perles75

May 16, 2020
While all this may be true, Morgana is supposed to be very intelligent. If she's just after the MC physical appearance, then I'm just disappointed. She could just go with Chad for that matter.
You can be very intelligent and a total cuckoo, the two things are not mutually exclusive (as many examples in history show)

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

1. Chad wishes he was as hot as us :p
2. Who said anything about appearance, you can bet Morgana was present for the medicals and whatever other evaluations recruits go through (genetic/psychological/IQ/EQ/Fashion sense/Ability to burb the alphabet... etc)
3. Morgana is essentially omnipresent on the ship, I'm betting she's figured out we have psychic abilities, or at least suspects we have a little something extra.

Disappointed?? what was the alternative? the other theory was "love at first sight" and a craving for the white picket fence and 2.4 children?
1. Irrelevant for Morgana's decision (I don't even remember seeing something like this).
2. She chooses Jimmy after the medical exam and their first meeting. All we see is a physical examination (nothing more) and their first specific encounter isn't really that concluant.
3. That may be true or not. I have the impression she is on him even before he comes on board. Since she is an AI, she may as well have capted something on another ship or from a computer on a planet (more or less what we learn from Rydick).

As for your last sentence, I don't need an alternative. She is supposed to pick the best progenitor for her child. I'm not sure what we see in season 1 is enough for it to happen at that time. It's even more surprising on a playthrough focused on Lancelot. Maybe I'm just over analyzing this but that's what I feel.

You can be very intelligent and a total cuckoo, the two things are not mutually exclusive (as many examples in history show)
I'm not against that conclusion but that's not what we are shown. She is supposed to be very intelligent, meticulous/precise and discreet/careful, even a little jealous and possessive. Since she is only interested in having a child, there must have been better options than Jimmy on the ship, on another one or even on a planet.

Good continuation.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
1. Irrelevant for Morgana's decision (I don't even remember seeing something like this).
2. She chooses Jimmy after the medical exam and their first meeting. All we see is a physical examination (nothing more) and their first specific encounter isn't really that concluant.
3. That may be true or not. I have the impression she is on him even before he comes on board. Since she is an AI, she may as well have capted something on another ship or from a computer on a planet (more or less what we learn from Rydick).

As for your last sentence, I don't need an alternative. She is supposed to pick the best progenitor for her child. I'm not sure what we see in season 1 is enough for it to happen at that time. It's even more surprising on a playthrough focused on Lancelot. Maybe I'm just over analyzing this but that's what I feel.

I'm not against that conclusion but that's not what we are shown. She is supposed to be very intelligent, meticulous/precise and discreet/careful, even a little jealous and possessive. Since she is only interested in having a child, there must have been better options than Jimmy on the ship, on another one or even on a planet.

Good continuation.
  1. You were the one who brought Chad into the discussion not me :p
  2. a). Our first experience was with Jimmy's medical exam (After he had already been onboard for an undisclosed period of time, and nothing suggests the Morgana couldn't have been watching him for a very long time... we live in a surveillance culture now, I can only imagine what it's like in such a paradigm fascist society).
    b). Recruits know for a while that they are due service, so IMO it's not unreasonable that other evaluations are done before setting foot onboard ship. With the physical medical simply being a final formality to make sure no contagious diseases are brought onboard.
    c). Morgana has access to ALL the medical exams (both recruits and serving crew), giving her the option compare and choose the best candidate as defined by whatever criteria she values. and
    d). you have no idea what characteristics she might be looking for, whether she wants "good" like good genes for a super soldier or "poor" like a low IQ that might make someone easy to control....
  3. Psychics might be top secret for normal crew, but I doubt these restrictions affect Morgana much (whether she has clearance or not, she potentially sees everything), there are other psychics onboard that could have given her the opportunity to observe his interactions... I don't remember if the Foxman before or after Morgana made her move? Jimmy resisting his psychic presence would have been a very good example of something note worthy IMO
And again you make the assumption of "only wanting a child", which doesn't require a "loving" donor, whether it is something for her to love (and feel like a "real" woman) or a body she can transfer her consciousness into (to be a real woman), there are a number of other reasons she might want a "baby".
I can also imagine
  • Super soldier as mentioned above,
  • Genetic experiment to try and isolate psychic talent,
  • Living Dildo,
  • Meat Incubators for her own race of Xenomorphs
  • Clone Slaves to crew the ship when she mutinies and kills it's current crew
I'm not trying to be antagonistic BTW (I enjoy exploring different scenarios) and when people make assumptions (and lots of people do) I tend to argue whatever counter theories I can think off, it's part of my psyche I guess...a natural born devils advocate. To be clear since your reply seems to be branching from the point that spawned this entire discussion, i.e., you expressed shock that Morgana might want a baby by a man who hasn't shown interest in her. I on the other hand find it hard to imagine why she would care about the emotions/attraction of her sperm donor beyond a minor ego boost.

Reactions: Oliz82

WazawaiDa

May 8, 2023
Hello.

Good continuation.
I think you're overthinking it a bit. Morgana talks about her attraction to the MC during her introduction/first sex scene, and she basically says that watching him interact with the nurse/MAX/Kex/Fox has made her curious about sex and physical intimacy and want to experience it. Iirc, she even creates/modifies a physical avatar specifically to attract the MC. The reason she becomes interested in him in particular is because he is a Mary Sue Chosen One and has a certain charm that makes even established straight men/lesbian women turn heads (or it could be his psionic powers are acting on them unconsciously or something).

She gets pregnant on the straight / f/m route after the second sex scene, and by that point she is already very jealous and possessive of the MC, especially if you chose Lancelot over her the first time. I got the impression that her pregnancy is her way of getting the MC to commit to her and pay attention to her (I'm not even sure if she is actually pregnant or not). Like when the he starts asking about the baby/when it's due/etc., she ignores him and sends him away. The goal seems to be to just attract the MC and have sex with him.

• Thinking Face

WazawaiDa

May 8, 2023
Ranli just posted the new schedule for the first half of 2024.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Lots of interesting stuff, apparently there will be some surprises for the July update. I'm mostly just happy that we're getting to Week 2/3 so quickly (as long as everything goes according to plan). Two updates per in-game day should work pretty well going forward, I feel. First update with gym/showers/breakfast/new mission slot, second update with the actual new missions for the day.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: shinod and Dyson

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

1. You were the one who brought Chad into the discussion not me :p
  2. a). Our first experience was with Jimmy's medical exam (After he had already been onboard for an undisclosed period of time, and nothing suggests the Morgana couldn't have been watching him for a very long time... we live in a surveillance culture now, I can only imagine what it's like in such a paradigm fascist society).
    b). Recruits know for a while that they are due service, so IMO it's not unreasonable that other evaluations are done before setting foot onboard ship. With the physical medical simply being a final formality to make sure no contagious diseases are brought onboard.
    c). Morgana has access to ALL the medical exams (both recruits and serving crew), giving her the option compare and choose the best candidate as defined by whatever criteria she values. and
    d). you have no idea what characteristics she might be looking for, whether she wants "good" like good genes for a super soldier or "poor" like a low IQ that might make someone easy to control....
  3. Psychics might be top secret for normal crew, but I doubt these restrictions affect Morgana much (whether she has clearance or not, she potentially sees everything), there are other psychics onboard that could have given her the opportunity to observe his interactions... I don't remember if the Foxman before or after Morgana made her move? Jimmy resisting his psychic presence would have been a very good example of something note worthy IMO
And again you make the assumption of "only wanting a child", which doesn't require a "loving" donor, whether it is something for her to love (and feel like a "real" woman) or a body she can transfer her consciousness into (to be a real woman), there are a number of other reasons she might want a "baby".
I can also imagine
  • Super soldier as mentioned above,
  • Genetic experiment to try and isolate psychic talent,
  • Living Dildo,
  • Meat Incubators for her own race of Xenomorphs
  • Clone Slaves to crew the ship when she mutinies and kills it's current crew
I'm not trying to be antagonistic BTW (I enjoy exploring different scenarios) and when people make assumptions (and lots of people do) I tend to argue whatever counter theories I can think off, it's part of my psyche I guess...a natural born devils advocate. To be clear since your reply seems to be branching from the point that spawned this entire discussion, i.e., you expressed shock that Morgana might want a baby by a man who hasn't shown interest in her. I on the other hand find it hard to imagine why she would care about the emotions/attraction of her sperm donor beyond a minor ego boost.
1. You're right but I don't understand how what Chad's thinking has anything to do with Morgana.
2. Again, I'm basing what I'm saying on what the game offers, though I may have missed some elements in between because there are some kinks I'm not interested in.
3. If you choose to observe, in the end, he erases Jimmy's memories. It's just after lieutenant Kex scene and before entering the decontamination room.

No problem and thanks for participating. I'm just trying to understand why, particularly on a playthrough she was rejected and Lancelot chosen (by the way, in that scene in season 2, the conversation itself and her reaction when we aren't interested with being a father is strange, without forgetting her facial expressions).
The reason I'm shocked isn't that Morgana wants to have a baby from Jimmy, but more why she chooses Jimmy in the first place. And if she doesn't care about Jimmy's feeling like you're saying, it isn't necessary to interact with him anymore.

I think you're overthinking it a bit. Morgana talks about her attraction to the MC during her introduction/first sex scene, and she basically says that watching him interact with the nurse/MAX/Kex/Fox has made her curious about sex and physical intimacy and want to experience it. Iirc, she even creates/modifies a physical avatar specifically to attract the MC. The reason she becomes interested in him in particular is because he is a Mary Sue Chosen One and has a certain charm that makes even established straight men/lesbian women turn heads (or it could be his psionic powers are acting on them unconsciously or something).

She gets pregnant on the straight / f/m route after the second sex scene, and by that point she is already very jealous and possessive of the MC, especially if you chose Lancelot over her the first time. I got the impression that her pregnancy is her way of getting the MC to commit to her and pay attention to her (I'm not even sure if she is actually pregnant or not). Like when the he starts asking about the baby/when it's due/etc., she ignores him and sends him away. The goal seems to be to just attract the MC and have sex with him.
I know that I tend to over analyze. She is observing everything on board and doesn't want to get caught.
Everything in season 1 was fine but that new scene in season 2 is what made me want to understand where this is leading, even more when Lancelot was always chosen before. It doesn't make sense to have that kind of content if we refused it previously.

Like you 2 are saying, I'm trying to find a logic behind her actions from what the game has to offer. And I'm certainly searching too much in detail. But not understanding it is and will continue to bother me. There may even be no answer to what I seek. Again, thanks for sharing your points of view. It's very interesting.

Good continuation.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
1. You're right but I don't understand how what Chad's thinking has anything to do with Morgana.
Yeah... something has gone horribly wrong if you are still clinging to the Chad line o_O
You commented that if Morgana wanted a pretty boy she could have just chosen Chad, My response was intended as a (humorous) rejection of the idea that he is as attractive as the MC :p (it was intended as a throw away comment :cautious:)
3. If you choose to observe, in the end, he erases Jimmy's memories. It's just after lieutenant Kex scene and before entering the decontamination room.
My point was that Psychics are present and actively manipulating people, giving Morgana every opportunity to Observe & Learn.
No problem and thanks for participating. I'm just trying to understand why, particularly on a playthrough she was rejected and Lancelot chosen (by the way, in that scene in season 2, the conversation itself and her reaction when we aren't interested with being a father is strange, without forgetting her facial expressions).
The reason I'm shocked isn't that Morgana wants to have a baby from Jimmy, but more why she chooses Jimmy in the first place. And if she doesn't care about Jimmy's feeling like you're saying, it isn't necessary to interact with him anymore.
I have never chosen Lancelot so I have no knowledge of Morgana's reactions/dialogue on that route, all I got from your post is that she got herself pregnant by Jimmy despite his lack of interest, if there is more nuance beyond that, you need to elaborate.
I've already presented a number of theories why she might do this... as to her actual reasons I think that's just something we'll have to discover in due course as the story unfolds.
It's pretty obvious there is something special about our hero and several people have noticed, I don't understand why you'd think Morgana would be different given her advantages in regard to gathering intel.

Not to mention a simple fact of life is that many people are attracted to individuals who don't reciprocate those feelings... If you have never experienced this then I am profoundly jealous.

PS."... and thanks for participating..." comes across as very patronizing, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't intend it as such, there seems to be a communication barrier in play.

• Sad

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

Yeah... something has gone horribly wrong if you are still clinging to the Chad line o_O
You commented that if Morgana wanted a pretty boy she could have just chosen Chad, My response was intended as a (humorous) rejection of the idea that he is as attractive as the MC :p (it was intended as a throw away comment :cautious:)
Sorry, I took it too literally, though I do think Jimmy and Chad aren't that much different (2 dumbs jocks with a big penis, one long and the other thick).

I have never chosen Lancelot so I have no knowledge of Morgana's reactions/dialogue on that route, all I got from your post is that she got herself pregnant by Jimmy despite his lack of interest, if there is more nuance beyond that, you need to elaborate.
I've already presented a number of theories why she might do this... as to her actual reasons I think that's just something we'll have to discover in due course as the story unfolds.
It's pretty obvious there is something special about our hero and several people have noticed, I don't understand why you'd think Morgana would be different given her advantages in regard to gathering intel.

Not to mention a simple fact of life is that many people are attracted to individuals who don't reciprocate those feelings... If you have never experienced this then I am profoundly jealous.
I don't have any more relevant argument to add that I can think of.
It certainly took me some time to realize he was special (I just thought he was having too much imagination before constable Ayewn Vel'criox remark). Though, from my point of view, most characters on board are special.

I can understand it's not always reciprocated but it wouldn't come to my mind to have a child just because of a simple attraction.

PS."... and thanks for participating..." comes across as very patronizing, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't intend it as such, there seems to be a communication barrier in play.
I didn't think thanking people would be taken in a bad way. So again I'm sorry and it's probably better I stop doing so.
You don't seem to realize but it's actually very difficult to have a normal conversation in game threads here.

Yeah, english isn't my native language but, even in my mother tongue, it's difficult not to be misunderstood. So it's probably better to stop that conversation to avoid more misunderstandings.

Cood continuation.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
There seem to be several crossed wires between us, so I'm probably going end with this.
Sorry, I took it too literally, though I do think Jimmy and Chad aren't that much different (2 dumbs jocks with a big penis, one long and the other thick).
Thats part of the joke, I don't understand why you think physical attractiveness has any bearing on anything? I think I've made this point in every post (several times in some) yet you never responded. You just keep returning to beating on that drum.

FYI I don't really have an opinion of the comparative attractiveness of any of the male characters, Muscles and Penises are a turn off for me, I generally only venture down the Bi routes with characters that present as female (or least mostly feminine features).

I don't have any more relevant argument to add that I can think of.
It certainly took me some time to realize he was special (I just thought he was having too much imagination before constable Ayewn Vel'criox remark). Though, from my point of view, most characters on board are special.

I can understand it's not always reciprocated but it wouldn't come to my mind to have a child just because of a simple attraction.
Again with this assumption, I presented 6 alternative theories why an AI might want a baby, personally I think her "simple attraction" if it exists would be the least significant component of her decision making process. You admit he is special, Space Nuns from the other side of the Galaxy know he is special, Someone who sent a Shape changing poly-morph assassin after him knows he is special, Demons in an alternate dimension know he's special... Hell even his sister knows he is special!! why wouldn't an omnipresent AI know it :p

I didn't think thanking people would be taken in a bad way. So again I'm sorry and it's probably better I stop doing so.
it's not the "thanking" part that comes across as patronizing, it's the "... for participating..." part that could very easily read as
well, you have contributed nothing of value or interest, but thanks for turning up [hear it said in an overly cheerful insincere tone]
.​
I have no idea how the message is changed by whatever translation process you use or if the phrase is more innocent in your culture,
I'm only telling you this to give you a heads up about how could be interpreted. So if you find people are lashing out at you for no apparent reason it might be this.
(But Hell... maybe it's just me, I might be too jaded, too used to sarcastic people).

Yeah, english isn't my native language but, even in my mother tongue, it's difficult not to be misunderstood. So it's probably better to stop that conversation to avoid more misunderstandings.
There is no way to prevent possible misunderstanding. the best we can do is try to be patient and understand what we can and accept it might take several attempts to communicate whatever we hoped to communicate, it's not necessarily anyone's "fault".

But like I said at the beginning of this post, this will probably be my last post on this conversation, I've said a lot and little of it seems to have been received. If you don't respond, "no hard feelings, have a happy life!", if you do, then understand I might not respond unless something new is said that doesn't force to me to repeat something from a previous post. I've repeated myself too often already, I really hate sounding like a broken record.

Last edited:

WazawaiDa

May 8, 2023
View attachment 3373780
I cant seem to continue my last saved game... This pops up then it goes back to main menu...
You've reached the end of the current content, Season 2 hasn't been finished yet. Unfortunately, you'll have to go back to a previous save for now to see some of the missions you didn't get to do.

The new update will be coming out later this month, and the schedule for the year has also just been posted, so you can see what the future updates will contain.

Jan 1, 2023
You've reached the end of the current content, Season 2 hasn't been finished yet. Unfortunately, you'll have to go back to a previous save for now to see some of the missions you didn't get to do.

The new update will be coming out later this month, and the schedule for the year has also just been posted, so you can see what the future updates will contain.
Thnx appreciate it...

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

Thanks for the explainations. Like you are saying, it seems we are talking about the same thing but something else at the same time. Even though we reached the end of this conversation, I feel like there are some precisions I need to provide. Or maybe I'm still in the wrong, sorry.

Thats part of the joke, I don't understand why you think physical attractiveness has any bearing on anything? I think I've made this point in every post (several times in some) yet you never responded. You just keep returning to beating on that drum.

FYI I don't really have an opinion of the comparative attractiveness of any of the male characters, Muscles and Penises are a turn off for me, I generally only venture down the Bi routes with characters that present as female (or least mostly feminine features).

Again with this assumption, I presented 6 alternative theories why an AI might want a baby, personally I think her "simple attraction" if it exists would be the least significant component of her decision making process. You admit he is special, Space Nuns from the other side of the Galaxy know he is special, Someone who sent a Shape changing poly-morph assassin after him knows he is special, Demons in an alternate dimension know he's special... Hell even his sister knows he is special!! why wouldn't an omnipresent AI know it :p
For Chad, I was talking about build/type/category, not attractiveness.

The reason I'm so focused on attraction is because it's the only motive for Morgana to react like this from what I feel in game. Your other theories are good and interesting but I don't sense them yet. Or I'm just stupid.
The game also often mention his over sized dick like he is more or less reduced to it. We are also presented a prophecy several times. But again, it doesn't explain Morgana's case.

Yes, he is special, but not the special one. Most of the characters we met are special in their own way.

it's not the "thanking" part that comes across as patronizing, it's the "... for participating..." part that could very easily read as
.​
I have no idea how the message is changed by whatever translation process you use or if the phrase is more innocent in your culture,
I'm only telling you this to give you a heads up about how could be interpreted. So if you find people are lashing out at you for no apparent reason it might be this.
(But Hell... maybe it's just me, I might be too jaded, too used to sarcastic people).
I didn't think it could be understood that way. Now, I feel bad and not sure how I should express the reason for my thanks anymore (either I should stop or a simple thanks).

I hope I've cleared even a little my previous messages with this.

Good continuation.

Reactions: Stil996

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
I didn't think it could be understood that way. Now, I feel bad and not sure how I should express the reason for my thanks anymore (either I should stop or a simple thanks).
Try "thank you for your valuable input". Sure, people can still take it the wrong way (well, anything can be taken the wrong way when read in a sarcastic tone), but it's better than "thank you for participating". Even I would read that in a negative way and I'm European, just because I'm aware of Participation Trophees, which are handed out just for showing up.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
I didn't think it could be understood that way. Now, I feel bad and not sure how I should express the reason for my thanks anymore (either I should stop or a simple thanks)...
Try "thank you for your valuable input". Sure, people can still take it the wrong way (well, anything can be taken the wrong way when read in a sarcastic tone), but it's better than "thank you for participating". Even I would read that in a negative way and I'm European, just because I'm aware of Participation Trophees, which are handed out just for showing up.
I don't think the global use of "valuable" is necessary either, IMO nobody should need a pat on the head for engaging in a discussion, if something in particular is said that you feel is insightful or otherwise worthy of recognition, then by all means comment on it specifically, but IMO the best way to thank someone "for participating" is to simply engage with whatever they are talking about.
Ulitmately in a forum like this, clicking the "like" icon in the bottom right of their post has to be the easiest way of giving the "validation" you seem to be aiming for. (and I can't think of a way that could be construed negatively)

4.10 star(s) 168 Votes