add a lot of grinding, especially due to the way too frequent save compatibility issues.

While OhWee and I rarely agree, simply discarding the opinion of someone who have years of experience regarding adult games players expectation and behavior is not really wise.
I can see that in this topic opinions differ.

I rather enjoy making UIs, so I might make a version with two tabs, one being configurator and the other one being lab management able to be switched "in place" and see how that unified interface feels. Its not particularly difficult in renpy nor is it much effort as all the modules are there anyway in the code already.

If the flow is right I might add it to the mechanics.
Subjectively the "storage manager" and the "bot builder" are two physical entities in the lab, so it might feel a bit wrong to have it on one UI. But I guess there is a tradeoff between conveniecne and realism.

We'll see how it measures up against the current setup in the next DEV test version which I provide Patrons in the next two weeks to give feedback on game mechanics for the next update.

Appreciate all the feedback.

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
I can see that in this topic opinions differ.

I rather enjoy making UIs, so I might make a version with two tabs, one being configurator and the other one being lab management able to be switched "in place" and see how that unified interface feels. Its not particularly difficult in renpy nor is it much effort as all the modules are there anyway in the code already.
To make peace with both camps, a compromise is in order. My idea is, the bot configurator should take an hour if (and only if) you actually changed a bot in some way (added or removed a part, trained it, repaired, etc.), and regardless of how much you work, the entire process should take an hour (you can build tens of bots this way within an hour, which doesn't sound reasonable, but you can do it anyway). Just looking at bots or their parts should take no time.

If the flow is right I might add it to the mechanics.
Subjectively the "storage manager" and the "bot builder" are two physical entities in the lab, so it might feel a bit wrong to have it on one UI. But I guess there is a tradeoff between conveniecne and realism.
Come on, you have your little helper bot, make him manage the storage if you're in the configurator. "Hey, BB, what kinds of military grade arms do we have?" Enough realism for you? Just make the buttons to send "commands" to BB.

Feb 5, 2018

Why do you want to sell a lot of bots quickly? If it is simply for credits then there are other ways that are more lucrative. Increasing Bot Building skill is not part of the game, yet. :)

Reactions: Evangelion-01

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
And objectively it absolutely don't feel like it, because at no time the player is asked to effectively move pieces to the bot builder.
Therefore the feeling (s)he get is that, when (s)he click on a cell to have a component, (s)he take get it directly from the place where they are stored. And when one is doing this, it's natural that, while rummaging through the different pieces, in search of the one (s)he want, (s)he found one damaged, or not interesting, and decide to throw it away, or put it aside to sell it.

Why do you want to sell a lot of bots quickly?
Because:
"Of course, it's not optimized, but I'm relatively confident in the fact that at least half the players are doing it that way. They don't care about optimization, especially on the adult gaming scene. Their initial intent is to play a game with lewd content, not to challenge themselves or fill an achievement list. And if the bot creation add some depth to the gameplay, to their eyes it also add a lot of grinding, especially due to the way too frequent save compatibility issues."
I wonder why I have the feeling that I already said that in the post you're answering too...

Feb 5, 2018
To make peace with both camps, a compromise is in order. My idea is, the bot configurator should take an hour if (and only if) you actually changed a bot in some way (added or removed a part, trained it, repaired, etc.), and regardless of how much you work, the entire process should take an hour (you can build tens of bots this way within an hour, which doesn't sound reasonable, but you can do it anyway). Just looking at bots or their parts should take no time.
This is interesting but the maximum number of bots you can build in an hour is limited by Configurator inventory space. The Configurator only holds 10 bots.

4.30 star(s) 40 Votes