Unity Spending a Month with My Sister [v.2023.11] [Yakumo milk]

3.60 star(s) 23 Votes

Dicktator6.9

Dec 20, 2023
The one in the main post is the 2D version yes, but it's outdated. For the latest release see this post by U358.
The 1st set of links is for the 3D version as of April 2024, and the 2nd set of links is the final 2D version from December 2023.
Thank you I appreciate it! Just curious, why not have the latest version of the 2D on the main post?

Also, very based of you to upload the newest RE update.

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
so... the game has an english option in settings, but dialogue is still japanese... (but menus and shop items are from a quick 10 minute look, which is nice... but very limited)
haven't touched the game for awhile, so...
what do I need to do/use to get the dialogue translated in this newest version? (not worried about cheating or censor)

TehSeph

Apr 17, 2018
so... the game has an english option in settings, but dialogue is still japanese... (but menus and shop items are from a quick 10 minute look, which is nice... but very limited)
haven't touched the game for awhile, so...
what do I need to do/use to get the dialogue translated in this newest version? (not worried about cheating or censor)
  • Loads the following plugins
  • - Generates machine translations
  • Kumarin's Cheat Plugin - Injects the XUAT translations
  • (Optional) Butler's Translation (~75% compatible with RE if you don't want 100% MTL)
Normally you only need BepInEx and XUAT to translate Unity games, but this game is loading it's text in such a way that the translations are being generated but not actually applied. Kumarin's plugin patches the set_Text method and allows them to load properly.

Last edited:

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
  • Loads the following plugins
  • - Generates machine translations
  • Kumarin's Cheat Plugin - Injects the XUAT translations
  • (Optional) Butler's Translation (~75% compatible with RE if you don't want 100% MTL)
Normally you only need BepInEx and XUAT to translate Unity games, but this game is loading it's text in such a way that the translations are being generated but not actually applied. Kumarin's plugin patches the set_Text method and allows them to load properly.
okay, followed and did all that (minus butler's... so far, leery due to Butler's being for 2023 ver.) and it works but holy hell... it's... really bad MTL.
Untitled.jpg

yikes...
noticed that sometimes it seems to have perfectly good translations, which then switch to... well, the above. (*edit*, to make clearer, it has what seems to be a good translation which you only see for split second, then wipes and replaces with weird crap like the "IT WILL BE FUN WHEN")
weird.
urgh.

Last edited:

DenseFool

Oct 30, 2020
(minus butler's... so far, leery due to Butler's being for 2023 ver.)
His translation is compatible with all versions, Only time something shouldn't work with newer versions is if a line changes and then that specific line will just be MTL. But most lines remain the same so its no problem. Even partial translation is better than bad MTL.

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
His translation is compatible with all versions, Only time something shouldn't work with newer versions is if a line changes and then that specific line will just be MTL. But most lines remain the same so its no problem. Even partial translation is better than bad MTL.
yeah, just one problem, I added butler's translation after reading your post and... nothing changed, it's still terrible MTL.

eh, maybe I set something up wrong...?
or do I need to switch back to japanese in settings for Butler's translation to work?
wish butler would start working on the newer versions of the game, as after looking in their thread, seems the newer versions of the game aren't compatible?

Last edited:
Reactions: DenseFool

DenseFool

Oct 30, 2020
yeah, just one problem, I added butler's translation after reading your post and... nothing changed, it's still terrible MTL.

or do I need to switch back to japanese in settings for Butler's translation to work?
wish butler would start working on the newer versions.
Not sure, I only tested it on the older RE versions. Either way, It uses BepInEx so thats why it should be universal.

TehSeph

Apr 17, 2018

wish butler would start working on the newer versions of the game, as after looking in their thread, seems the newer versions of the game aren't compatible?
Exactly as DenseFool says, the only time XUAT translations don't universally work across different versions (and even different games) is when the original line of text has changed. That is why I said Butler's is ~75% compatible, because quite a few lines have changed between the RE and Original versions of the game and those lines will have to be MTL. Also, no, you don't need to change the game's language to JP.

okay, followed and did all that (minus butler's... so far, leery due to Butler's being for 2023 ver.) and it works but holy hell... it's... really bad MTL.
View attachment 3597623

yikes...
noticed that sometimes it seems to have perfectly good translations, which then switch to... well, the above. (*edit*, to make clearer, it has what seems to be a good translation which you only see for split second, then wipes and replaces with weird crap like the "IT WILL BE FUN WHEN")
weird.
urgh.
As for the lines being partially translated and then swapping to all-caps MTL... That's a side-effect of what I mentioned above about how the game is loading it's lines. Basically it'll partially load a line, which is recognized by XUAT and translated, then it'll load the 2nd half of the line causing XUAT to read it as a new line of mismatched EN with JP mixed, then XUAT runs that "new" line through MTL and MTL obviously gets confused generating all-caps nonsense... Not much can be done to fix this other than writing another plugin specific to this game to patch XUAT (similar to how Kumarin's plugin fixes existing translations) or manually fixing each of those split lines. For example:
Code:
いやぁ目が覚めたら楽しくなっちゃって。=Well, I woke up and was having fun.
Well, I woke up and was having fun.\n二度寝できなかったから起きちゃった。=Well, I woke up and was having fun.\nI couldn't go back to sleep again, so I got up.
Both of these are needed to properly translate the single line: いやぁ目が覚めたら楽しくなっちゃって。\n二度寝できなかったから起きちゃった。 because the game stops and reloads the line after the \n (new line) which confuses XUAT causing a re-translation of the already partially translated line.

I don't want to promise anything, since I'm not sure yet if I will or won't upload it, but I'm working on my own translation of the RE version using a combination of Butler's, MTL, and my own JP understanding...

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 23 Votes