indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
still a BIG NOTHING ABOUT THE ACTUAL STORY...BAH I THINK I LEFT THIS...NOT ACTUAL FUN DOING DULL MISSION WITH THE IA OR GUARD MISSION THAT ADD NOTHING TO THE LORE..i don't know why this still have 4,5 stars... i loved the first chapter where there was story development...after "killing" the dopplegnagher and the sarge mission aving ann..it's being awfully dull and empty

Spatches

Dec 10, 2017
still a BIG NOTHING ABOUT THE ACTUAL STORY...BAH I THINK I LEFT THIS...NOT ACTUAL FUN DOING DULL MISSION WITH THE IA OR GUARD MISSION THAT ADD NOTHING TO THE LORE..i don't know why this still have 4,5 stars... i loved the first chapter where there was story development...after "killing" the dopplegnagher and the sarge mission aving ann..it's being awfully dull and empty
I still consider it one of my favorite VNs. If it's not number 1 it's top 3 for sure. My one complaint now is that I think having so much content for various sexualities and kinks (which I think is awesome and hope he never stops doing) is that the updates feel very short. Like if you are only seeing gay or straight content each update might only take 5 minutes or so to view. I like the story too, but Ranli did say awhile ago he was going to focus on bridge content for awhile. And we are slowly but surely getting more info about Sam's brother, Dan

Jan 15, 2019
Why do I seem to be stuck in a loop? I only get to the spot where he falls asleep with a hard on and the game ends. No matter how far I rollback and even if I start with older saves. Are these last few updates just "improvements" on earlier scenes or like what is going on?

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
I haven't checked this game out in years. My main complaint was the MC was an idiot and I felt like I was losing brain cells just reading his lines. Did it get better or is he still a total dumbass?

CypherXXX

May 17, 2017
Is there any Gallery Unlock at all? Tried modifying the code in 00gallery.rpy from False -> True but that didn't work. Are there any other ways to unlock the full gallery?

WazawaiDa

May 8, 2023
I haven't checked this game out in years. My main complaint was the MC was an idiot and I felt like I was losing brain cells just reading his lines. Did it get better or is he still a total dumbass?
The update that has just come out has a mission in which, imo, the MC is rather uncharacteristically resourceful and smart. Apparently, according to Ranli on Patreon, starting from day 5 the MC will be a lot more proactive and confident, having adjusted to SpaceCorps. The most recent Fatima shower scene also had him acting very charismatic, for example. It seems like the plan is for him to become even smarter and more confident as the game goes on, though I guess you can still continue to choose the (literally) low IQ options if you want to.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
The branching for the new Lazarus mission seems a bit off. The game assumes that the MC has previously encountered this guy MAX that I've never seen before and sends the MC down his path if kinks.straight == False, so not just if he's gay but also if you've picked any options with dudes setting the MC as bi.

Only way to get the path with Aurora is if you've been playing the MC as entirely straight.

In either case, the scenario revolves around creeping on other people/bots having sex, which doesn't appeal to me at all (but can be skipped). At least the scene with Krathi was fun, if largely a rehash of their previous scene in the brig (at least the Wildman variant).

Last edited:
Reactions: Monaco1933

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
The branching for the new Lazarus mission seems a bit off. The game assumes that the MC has previously encountered this guy MAX that I've never seen before and sends the MC down his path if kinks.straight == False, so not just if he's gay but also if you've picked any options with dudes setting the MC as bi.

Only way to get the path with Aurora is if you've been playing the MC as entirely straight.

In either case, the scenario revolves around creeping on other people/bots having sex, which doesn't appeal to me at all (but can be skipped). At least the scene with Krathi was fun, if largely a rehash of their previous scene in the brig (at least the Wildman variant).
well that sucks... it doesn't even give you an option anywhere? it's a bit sad that a game that accepts Bi's forgets them when it matters.
I haven't played this update yet, I'm curious now where my game will go, I think I've picked "straight" options almost exclusively, I wonder if the couple of times my choices wandered over the line are going to force the story down the gay route too.
One prison event to rule them all :unsure:.
Is there anything that maps which choices change that "straight==" to false?

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
well that sucks... it doesn't even give you an option anywhere? it's a bit sad that a game that accepts Bi's forgets them when it matters.
I haven't played this update yet, I'm curious now where my game will go, I think I've picked "straight" options almost exclusively, I wonder if the couple of times my choices wandered over the line are going to force the story down the gay route too.
Is there anything that maps which choices change that "straight==" to false?
Yeah same, I play the MC as mostly-straight-but-flexible (ix-nay on the icks-day but willing to accept a blowjob from time to time), but no, there are no options here. I don't remember the most recent opportunity to change the straight/bi/gay toggle in the MC's psychometrics but believe it was a while back in my playthrough.

Ranli has generally been pretty good about allowing for different preferences/playstyles in the past so I hope this is just an oversight and will be fixed soon.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Yeah same, I play the MC as mostly-straight-but-flexible (ix-nay on the icks-day but willing to accept a blowjob from time to time), but no, there are no options here. I don't remember the most recent opportunity to change the straight/bi/gay toggle in the MC's psychometrics but believe it was a while back in my playthrough.

Ranli has generally been pretty good about allowing for different preferences/playstyles in the past so I hope this is just an oversight and will be fixed soon.
Sounds like we've been playing the same route... Not sure whether to wait for the "fix" or not now. does this represent the main action for this update or a side note?

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Sounds like we've been playing the same route... Not sure whether to wait for the "fix" or not now. does this represent the main action for this update or a side note?
This update is two new options for the first watch missions: Either the first part of the "Lazarus" story chain to track down Sam's brother or clean-up crew with Krathi (the bestial lady from the brig).

So this affects about half of the update's content, I guess.

Reactions: Stil996

WazawaiDa

May 8, 2023
I don't remember the most recent opportunity to change the straight/bi/gay toggle in the MC's psychometrics but believe it was a while back in my playthrough.
IIRC, you get to pick the MC's sexuality (Gay/Bi/Bi-curious/Straight and then the preference for Trans characters) at the very start of Part 2. I'm not sure if it's possible to change the sexuality after that. In Part 1 it was dynamic and could be influenced by choices, but in Part 2 it seems to not be the case - you straight up cannot pick Gay missions if you have a Straight MC and vice versa, for example. Haven't really experimented with the dialogue choices, though, maybe they can still push the MC towards certain preferences.

Anyway, I'm surprised that the only check for whether you get Aurora or Max is the sexuality. I assumed it was partly based on whether you picked Max over Fiora at the start because I did in my save file, but looks like that's not the case. It is also kind of unusual to not get to choose between the options, I can definitely think of a way to change the scene so that it allows both. Just have both androids in front of Lazarus (that way both get introduced to the players), and then the MC can influence who Lazarus chooses.

4.10 star(s) 168 Votes