3.80 star(s) 58 Votes

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
No prob! The message came across that way. They way it was worded made us only see the language, not the point.

We understand the point of some people being upset over other people whining because they are not getting the latest patreon versions since it has not leaked. Or we have not found the leak yet.. And yes it does get frustrating hearing the whining and not having a source to get the version. That's okay. I understand being upset over that.

Let me remind you that having a calm discussion about that makes your point heard and gets you more respect. And I would have backed your comment if it was simply "Hey dudes! Don't whine over a version that's not leaked yet. You can wait!"

Muff Diver

Gaming Legend & LoneWolf
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Also Support what @muttdoggy has said, In future dont pick a game thread to rant and go off there are threads in the forums for discussions not game threads like this one. READ RULES for the site also might be helpful to you Thanks Staff

Reactions: Krull

Buffalo Fred

Aug 5, 2016
Nah. If you want Akabur to work faster, he'll need to start losing more money. And I don't mean that in a "I fucking hate this guy!" way - the man has done wonders for adult games.
But it's like the saying about Brazilians in soccer: "Don't ever give them long and comfy contracts, they'll start partying and slacking off too much". :D
Akabur gets more productive when he feels he needs to win back some patrons (and he will once he starts shooting out content faster).

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
Nah. If you want Akabur to work faster, he'll need to start losing more money.
But, you know, he's the one dev I don't mind doing this because this is at the top of his Patreon page:
Image1.jpg
... He is the only patreon I've seen that sentiment pinned on. And, maybe he's attempting reverse-psychology or something. But, I think he's just genuinely a lazy shit that only works when he wants to and doesn't want to feel guilty or obligated to paying fans. I don't know.

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
I didn't mean that in an entirely derogatory sense, though. At least he's capable of feeling guilt about people giving him money when he's not delivering (for whatever reason), to the extent that he tells them not to to sub. Show me another Patreon that says "Hey, no, stop giving me patronbux guys! Here is a list of people that deserve it more." I think that counts for something. Sounds like a cool guy, really.

At any rate, I am really looking forward to a StarChannel update. I think that game has so much potential, it just needs 2 or 3 quick-fixes for major gameplay faults. Like tweaking the length of the grind, and adding text to the UI buttons. And I know they're quick, because I did it to my copy of the game in less than 30 minutes. heh.
screenshot0001.png

Reactions: anonymous1234

Muff Diver

Gaming Legend & LoneWolf
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
WHAT WHAT did he move NO NO seeing is believing, i seen a turtle move quicker lmao but at least its moving. Thanks for info

Telamon

Jun 18, 2017
I didn't mean that in an entirely derogatory sense, though. At least he's capable of feeling guilt about people giving him money when he's not delivering (for whatever reason), to the extent that he tells them not to to sub. Show me another Patreon that says "Hey, no, stop giving me patronbux guys! Here is a list of people that deserve it more." I think that counts for something. Sounds like a cool guy, really.

At any rate, I am really looking forward to a StarChannel update. I think that game has so much potential, it just needs 2 or 3 quick-fixes for major gameplay faults. Like tweaking the length of the grind, and adding text to the UI buttons. And I know they're quick, because I did it to my copy of the game in less than 30 minutes. heh.
View attachment 13261
I think you just need to come to terms with the fact that all his games are grindy as fuck. It's how he stretches out content. I still enjoy his games though.

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
Honestly if he comes out with a new version before the year is up I will be impressed I know Akabur is not the most dependable or fastest but at least his games never fail to have lulz

Reactions: Darth Helmet

Darth Helmet

May The Schwartz Be With You
Respected User
Donor
Apr 7, 2017
Honestly if he comes out with a new version before the year is up I will be impressed I know Akabur is not the most dependable or fastest but at least his games never fail to have lulz
I concur. I don't mind the wait. Cause I know I'll have some good laughs and be busy grinding to unlock everything.

moonanon

Aug 17, 2016
I think he set a nebulous update deadline that was set for late August to January 2018... so let's all hope he's not being sarcastic with that 'tomorrow' from post #94

Meko

Jun 20, 2017
hmmm yeah I was thinking when i read the comments on the post but ah well.
I won't cling too much on my hopes I might be disappointed.

If it's today that would be awesome if not well I'll just have to wait and play Van Helsing and go to school next week >...<

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
I think he set a nebulous update deadline that was set for late August to January 2018... so let's all hope he's not being sarcastic with that 'tomorrow' from post #94
The halrious shit about Akabur is the same with Shadman they are both internet trolls to the max and often troll their fan base for lulz

Reactions: krwiopalczasty
3.80 star(s) 58 Votes