Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
Hit 30% and update ends there I think? Seems short but hopefully next one will continue longer, thanks for the update and upload!
There was no point in increasing the progression cap, because it would just add useless grind to the game. Due to the nature of the story in 0.9 the images I had to render were almost double the amount you would see when playing, so this was the most I could do. There is even a scene missing if you choose to stay with Amelia, but it was too late to do it, because that would've meant missing the release date. Anyway, in 0.10 you'd have the option to switch the woman staying with you, which would mean adding the additional 0.9 scenes to the gameplay and it would also add significant progress to the story bringing it close to finishing. I intend for the end of June release (0.11 if you will) to be the final one and to start working on a sort-of-a-sequel.

Reactions: kippei

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Here's my crunched version.

Lossy compression (means image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller) is used. You've been warned so no bitching.

Spaced Out v1.0.0 - Original Size: 1.68GB - Updated July 5, 2018

Download PC Windows (103MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Anyone has save file up to end of 0.8? My HDD died and I lost all my save files.

Ashman31522

Apr 29, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 1607, in script
if (quest_make_a_plan.finished and not quest_captured.active):
File "game/script.rpy", line 1609, in <module>
elif (quest_captured.finished):
AttributeError: 'QuestRequirement' object has no attribute 'finished'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
if (quest_make_a_plan.finished and not quest_captured.active):
File "C:\Users\Ashley\Desktop\spaced_out-0.9.0-win-crunched\renpy\ast.py", line 1656, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "C:\Users\Ashley\Desktop\spaced_out-0.9.0-win-crunched\renpy\python.py", line 1749, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "C:\Users\Ashley\Desktop\spaced_out-0.9.0-win-crunched\renpy\python.py", line 1743, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
elif (quest_captured.finished):

So this is all I get trying to play this game, any clues?

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
1.3 gig to 82 mb?
Gotta give this a try, that's an insane level of compression...
Webp is pretty badass, and it helps that all the original images were png (YUGE!) and only 1280x720. Feedback is welcomed. But just from you.

Reactions: Red27
Apr 15, 2018
I'm getting tons of "An exception has occurred" screens whenever in any room & clicking on screen.

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\Downloads\spaced_out-090-win\spaced_out-0.9.0-win\renpy\ast.py", line 1656, in execute
  File "C:\Users\Downloads\spaced_out-090-win\spaced_out-0.9.0-win\renpy\python.py", line 1749, in py_eval
  File "C:\Users\Downloads\spaced_out-090-win\spaced_out-0.9.0-win\renpy\python.py", line 1743, in py_eval_bytecode

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Spaced Out 0.9.0

mileyvirus

Oct 29, 2017
I'm getting tons of "An exception has occurred" screens whenever in any room & clicking on screen.

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\Downloads\spaced_out-090-win\spaced_out-0.9.0-win\renpy\ast.py", line 1656, in execute
  File "C:\Users\Downloads\spaced_out-090-win\spaced_out-0.9.0-win\renpy\python.py", line 1749, in py_eval
  File "C:\Users\Downloads\spaced_out-090-win\spaced_out-0.9.0-win\renpy\python.py", line 1743, in py_eval_bytecode

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Spaced Out 0.9.0
same here. its unplayable

KeiranD

Aug 6, 2016
1.3 gig to 82 mb?
Gotta give this a try, that's an insane level of compression...
Not really, almost all patreon devs don't care about compressing and file formats at all, so pretty much all games have size quite a few times more than they should have. I bet most games out there could be reduced to at the very least half the size without any noticeable loss of quality of files.
Good thing we have people who know compression exists, lots of thanks to @bossapplesauce

Also yeah looks like new version has bugged scripts.

Reactions: bas

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Spaced Out 0.9.0
same here. its unplayable
Two questions for each of you - 1) are you using my compressed version or the original? 2) are you using an old save or started a new game? Thanks

Reactions: OleJackRipper

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Not really, almost all patreon devs don't care about compressing and file formats at all, so pretty much all games have size quite a few times more than they should have. I bet most games out there could be reduced to at the very least half the size without any noticeable loss of quality of files.
Good thing we have people who know compression exists, lots of thanks to @bossapplesauce
Oh, I'm aware of that.
If bossapplesauce had compressed it to 300-500 mb I wouldn't have thought anything about it except job well done, but down to 82 seems very impressive.

Ashman31522

Apr 29, 2018
Two questions for each of you - 1) are you using my compressed version or the original? 2) are you using an old save or started a new game? Thanks
I downloaded original post and whenever I clicked on screen it came uo with the error, after I downloaded the compressed version and now it goes straight to the error screen. 1st time trying to play this game so no previous save

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Here's a bugfix patch for the original version. The dev has an error in his class declaration. I've already fixed this in my compressed version here:

EDIT - dev posted a bugfix. Please download from the OP.

Please put this file in your \game folder, start a new game and let me know if you have any more issues so I can try to fix them.

I don't have time to go through this game myself today, so please reply to this post or @ me so I get a notification.

@Ashman31522 @Weldon @mileyvirus

Apr 15, 2018
Here's a bugfix patch for the original and my compressed version. The dev has an error in his class declaration.

Please put this in your \game folder, start a new game and let me know if you have any more issues so I can try to fix them.

I don't have time to go through this game myself today, so please reply to this post or @ me so I get a notification.

@Ashman31522 @Weldon @mileyvirus
Cool. I'll have to redownload since I deleted game & will let you know. Thanks!

3.10 star(s) 39 Votes