Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
No game is worth a dev harming themselves to get it done. The impression is I get that the the dev effectively gassed themselves on the first season which tbh even as a player was ALOT of content. So can't blame them for making smaller updates that push things a long bit by bit rather one huge update that could burn them out.
I am OK with the sizes of the updates. And they are fairly frequent. But for me, and it looks like most players here, we want more than just a slide show of sex scenes, and hanging around the ship doing nothing. Have the ship attacked by pirates, and one of the crew captured, and then start a rescue mission to save them from probing. Land on new planets and meet new cultures. Find a ship floating out in space and defrost the crew from 200 years ago, or from the future.

Doesn't Ranli watch or read sci-fi? It's a science fiction story, in space. There are hundreds of interesting scenarios he could use to drive the plot forward and have an actual story. Why go through all the effort of creating a world of sex crazed space marines, and make a whole ship and space-faring society, if all they are going to do it hang around the bunk room, and walk around the decks occasionally. Might as well set this game in an underground bunker on earth.

Equalizing both types of content is clearly him trying to appease the gay audience.
And your point?

WazawaiDa

May 8, 2023
Well, all I can say is that I admire what Ranli is trying to do. Make a game that has all sorts of kinks, so there is something for everybody. It's not easy to pull off, but it lets players try out things they may not otherwise try, at least in game form.

The problem I have with the latest few updates, are that if you are into AVNs for the story, the character depth, and some humor, the first handful of updates is very different than the last 5 or 6 updates. The ultimate sin is that Spacecorps XXX has become boring. I've barely wanted to play the last 5 or 6 updates, and when I do, I end up thinking, "Ok, why did I bother".

If Spacecorps was always like this, I would just forget about it and move on and play other games. There are plenty of games here with little story I happily skip. However, the first few updates were honestly incredible. I loved the hilarious advertisement for the Spacecorps and meeting some of the initial characters. The dialog and world building was really great. I didn't much care for the demon scenes, but they were easy to skim past, and some people surely like that sort of thing. It was like discoverying a whole new debauched world out there. And the MC's memory of his past life was also quite funny.

However, looking at the 2023 update plan side a few posts above, does anything on this slide excite or significantly interest anyone? It all looks like a bunch of filler and fluff.

I understand Ranli doesn't hang around here, at least under his name, and maybe he doesn't care what most payers think. As long as he has a tiny core of die hard fans, that is all he wants. But I hope he tries to guide Spacecorps XXX toward an actual interesting story one of these days, and I think it could be great.
Honestly, this is all really fair criticism and I don't even entirely disagree. When I first got into the game around last year, I had kind of mixed feelings about Part 2. Part 1 has its bumps and some awkward stuff, but I think it does manage to set up the characters and the setting well, and by the end of the first day I was excited to see how the story will develop and what adventures the main cast will encounter. And then Part 2 starts, and it just feels kind of empty, all of the scenes are very brief and the character interactions are significantly reduced, and then you very quickly get to the end of the current update, feeling very underwhelmed.

But I can see what Ranli is going for with Part 2. In theory, it should be one of the most exciting parts of the game because the player is free to develop the main character however they want. They get to decide what branch he will get in and what his morals are, how his relationships with other cadets and with the crew will develop, and what he will do once the training is over. However, right now maybe only 1% of all that potential content is available, and I think it will feel like it's still only taking off for a long while. Part 2 has been in development for about a year now, and there are still basically no original missions in the game, most of the Holodeck stuff is guest writer content that is kind of inconsequential because it has no bearing on the main story. I hope that once we get out of the initial stages of development and start getting the missions, things will start to feel exciting and intriguing again. I am personally looking forward to exploring the Dan subplot, I kind of want to see how it develops.

perles75

May 16, 2020
The fact that you are Bi doesn't assume that you perceive both genders equally. Judging by the earlier versions it is clear that his personal preferences are indeed more skewed towards the M/F content and to me it just seems more organic and in line with his vision to play the game as he originally intended it (Then again maybe I'm biased here because of my personal preferences ). Equalizing both types of content is clearly him trying to appease the gay audience.
That's totally not what my impression has been, as his M/M content has been of the highest quality and very engaging (and -but that's my personal feeling- the male characters are on average more interesting than the female ones, just look at the current love interests or the ones that can become that).
I think he started with more F/M content thinking that the game would cater more to a straight audience, then discovered that was not the case.

Also, equalising is by definition treating two audiences, well, equally, so I hardly see it as "appeasing" one of them.

Reactions: Aphrodite<3

perles75

May 16, 2020
I am OK with the sizes of the updates. And they are fairly frequent. But for me, and it looks like most players here, we want more than just a slide show of sex scenes, and hanging around the ship doing nothing. Have the ship attacked by pirates, and one of the crew captured, and then start a rescue mission to save them from probing. Land on new planets and meet new cultures. Find a ship floating out in space and defrost the crew from 200 years ago, or from the future.

Doesn't Ranli watch or read sci-fi? It's a science fiction story, in space. There are hundreds of interesting scenarios he could use to drive the plot forward and have an actual story. Why go through all the effort of creating a world of sex crazed space marines, and make a whole ship and space-faring society, if all they are going to do it hang around the bunk room, and walk around the decks occasionally. Might as well set this game in an underground bunker on earth.
I think you hit the nail in the head by saying that the main problem currently is the feeling that most of the content is rather impersonal -courtesy of the rather random holodeck missions (I'm not blaming the guest devs for that, as they fulfilled an assignment, but there should be at least equal content rooted in the actual universe and possibly something that fits the storyline and the worldbuilding instead of basic scenes). You don't even have to invent strange scifi things, as the current setting is rich enough to get a lot of ideas that could be exploited.
I'm not saying that such content doesn't exist in current season 2 (the shifter, Dan's mystery, the most recent development on religion, as it seems a rather central plot point), but it feels too little in context.

I agree with your pov on the size and frequency of the updates, that doesn't bother me either.

bigdick289

Jan 25, 2019
Well, all I can say is that I admire what Ranli is trying to do. Make a game that has all sorts of kinks, so there is something for everybody. It's not easy to pull off, but it lets players try out things they may not otherwise try, at least in game form.

The problem I have with the latest few updates, are that if you are into AVNs for the story, the character depth, and some humor, the first handful of updates is very different than the last 5 or 6 updates. The ultimate sin is that Spacecorps XXX has become boring. I've barely wanted to play the last 5 or 6 updates, and when I do, I end up thinking, "Ok, why did I bother".

If Spacecorps was always like this, I would just forget about it and move on and play other games. There are plenty of games here with little story I happily skip. However, the first few updates were honestly incredible. I loved the hilarious advertisement for the Spacecorps and meeting some of the initial characters. The dialog and world building was really great. I didn't much care for the demon scenes, but they were easy to skim past, and some people surely like that sort of thing. It was like discoverying a whole new debauched world out there. And the MC's memory of his past life was also quite funny.
I think I'm the only one here that likes the demon stuff :D

But yeah, there is a lot of things that the dev could do with the story, this is Sci-Fi, and it could even go as far a mixing things up with some medieval/fantasy society/alien race on a specific planet that was just discovered.

It could also include content around the discovery of and wars with civilizations pre-type 1, type 1,2 ans 3, alien races similar in evolution and space exploration to today's humanity, ancient millenial alien races, pirate societies, an alien imperium trying to conquer the MC's galaxy, I don't know?!?!

Sci-Fi is the opportunity for the dev to go far and beyond with any ideas.

Nick_on_Vox

Apr 16, 2023
That's totally not what my impression has been, as his M/M content has been of the highest quality and very engaging (and -but that's my personal feeling- the male characters are on average more interesting than the female ones, just look at the current love interests or the ones that can become that).
I think he started with more F/M content thinking that the game would cater more to a straight audience, then discovered that was not the case.

Also, equalising is by definition treating two audiences, well, equally, so I hardly see it as "appeasing" one of them.
That's what killed it for me. I'm not into the gay/bi/futa content, so the shallow female LIs were not great. Especially since, aside from the 1 virgin LI, the rest... Whenever you talk to them, it's just them telling stories and clips of them getting railed by every other character in the game.

WazawaiDa

May 8, 2023
Ur not the only one. Even tho she's Bald the Futa Demon is my favorite.
But i'm still kinda sad that she's the only futa in this whole thing. :/
I don't think this has been explicitly stated by the creator yet, at least from what I've seen, but one other character has been theorised to be a Futa.

It's Bailey.

perles75

May 16, 2020
That's what killed it for me. I'm not into the gay/bi/futa content, so the shallow female LIs were not great. Especially since, aside from the 1 virgin LI, the rest... Whenever you talk to them, it's just them telling stories and clips of them getting railed by every other character in the game.
lol "them telling stories and clips of them getting railed by every other character in the game" is basically all the characters onboard the Mercury except the Ganymedians -that's how the SpaceCorps roll.
(not that there's anything wrong with that)

But yes, I understand that if you find all the people that cater to your preference unappealing it's difficult to get invested in the game.

WazawaiDa

May 8, 2023
Mission to Terex (spin-off Patron only minigame) will be updated and released alongside the new update later this month.

The new gym scene will feature two of the main characters from the minigame. The only appearance they have made so far in the main game was in the Ipad video that the MC and Chad watch and jerk off to together. I figure most players haven't really seen the scene, since it requires you to permanently reject Anna and is gay content, and so aren't familiar with them.

lazerus13901

Jun 8, 2023
I also would like to ask why is the MC a loser that is constantly being put down and made to feel worthless? I can't believe this character will ever get any girls at this point. I can get that in my real life I don't need a game for this experience lol

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Feb 12, 2022
I also would like to ask why is the MC a loser that is constantly being put down and made to feel worthless?
Because he's been forcefully recruited in a dehumanizing, humiliating, alienating military apparatus that does that. Because... you know... it's an authoritarian military.

I guess you haven't played much of the game. By the end of the second day MC has earned some mad respect
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I can't believe this character will ever get any girls at this point.
He has no problem in getting the boys.

Last edited:

lazerus13901

Jun 8, 2023
I just started this game like a day ago. Haven't gotten very far. I am honestly getting frustrated with what feels like a lack of actual agency over the content I participate in. Like the game presents it that I have a choice in what content I see but I keep getting put in "Choose this One Correct Option or DIE" scenarios. It is aggravating and wearing down my patience. I apparently have to bone a demon I am do not find attractive because I couldn't do anything with his sister because that choice literally kills me? What the hell is this game? You have to reject the demon girl and then you immediately get punished and shamed by the game for not just choosing to die? What the hell?

4.10 star(s) 168 Votes