Ren'Py Abandoned Spanish Playa [v1.0] [SpanishPlaya_Dev]

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
And to those wondering, I absolutely despise sandbox games, they are worse than RPGM, and I can tell you right now (at least in its current version), that the sandbox portion of this game is not an issue. There is no grind or hide-and-seek triggers, just simple navigation through your home and the school. The game is mostly a Visual Novel (hopefully it stays like that). So just give the game a try and forget the sandbox tag.
can also atest for that

Reactions: dirheim

SpanishPlaya_Dev

Game Developer
Sep 24, 2020
That is a bullshit take and beyond rude. The English was fine for the most part, only a few misuse of words (like using "least" when he should have used "last" in sentence). Youre overreacting, as long as you can read the comment and you can tell what the dev is trying to say, its not an issue. If you had to leave in the first 5 minutes then you were determined to not like the game to begin with.

Oh and the renders? Yea I thought they were great. They are mostly unique looking and there are a variety of body types. Not a single fat chick so the plus-sized model comment is meaningless (there was one mature woman in the game who is a little chubby out of like the 20 models), also, if you are not into big ass/tits, then why did you even download this game to begin with?

dev, this was REALLY good for the first version, truly. There are a ton of models for the first version, and they are all beautiful. Story was simple enough, not too extreme or too remedial. Sure, the English could use some work, but I will never hold it against a non-native English speaker. I have seen English native devs that have worse English than this so I cant be too harsh.
I know... I know...

I'm aware of some misspellings that I write down and I try to fix them whenever I can. I know that when translating between Spanish and English it is very important to pay attention to passive and active sentences. Some native english speakers could find active sentences unusual... And maybe other stuff that could be written in more "natural" way.

But I HARDLY THINK I've murdered english. :ROFLMAO:

I understand that some people really care about perfect English syntax...

Thanks for your kind words! I care more about the way you relate to the characters than the story. I think it's more fun like this (and more related to 'Spain lifestyle' as well).

Last edited:

ni-se-sabe

Jul 6, 2017
If there aren't beach bars (chiringuitos), condoms floating in water and street vendors (¡hay Camy bombon helado!) in the game, don't count on me. I don't like science fiction.

P.D. Estoy de coña. Suerte con el proyecto.

SpanishPlaya_Dev

Game Developer
Sep 24, 2020
And to those wondering, I absolutely despise sandbox games, they are worse than RPGM, and I can tell you right now (at least in its current version), that the sandbox portion of this game is not an issue. There is no grind or hide-and-seek triggers, just simple navigation through your home and the school. The game is mostly a Visual Novel (hopefully it stays like that). So just give the game a try and forget the sandbox tag.
I honestly don't know which tag to put on my game: Visual Novel or Sandbox.

For me, this game works like a visual novel. Anyway, I'll let the forum decide on this.

Señor98

Oct 22, 2019
uf se ve muy bueno los render segui asi , yo voy a esperar unas par de actualizaciones mas xq me gustan los juegos largos , pero le voy a echar un ojo cada tanto .

HueyFreeman32

Jun 3, 2018
after the prologue and u get to the house what do i do? i go from the mc room, bathroom and the two ladies rooms and thats all the options i see. i dont know how to progress any further

FriedPasta

Apr 22, 2018
Tarraco? This is new, I have never seen an Spanish game in here lol.
Voy a disfrutar de unas bonitas vistas en Tarragona, gracias!

ni-se-sabe

Jul 6, 2017
I honestly don't know which tag to put on my game: Visual Novel or Sandbox.

For me, this game works like a visual novel. Anyway, I'll let the forum decide on this.
Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VII Remake are so different that mechanically they're two different games, and yet still are considered JRPG games. Role palying games based on a linear plot and less freedom than their western counterparts. If the game is based on progression of the story sequentially, it's a visual novel. The rest of mechanics are the means for obtain the main purpose.

The courteous doesn't take away the brave.

Reactions: SpanishPlaya_Dev
Jun 23, 2019
Anyone else getting error going to bed after Yoga scene?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/RPY/HomeMap.rpy", line 615, in script
    jump chap_HUB
ScriptError: could not find label 'chap_HUB'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/RPY/HomeMap.rpy", line 615, in script
    jump chap_HUB
  File "D:\Downloads\SpanishPlaya-1.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "D:\Downloads\SpanishPlaya-1.0-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'chap_HUB'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Spanish Playa 1.0
Fri Oct 02 18:50:17 2020

Reactions: SirBobby

elysium1988

Sep 21, 2017
Just finished playing and this is actually pretty decent. A universe filled with a lot of hot girls, absolutely love that. Really good renders and a decent storyline. Its apparently a sandbox game but not the grindy kind and is just a simple sandbox with instructions to follow. More or less linear in gameplay.

Only negative I found was the English, I mean it is definitely understandable, maybe 85-90% understandable but there are major grammar and comprehension issues here and there. Maybe the creator could ask (or hire) someone to help him with the translation but nonetheless its still decent English when you consider that English is the developer's second language.

All in all its a good game. Also a good amount of content for first release. Hopefully we can see more sex contents in the upcoming updates.

A question for the developer, I do not see a harem tag but seeing the absolute large number of girls in the game, there is a harem route/storyline, right? right? SpanishPlaya_Dev

Reactions: SpanishPlaya_Dev

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
well i downloaded this game with very low expectations...because a majority of the NEW GAMES are ither trash or else stuff im just not very interested in at all....i give credit where its due and this game has surprised me somewhat...been playing about a good hour or 2 (REAL TIME...not ingame time)not saying the game is great BUT deserves SOME credit
so far my only complaints are i hate the navigation system (likely the biggest part of making this game get over and beyond the 3 to 5 min mark)another thing this game needs is time killers ..(being able to sit in coffee shop...living room or nap,etc)
another complaint is to much reading and ill leave it at that as i dont wanna come across as an asshole
just thank goodness for UnRen-dev.bat so i can skip...suppose a walkthrough would be nice too
currently id like to skip to next day as theres absolutely nothing to do...nobody is home and i cant leave the house
i click on my bed SO TIRED but yet doesnt have options of sleep?
only reason why ive bothered to hang in there and got as far as i have is BECAUSE im that board and dont have anything worth while playing OTHER then my completed saved games collection that im keeping for myself...ive made it this far into game so wanna see where it goes and how it ends

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 3 Votes