doccop63

Oct 16, 2022
You raise some good points. I've run through it twice, once on the Pride path and once on the Submission. The Pride path felt like it had a lot more room left to explore, probably because at this point it feels underexplored and underdeveloped compared to Submission. I didn't do a scene count or anything but Submission felt subjectively like it has a ton more content, and yeah, it does feel like it's nearly reached a logical conclusion unless
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The dev is aware that the hopelessness of Laura's plight is oppressive, which is why he includes so many surreally silly and comedic scenes. My personal preference would have been to give Laura a path to fight back and resist while remaining tonally consistent (maybe we'll see it in Special Request 2: Even Deeper in a More Corrupting Web of Corruption, and I really would love to see a sequel with different characters and a better title than the one I just invented). I really do think that letting Laura make legitimate progress against her persecutors would be a more effective way of lightening the mood than having non sequitur comedic interludes, but then apparently I'm the only one who finds those jarring so I won't climb up on that horse again.

That said, this is my favorite game going right now, and I'm looking forward to more.
I stated the same thing awhile back about letting Laura make Some kind of progress against her tormentors. The story was supposed to be about corruption true but, the corruption was instantly imposed, leading most reasonable people to believe that somewhere in the story, she could resolve who put her in that situation. Of Course, I had a couple of responses that thought I wanted an instant solution (which goes to show how much reading comprehension they had).
Even if it Is the submission route, if there's no chance for Laura to figure out who betrayed her from the start and make some legitimate progress, the story just becomes a weak sex fest which should dispense with any choices that she makes since the endgame is moot.

Senor Smut

Aug 11, 2020
Yeah, happens to me, too. We had a discussion with the developer and he also saw that he tried do incorporate too much into the game. He will cut it down from now on and also had other changes in mind. He sounded very reflected and I am giving him time to do so.

I also would have expected that this game will be done after 3 or 4 more updates, but he said that is just around midway.

Yeah, but they do not fit in. This game has a serious, almost dark theme. The comedic scenes are totally breaking immersion (as well as some other scenes). But I have to say I liked the bicicle-"lending"-scene.

But yeah, too much fat in all directions. And I think it is better to end a game in time instead of making all kinds of spin-offs to the main story in order to prolongue the journey. Better but all the ideas in a second game, without all the beginner-mistakes. But the developer said it will be better and fine from now on.

About the spiler: Try the flag next to the smilie.
I agree with your perceptions about this game being almost finished -- I don't know how much further the Submission route can even go. And to tell the truth, I'm more excited to see what the dev does with all the lessons learned in his next game. The whole blackmail/submission/resistance thing is very fertile ground and he's shown that he understand what makes it hot. I think wrapping up SR fairly quickly and getting on to a fresh canvas would give the best results.

But hey, I don't know what the guy has planned.

Reactions: zaqrwe

zaqrwe

Jun 29, 2018
I agree with your perceptions about this game being almost finished -- I don't know how much further the Submission route can even go. And to tell the truth, I'm more excited to see what the dev does with all the lessons learned in his next game. The whole blackmail/submission/resistance thing is very fertile ground and he's shown that he understand what makes it hot. I think wrapping up SR fairly quickly and getting on to a fresh canvas would give the best results.

But hey, I don't know what the guy has planned.
"Fairly quickly" would not be so bad, but I really hope it won't become "very quickly". I saw a fair share of games that were ended in a rush, disregarding much of the story to draw any sort of conclusion. I really hope this game will not become one of them.

Also the pride route would have potential to be expanded more, but from the other hand, it doesn't fit as much into to the whole blackmail thing as the submission does. Actually I think the game would look better as whole even without branching to Pride route, but instead with mentioned earlier progress in Laura's attempts to fight back. Because it would get rid of branch that just fit less in the genre, incorporate the actual investigating into main unavoidable story parts, and give the protagonist some of much appeciated relief over her situation. And to add to this, it would be less hassle for the dev, as he could stop writing entire separate branch. Branch which at the end of the day, is not so different from the main one, just less extensive, so in turn probably way less popular.

Well.. I'm also curious what ideas dev would have for the next game, and how much better it could be, but as for now, I want this one to be properly finished first.

4.20 star(s) 59 Votes