Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Ah, good question... My feeling is that he has a strong worldbuilding, plus a clear idea of the direction of the game and the story, with most things mapped out, but not the step-by-step details. And we also know by experience that he tends to get a bit sidetracked and carried away by his ideas (most infamously the bunk bed conversations with the LIs). For example, I have no clue on how he'll manage to fill up the 90 days your training is supposed to last (and that covers the 2nd chapter), at this pace.
In the last year, except for the last couple of months, he has been rather regular in his updates, and he published a roadmap of the monthly updates with their content, so he must have some sort of medium-term plan. How far it stretches into the future, that's unclear.

And yes, I agree that the guest devs strategy wasn't really viable...
I missed this post until now, The Morgana post obscured it.
The thought that he doesn't have a detailed storyboard doesn't fill me with confidence. Something this complex really needs one,
unless I've completely misunderstood what kind of game he's going for. I mean if it is just a VN with a few branches then fine he can probably wing it, but if all these stats and vast array of kinks actually affect the story then I can't see how he'd manage to tie it together on the fly.

This has been my impression as well. I feel like a lot of the basic story ideas and the general plotline had been developed way back, probably before the development even started, but most details had changed along the way. I skimmed through the earliest Patreon posts a while back, it seems like there has always been influence from the polls and fan feedback on the course of the development, even as far as the very beginning, with character designs and names. There were also some story changes influenced by how popular some of the characters were. Sam was supposed to die at the end of Part 1, for example, but this was rewritten after he became such a popular character. Some of the characters like Ayewn, Krathi, and Chad also had their roles expanded over time.

As far as the planned structure of Part 2 goes, I know that all of the primary love interests are planned to have morning shower scenes that will cover an entire week, so with the number of PLIs we have right now there should be a minimum of 6 in-game week's worth of mission content. Every other week is planned to be a filler week in terms of the main story, so that bi players will be able to catch up on all of the content, while strictly gay/straight players will just get prompts to increase stats instead.

When he was asked about when he plans to start Part 3 on Discord, which I think may have been around last December or at the start of the year, Ranli said that he is currently aiming for Winter 2025, iirc. Not to be too negative, but, at the current rate of one in-game day every six months, even with the filler weeks, this is a bit too unrealistic, lol.
That filler week seems like a terrible idea to me, in a game that tries to encompass so many kinks you shouldn't be able to experience it all in one playthrough.
But again I might have misunderstood how complex this game is intended to be.

origeee

Feb 21, 2020
What I love about this game is a feeling of having no limits by which I mean that I can desire every character no matter their gender and not being cockblocked about it. It is quite rare in this regard. I think someone should create a thread about those kind of games in the "Recommended" section.

pilgrim2003

Dec 30, 2018
What I love about this game is a feeling of having no limits by which I mean that I can desire every character no matter their gender and not being cockblocked about it. It is quite rare in this regard. I think someone should create a thread about those kind of games in the "Recommended" section.
You are right, but I am afraid the thread would be very short :)

Reactions: TempMax

smog01

Apr 30, 2021
i like the idea that this game gives you options and choices. though as i was playing during the missions table, it kind of ended too short. there was not much in terms of pregnancy and i could not find any other missions that would include the alien purple girl or the computer lady again. I felt kind of forced towards the end

Feb 12, 2022
Hey guys
what kind of incest does the game contain?
brother and sister?
Mostly, yes.

A character, Fatima, comes from a backwater that's known for... everyone getting it on with everyone inside the family.
Sam and his brother had an intimate relationship, although mostly jerking off (YMMV if you consider it incest, but Sam's dreams are more explicit than that).

There's a character, Cis, where you can write in the relationship to the main character. So, she's my character's former pilates instructor. Similarly, there's an older woman whose relationship can be written in. She's my character's former headteacher at the Saint Prepuce Indoctrination school.

Imagine the shock when my character goes to his former pilates instructor's bunk and says "YOU HAVE A TOPLESS PICTURE OF OUR FORMER HEADTEACHER AT THE SAINT PREPUCE INDOCTRINATION SCHOOL???"

But of course if you decide to write something else in that prompt, you could decide that Cis is your (surprisingly youthful-looking) grandma and have hot grandma incest. (I mean... the next time that the devs expand on Cis' story, which isn't any time soon).

The main character also has a cousin, Felix, who seemed to have the hots for him, so there's also some possible cousin action if you're into that.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of SpacCorpseXXX v2.5.1.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

you need Android 11 or newer to install the app!

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11 :FacePalm:), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
The problem is that the dev doesn't seem to know where he wants to go with the story, or if he does, he is doing it in a very round-about way. The first 7 or 8 chapters were excellent, the naive MC ends up press-ganged into a sexy military operation, and it has all the spicy fish out of water comedy you would expect.

But once he is fully imersed in the squad, and his sister comes along, it all seems to drag. Ranli, you have a great concept here. It would really be improved by having a story with some stakes. Some mystery, some drama. I think that is what is sorely needed. Pump up the drama, mystery, and strangeness, without just having the characters hanging around, and it will be much more interesting for the players.
in reality there were mistery already... if only dev would spend his time on those isntead of unsatisfying useless bland side quest, in Virtual reality mode... i mean the sexy Sisters that appeared some times ago??the strangers that sent theshapeshifter...the cutted tentacle of shapeshiftyer ?some story progression with MC sister? there will be a lot to do in develop these mistery and story..if only dev top listening to kinky patreons and actually did his job, there will be no whining and lost customers..that0's for sure.. you simply can't waste months to release only some stupid VN filler

Reactions: Smarmint

WazawaiDa

May 8, 2023
That filler week seems like a terrible idea to me, in a game that tries to encompass so many kinks you shouldn't be able to experience it all in one playthrough.
Honestly, even though it's not the perfect solution, I like that it doesn't force players that are interested in both M/F and M/M to choose between the two. I think that this is one of the game's strengths, that it (usually) doesn't create an opportunity cost to the sexual encounters. You can pursue anyone you want to, and there aren't really any drawbacks most of the time.

It's almost like having a harem route as the default route, which is honestly not something I've seen a lot in VNs (at least in gay ones, I imagine it's a lot more common in straight ones, lol).

perles75

May 16, 2020
in reality there were mistery already... if only dev would spend his time on those isntead of unsatisfying useless bland side quest, in Virtual reality mode... i mean the sexy Sisters that appeared some times ago??the strangers that sent theshapeshifter...the cutted tentacle of shapeshiftyer ?some story progression with MC sister? there will be a lot to do in develop these mistery and story..if only dev top listening to kinky patreons and actually did his job, there will be no whining and lost customers..that0's for sure.. you simply can't waste months to release only some stupid VN filler
Ive been following Ranli for some time and frankly it seems to me that he has always done what he wanted without listening to Patreons that much -the posts on Patreon that have been referred in a message above must have been before my time, so waaaay back in the development. I guess at that time the game was in very early development so he was gladly getting feedback, as many devs do.
The concept of the game hasn't really changed since its inception, the only proper significant thing has probably been to equalize M/F and M/M content, as at the beginning it was more skewed towards the former (for example he added M/M options to the first couple of scenes of chapter 1 when he remastered the chapter). The dev himself is bi so I assume he gravitates naturally towards equal opportunities between gay and straight scenes.
In general, he has mostly done his thing, even when some decisions were rather debated (I do remember the discussions on the neverending bunk bed conversations).

perles75

May 16, 2020
is it just me or are these releases getting less and less content kind of annoying really.
I think he wanted to work on becoming more regular in his updates (as they had become quite erratic in the past couple of years) and provide smaller but more regular updates every month (the August one was actually supposed to come out at the end of June I think, but he said it was a struggle to complete).

FWIW that's the schedule he posted on Patreon for the remainder of the year, do with that whatever you want... 1692305870127.png

pilgrim2003

Dec 30, 2018
Everybody who plays Spacecorps should be prepared the game will have slow but constant development for the next 4-5 years :)

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Well, all I can say is that I admire what Ranli is trying to do. Make a game that has all sorts of kinks, so there is something for everybody. It's not easy to pull off, but it lets players try out things they may not otherwise try, at least in game form.

The problem I have with the latest few updates, are that if you are into AVNs for the story, the character depth, and some humor, the first handful of updates is very different than the last 5 or 6 updates. The ultimate sin is that Spacecorps XXX has become boring. I've barely wanted to play the last 5 or 6 updates, and when I do, I end up thinking, "Ok, why did I bother".

If Spacecorps was always like this, I would just forget about it and move on and play other games. There are plenty of games here with little story I happily skip. However, the first few updates were honestly incredible. I loved the hilarious advertisement for the Spacecorps and meeting some of the initial characters. The dialog and world building was really great. I didn't much care for the demon scenes, but they were easy to skim past, and some people surely like that sort of thing. It was like discoverying a whole new debauched world out there. And the MC's memory of his past life was also quite funny.

However, looking at the 2023 update plan side a few posts above, does anything on this slide excite or significantly interest anyone? It all looks like a bunch of filler and fluff.

I understand Ranli doesn't hang around here, at least under his name, and maybe he doesn't care what most payers think. As long as he has a tiny core of die hard fans, that is all he wants. But I hope he tries to guide Spacecorps XXX toward an actually interesting story one of these days, and I think it could be great.

anonwk3

Oct 25, 2021
No game is worth a dev harming themselves to get it done. The impression is I get that the the dev effectively gassed themselves on the first season which tbh even as a player was ALOT of content. So can't blame them for making smaller updates that push things a long bit by bit rather one huge update that could burn them out.

origeee

Feb 21, 2020
Ive been following Ranli for some time and frankly it seems to me that he has always done what he wanted without listening to Patreons that much -the posts on Patreon that have been referred in a message above must have been before my time, so waaaay back in the development. I guess at that time the game was in very early development so he was gladly getting feedback, as many devs do.
The concept of the game hasn't really changed since its inception, the only proper significant thing has probably been to equalize M/F and M/M content, as at the beginning it was more skewed towards the former (for example he added M/M options to the first couple of scenes of chapter 1 when he remastered the chapter). The dev himself is bi so I assume he gravitates naturally towards equal opportunities between gay and straight scenes.
In general, he has mostly done his thing, even when some decisions were rather debated (I do remember the discussions on the neverending bunk bed conversations).
The fact that you are Bi doesn't assume that you perceive both genders equally. Judging by the earlier versions it is clear that his personal preferences are indeed more skewed towards the M/F content and to me it just seems more organic and in line with his vision to play the game as he originally intended it (Then again maybe I'm biased here because of my personal preferences ). Equalizing both types of content is clearly him trying to appease the gay audience.

4.10 star(s) 168 Votes