3.80 star(s) 58 Votes

torkenstiem

May 1, 2017
So...if you're funding the guy more than $1 and aren't happy with his output, maaaaaybe drop down to $1 or drop out entirely? Just a thought. Otherwise, I can't see much else helping at this point.
This should be done to a lot of others that are just out to milk the gravy train.

Reactions: rKnight

dartis

Oct 15, 2016
There are pages and pages of ranting about Akabur at ULMF and he's honestly just not worth the hassle. He's Russian and the fact that Russians abuse any money making system, that they can get their hands on, is as obvious a fact as fire is hot. Ow! Don't touch.

So far, he's got PT:Gold under his good games belt and that's barely anything. As a content creator he's an Edgelord who has had a history of spewing venom at people for complaining on release day of Witch Trainer. Giving a shit about him is just not worth the energy.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
in the end, nobody is forcing anyone to pay. patrons can do whatever they want with their money. this endless ranting about russians are greedy is pointless, we all know that humans are greedy no matter where they live. but this is not about greedy, this is about jealousy, its about "YOU". Akabur gets lots of support and you think he is not worth it. if they like it, if they think its worth it, why judge at all? its not your money.
why talk about that at all, this thread should be about his games and what we think about that, about release dates, about info/rumors.

the game is interesting but grindy. like most of his games. its his style.
i think the game need more CG/animation. too much the same and after a while it gets boring.
but, i think it could be great, if he just add more, so im interested in the next release and i also hope the next girl is hot!

Gio

Modder
Aug 12, 2016
in the end, nobody is forcing anyone to pay. patrons can do whatever they want with their money. this endless ranting about russians are greedy is pointless, we all know that humans are greedy no matter where they live. but this is not about greedy, this is about jealousy, its about "YOU". Akabur gets lots of support and you think he is not worth it. if they like it, if they think its worth it, why judge at all? its not your money.
why talk about that at all, this thread should be about his games and what we think about that, about release dates, about info/rumors.

the game is interesting but grindy. like most of his games. its his style.
i think the game need more CG/animation. too much the same and after a while it gets boring.
but, i think it could be great, if he just add more, so im interested in the next release and i also hope the next girl is hot!
amen brother amen :D

Almighty

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2017
Got dammit I'm here thinking we got a new update. lol. Since I always view with latest post on the forums.

Deepsea

Apr 20, 2017
nobody is forcing anyone to pay.
What are patreon backer only posts that you can only view if you "donate" to the artist. That's kind of like the justification for DLC in games, no one's forcing you to pay but if you want the complete experience or to view all the art, you have to.
Don't defend patreon or Akabur. He's greedy and patreon is a broken system that has no security for the patron which allows him to exploit it, end of story.

but this is not about greedy, this is about jealousy, its about "YOU". Akabur gets lots of support and you think he is not worth it. if they like it, if they think its worth it, why judge at all? its not your money.
Me? Buddy, why am I here then? I pirate this shit so I don't waste my money like some goy giving $50 damn bucks to a barely started RPG Maker game. I'm just a random guy on the internet, it will never be about me. You on the other hand attempting to defend this I am interested in. I wonder how many bucks a month you waste "supporting" some russian artist who's made over six figures since starting.

CodeMonkey

May 31, 2017
wait akabur is russian? where does he live? because if it's russia, an average months wage comes out to about $88 US give or take conversion rates of the day.

so dunno, if he lives in the US depending on where, what he makes barely covers living expenses in some areas so... dunno.

P.s. I know this sounds hypocritical but I don't think a thread about the game is a good place to have a discussion about the validity of the work ethic of it's creator.

R

robokruschev

wait akabur is russian? where does he live? because if it's russia, an average months wage comes out to about $88 US give or take conversion rates of the day.

so dunno, if he lives in the US depending on where, what he makes barely covers living expenses in some areas so... dunno.

P.s. I know this sounds hypocritical but I don't think a thread about the game is a good place to have a discussion about the validity of the work ethic of it's creator.
He lives in Rostov-on-Don which overall is a pretty expensive city compared to rural areas. Either way, this dude is making some fat guap a month.

suslik102

May 14, 2017
always funny to see when some kiddoz that spit bs they have absolutely no idea about,. in russia monthly wage is around 20k-48k RUB which is around 300-720 auro.......

and, so much talk about russian this russian that,, why i see 93% of these game devs are russians? does it means all YOUR nations can do is PIRATE these games GREEDY RUSSIANS develop and then CRY and COMPLAIN and SPIT SHIT around?

as i see it,, no matter how bad russians are, they are ahead above you, atleast here..

and why u cry about someone being greedy? noone force anyone to donate, its everyones free will. and if u to poor shit (and u definitely are coz u cry about other ppl money) doesnt mean other ppl cant spend some. some ppl buy CoD, some ppl invest in fresh beginners, who know maybe one of them be an amazing dev in future who kick EA and Ubi into trashpile from gaming industry with their broken sht copy paste *games* that they need 2 years after release to fix into atleast *playable* state........

and there aint only russians whos greedy, look at fucking VALVE = gaYben......
look at majority of EU/US game devs.. id say these russian amateurs make games that can be played without game breaking bugs (for example lets remember games like mafia 3 thats not fixed till this very day)

but take step back to reality, you all whine not bc russians greedy, not bc patreon broken system, but bc u dont have money and u want to get latest content,,,,,
only thing in this world thats free is air. for everything else u must pay one way or another, so stop crying, if u are freebies, then wait till content becomes free for you, it always will.
money only speed up process for few weeks (final release)

(i see tons of crying kiddoz like you on browser games, when they cant find even 5 euro per month to top up, and they always complain and spit shit about ppl who can throw 500-3000 in a month... sick of your kinds..)

Reactions: DedBanzai

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
You're welcome to your own opinion but no reason to get all worked up and nasty over it. You can keep a civil tongue and make a valid point.
However, when your post contains that kind of language, it may just go over their heads as "just another angry russian".
How about we return to discussing the news around star channel??

Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
First off, welcome to the forum @suslik102 , now you seem rather upset and there is no reason for all that. Please don't trash Gaben here, he is a wonderful man and it makes you sound like a jelly hater. Now we've all been jelly at some time or another in our lives, but let's not bring outrage culture to these neutral waters. If you are here you are probably a dirty skallywag like the rest of us or some virtue signaling cunt, either way you are here so try and get along will you?

Henz

Apr 21, 2017
I won't mind it if he charged by update but a monthly charge without monthly updates no thanks

Saikuya

Not a Weeb
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
I won't mind it if he charged by update but a monthly charge without monthly updates no thanks
Thats why he has this at the top of his page. Also, everything he makes is free. His patreon is simply for Donations.

BEFORE YOU PLEDGE though:
If all you have to spare is $1 than you can just stop reading and go do the pledge right now.
If amount of $$$ you have in mind is a bit higher than $1, consider giving me that $1 and giving the rest to someone else. My campaign is going well enough and it's not nice to be greedy I think.
Here is a list of other people who deserve your support as well.

Reactions: Ut5962

JohnJacobs

Jan 17, 2017
What are patreon backer only posts that you can only view if you "donate" to the artist. That's kind of like the justification for DLC in games, no one's forcing you to pay but if you want the complete experience or to view all the art, you have to.
Don't defend patreon or Akabur. He's greedy and patreon is a broken system that has no security for the patron which allows him to exploit it, end of story.
You 8chan creeps bitch too much. SC34 might suck but patreon is not broken just because people like what you don't like.

Henz

Apr 21, 2017
Thats why he has this at the top of his page. Also, everything he makes is free. His patreon is simply for Donations.

BEFORE YOU PLEDGE though:
If all you have to spare is $1 than you can just stop reading and go do the pledge right now.
If amount of $$$ you have in mind is a bit higher than $1, consider giving me that $1 and giving the rest to someone else. My campaign is going well enough and it's not nice to be greedy I think.
Here is a list of other people who deserve your support as well.
I appreciate that unlike many he states this on his page. If he didn't I would be much harsher towards him.

Saikuya

Not a Weeb
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
I appreciate that unlike many he states this on his page. If he didn't I would be much harsher towards him.
I agree, too many people are using patreon to make a quick buck and either don't finish the project they claimed they would or just take their sweet ass time to.

Reactions: Henz

Saikuya

Not a Weeb
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
You 8chan creeps bitch too much. SC34 might suck but patreon is not broken just because people like what you don't like.
Honestly I think the game shows promise. It's too early to tell as he hasn't added in much content and the current version is more of a "Proof of Concept" but I think when it's updated and more is added I will enjoy it as much as his other games.

suslik102

May 14, 2017
You're welcome to your own opinion but no reason to get all worked up and nasty over it. You can keep a civil tongue and make a valid point.
However, when your post contains that kind of language, it may just go over their heads as "just another angry russian".
How about we return to discussing the news around star channel??
i am not russian actually. (also not ukrainian,nor kaukasian, nothing related to russians).

suslik102

May 14, 2017
First off, welcome to the forum @suslik102 , now you seem rather upset and there is no reason for all that. Please don't trash Gaben here, he is a wonderful man and it makes you sound like a jelly hater. Now we've all been jelly at some time or another in our lives, but let's not bring outrage culture to these neutral waters. If you are here you are probably a dirty skallywag like the rest of us or some virtue signaling cunt, either way you are here so try and get along will you?
i am here because easier to find games on patreon thru gaming forums that scout 7000 devs there.
and im not as rich to support everyone,
you miss the point of above post maybe? its not the piracy, but the whining while pirating games due not being able to get the latest content due its being patreon only...

as for the other thing, im kind of person who say (and type) directly whats up on my mind, i dont look for words to seem nicer/richer/cooler/ some pro / or 12 inch* man you know. (if you think what to say/type means u arent 100% honest with what u say imho)

PS: gaYben is a greedy mofo and thats not even a secret...

suslik102

May 14, 2017
for now star channel seems to be on hold due them being really busy with the rebuilding IW. so id say there another month to wait till something comes out for SC

3.80 star(s) 58 Votes