shazdeh

Sep 3, 2017
My save at the end of v0.8
My apologies for being a noob, but how do you load this? I put this in game/saves folder but I still see only my saves.

I'm caught in a loop in the "Make a plan" task which says, "have to wait for Rebecca, she'll tell when she's ready" but nothing comes after that.

Griffhor14

May 29, 2017
So, (spoiler) does anybody still want to save Lana? Because I would be happy with her sharing the fate of Jack and Megan at this point.

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
View attachment 97084

Where is "this file"? I am not seeing it in anywhere. Also does this mean that 0.8 saves are not compatible with 0.9?

FYI:eek:pening console and typing QuestRequirement.finished=True will skip you way ahead (at least for me) and QuestRequirement.finished=False seems to be an infinite loop (maybe or just need to hit the right trigger).

edit: added '.finished' to QuestRequirement object.
The bugfix was for v0.9 and the dev fixed it in v0.9.1.

XKimky

Jul 23, 2017
So umm I seems to be stuck, cant do anything unless I'm missing something, did the first clothes quest and now nothing happen, tried to interact in the main room and I still got the same message about the station. No other option except repairing solar panel that is now at 105% with lots of energy but I dont have any other option.

Vers. 9.1, Thanks.

tizz

Apr 5, 2018
Try communicating with earth at 0:00 or after, have fun :p
Also the info button top left should have some info on what to do next, sometimes you just need to idle a bit and wait for something to happen. The end of the version is very clearly announced.

katmandomo

Feb 10, 2018
Is 0.9.1 "done" once you've maxxed out the equation? I'm getting the same scenes night after night in all of the rooms. There also doesn't appear to be a way to swap out your roommate to get the other scenes? I went back and replayed the earlier save to get them all, but even with both paths the story seemed to peter out rather quickly. I guess the content was a bit abbreviated in this version due to the backend changes to the game engine?

Is there some way to get the dinner scene to repeat? I had it trigger once on the mom route and twice on the aunt route, but after that it never triggered again.

carbonatedman

Donor
Apr 13, 2018
@katmandomo

Equation maxes at 30% currently, and game just continues in an infinite loop.
To trigger the 3way/voyeur scene get your arousal up to 60 or higher, then skip doing anything with mom/rebecca both times during the day. When dinner is brought to you the scene should play out.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit:
Adding this in here to avoid a double post.
This is unrelated to my comment above the dotted line.

Okay so here's few thoughts I'm having right now.

Just got the game yesterday.

Finished it a few hours ago.

This mostly just a bunch of my opinions & impressions about the overall gameplay and story while it's still fresh in my mind.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

All in all, it's okay.
I'd say 6/10 maybe 6.5/10
But it's still in development, so it'll probably get a lot better as time goes on.

I know the narrative is fucking weird, but seeing how long the game has been in the process of being made, I really wish more of it available to us by now. Even if it meant just retroactively adding in a couple more lines of dialogue or hints of what was going on on the station through a patch or 2. Let us read some files or watch some logs and see what was going on on the station leading up to the incident. Since we know now that Lana was never on our side (and considering there was literally NO indication of this at all before hand) maybe go back to some of her old dialogue and add in a slip-up or two to her lines that leaves Greg or Mom scratching their heads in confusion while she's panicking to change the subject real quick or getting nervous and telling us "oh nevermind, I meant to say something else."

The player being so thoroughly in the dark at this point seems awkward.
It's well over a month in narratively (closing in on 2 months at this point I think) and he all basically knows is he's got something other people want to use, and the people who want to use him are dangerous. The station he's trapped on is dangerous. The military wants everyone dead. And he needs to find a way to protect Himself, Mom, and Rebecca. He knows Lana turned before the the station went crazy, but there doesn't seem to be any indication I could find from him about whether or not he is still concerned with her safety anymore. Just the hint that he doesn't really trust her.

Anyway /end_rant

Hope to see more updates soon.
Will come back and play again because I am fairly intrigued by this one.

Just had a few gripes/concerns and wanted to share my thoughts on this game.

carbonatedman

Donor
Apr 13, 2018
nope.

I was just kind writing down everything in my head at the moment, but the moment passed.

Although, in retrospect, I am quite happy with the plot synopsis I tossed in the middle of that wall of text.
Don't really think it could be shorted without losing some of the spirit and gravitas of it.

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
Unfortunately, you've just described what IS happening.

The dev has already announced that the game will be finished in two more updates, so we end up with grinding for 80% of the game for no other reason than, well, because....
Then we get the bullet train ending.
Yep - the game will end in a couple of releases. I'm just wondering what up until now gave you the impression that anything that goes on the station is under Greg's control, so you expect the ending will be somewhat different? Sometimes in life stuff's happening and all we can do is try to get the most of it.

carbonatedman

Donor
Apr 13, 2018
I didn't. No idea where the ending is going, and it is fairly obvious Greg has no control over his situation.

I was merely stating that to me it seems a little odd (maybe even a tiny bit disingenuous) that, during the month and change he spent on the station before his capture, he didn't spend more time with the computer systems readily available to him looking for anything he could find to get even just a few answers.

I still find the story intriguing, and obviously it's not mine to tell, but that thought just kind of struck me while I was playing. And once it was there it never really went away. Admittedly, the AI *is* still seen as an ever present danger at that point, but it would fighting against that instinctual urge humans have to know what we're up against.
Add in his constant exposure to the room that suppresses feelings of guilt or concern of consequences, and it just seems to me like it would have seemed like very rational decision to make.
We're a very inquisitive species after all. Knowing our surroundings, our limits, our adversities...
All very basic human drives.
I suppose at this point though, it's possible that I'm just transposing my own philosophical principles onto Greg since he is the PC/Protagonist.

But again. I would like to reiterate that I still find it to be a good vn.
The differences it has to other games in this genre are very welcome.
Plus the potshots taken at games like Big Brother were kind of funny.
Over all it kept me entertained throughout, which I suppose is what really gave me the impetus to write that long winded critique above.

Having just found it the other day, I did not know this project was so close to being completed.
Saw that the OP is about 2 years old, and kind of skimmed through a few posts at random, but didn't see anythnig mentioning that the end is nigh.
Now I'm a little conflicted.
Simultaneously can't wait to see the finished product, and kind of wish there were a lot more updates planned.
lol

Reactions: Ranger

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
I didn't. No idea where the ending is going, and it is fairly obvious Greg has no control over his situation.

I was merely stating that to me it seems a little odd (maybe even a tiny bit disingenuous) that, during the month and change he spent on the station before his capture, he didn't spend more time with the computer systems readily available to him looking for anything he could find to get even just a few answers.

I still find the story intriguing, and obviously it's not mine to tell, but that thought just kind of struck me while I was playing. And once it was there it never really went away. Admittedly, the AI *is* still seen as an ever present danger at that point, but it would fighting against that instinctual urge humans have to know what we're up against.
Add in his constant exposure to the room that suppresses feelings of guilt or concern of consequences, and it just seems to me like it would have seemed like very rational decision to make.
We're a very inquisitive species after all. Knowing our surroundings, our limits, our adversities...
All very basic human drives.
I suppose at this point though, it's possible that I'm just transposing my own philosophical principles onto Greg since he is the PC/Protagonist.

But again. I would like to reiterate that I still find it to be a good vn.
The differences it has to other games in this genre are very welcome.
Plus the potshots taken at games like Big Brother were kind of funny.
Over all it kept me entertained throughout, which I suppose is what really gave me the impetus to write that long winded critique above.

Having just found it the other day, I did not know this project was so close to being completed.
Saw that the OP is about 2 years old, and kind of skimmed through a few posts at random, but didn't see anythnig mentioning that the end is nigh.
Now I'm a little conflicted.
Simultaneously can't wait to see the finished product, and kind of wish there were a lot more updates planned.
lol
AFAIR the first release was Sept 2017, so even if we add the couple of months of learning DAZ and RenPy and actually writing 0.1, it is still less than a year old. It was never meant to be a long running project and/or a "milking cow", so a year is a reasonable time to complete it.

As for the "rushed" ending, the moment what's in the hangar gets unleashed and gets in the living section, it's game over for Greg and the others. Completely out of anyone's control.

About the initial pace of life on the station... they were relatively safe, no immediate threats, had hope that Earth might help, so I don't find it that unbelievable that they didn't want to confront the AI. Stay safe and wait for the rescue is the basics for any hostage situation.

Reactions: UncleVT

katmandomo

Feb 10, 2018
One thing I really didn't like with the latest version was the way it added the "click through the same sex scene 100 times to keep the story moving". So many H games fall in this trap and this one had done a remarkable job of avoiding it until the latest version. It's numbing. I'm just clicking as fast as I can to race through the sex scene and that's bad.

I felt really bad for the mom/aunt being locked in a tiny room to do her twice daily blowjob/footjob chore on this guy who hasn't had a shower in weeks. Lucky thing he apparently isn't old enough to need to shave.

3.10 star(s) 39 Votes