Others Star Hunt [v0.2] [WitchBeast]

4.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Removingmage

Jul 1, 2022
When you are on the bridge, is there any way to access other parts of the ship?

I can only click the Navigation table and that's it. So, if you go to the bridge from the research lab, you can't get back or go anywhere. :/

Also, a gallery for lewd scenes outside the research room scenes would be a nice touch to re-visit them, maybe in a new room on the ship. Because that science team scene was pretty good.

Keep up the great work!
hold left click and move to the side

WitchBeast

Apr 26, 2022
Love the fact this is still getting updated but unfortunately it still gives me black screens every other scene and i dont know why
This black screen bug again. I still haven't figured out what is the deal with it. I even texted to developers of the engine at some point and they could not gave me any useful tips on what it could be. Can you describe to me your experience with this bug. Like, what parts are working and at what points this problem starts to appear?

aaryncage

Jun 7, 2017
This black screen bug again. I still haven't figured out what is the deal with it. I even texted to developers of the engine at some point and they could not gave me any useful tips on what it could be. Can you describe to me your experience with this bug. Like, what parts are working and at what points this problem starts to appear?
So what happens is the game works fine during the first part of a scene example is guy who you give a blowjob to works, the first scene works then when it progresses to the next scene i hear the blowjob noises but the screen goes black and i can only close the game weirdly enough the wolfman scenes work fine now but the new mushroom guy after sleeping works to but once you get the cum scene it black screens as well and only plays sound, sorry if this isnt good enough info thats legit what happens and it also sometimes happens and sometimes it doesnt its like a timebomb, were if it doesnt happen at a scene it will probably happen next cum scene

WitchBeast

Apr 26, 2022
So what happens is the game works fine during the first part of a scene example is guy who you give a blowjob to works, the first scene works then when it progresses to the next scene i hear the blowjob noises but the screen goes black and i can only close the game weirdly enough the wolfman scenes work fine now but the new mushroom guy after sleeping works to but once you get the cum scene it black screens as well and only plays sound, sorry if this isn't good enough info that's legit what happens and it also sometimes happens and sometimes it doesn't its like a timebomb, were if it doesn't happen at a scene it will probably happen next cum scene
So usually when you transition to the next stage of the scene(like when you have sex with Merchant and then, after that you have pov blowjob scene) or when you transition to cum version of scene, engine delete's previous file(they are literary mp4 format videos) and creates the next one instead. Its interesting that the sound from the new mp4 file loads but the visual part don't. Does this problem apears on random scenes each time, or only on specific scenes?

aaryncage

Jun 7, 2017
So usually when you transition to the next stage of the scene(like when you have sex with Merchant and then, after that you have pov blowjob scene) or when you transition to cum version of scene, engine delete's previous file(they are literary mp4 format videos) and creates the next one instead. Its interesting that the sound from the new mp4 file loads but the visual part don't. Does this problem apears on random scenes each time, or only on specific scenes?
so i just did a quick play, so the wolfman scenes are fine, the blow job from the blue merchant this time progressed to the ponytail up scene then blacked out, so i closed the game, went to the shower and now the shower scene didnt work blacked out and once again the sound worked, but heres something intresting i didnt move my mouse during the blowjob scene to were it was on next and even tho the screen was black i could click next and a new scene played with new sounds but was blacked out

WitchBeast

Apr 26, 2022
so i just did a quick play, so the wolfman scenes are fine, the blow job from the blue merchant this time progressed to the ponytail up scene then blacked out, so i closed the game, went to the shower and now the shower scene didnt work blacked out and once again the sound worked, but heres something intresting i didnt move my mouse during the blowjob scene to were it was on next and even tho the screen was black i could click next and a new scene played with new sounds but was blacked out
Thanks man, this is actually brought me some ideas where to search for the problem. Hopefully i will figure something out for the next update. Last thing, what screen resolution do you have and is it Windows or Mac build?

aaryncage

Jun 7, 2017
Thanks man, this is actually brought me some ideas where to search for the problem. Hopefully i will figure something out for the next update. Last thing, what screen resolution do you have and is it Windows or Mac build?
so ive tried full-screen and not full-screen my monitor is 1920x1080 and i'm on windows 11 believe me i really like this game so far and it sucks im like the only one having this issue i even thought maybe it was my drivers or graphic settings but no other game does this i can play the sims 4, rimworld, even the new game lethal company with no issues

WitchBeast

Apr 26, 2022
so ive tried full-screen and not full-screen my monitor is 1920x1080 and i'm on windows 11 believe me i really like this game so far and it sucks im like the only one having this issue i even thought maybe it was my drivers or graphic settings but no other game does this i can play the sims 4, rimworld, even the new game lethal company with no issues
Most likely its the engine. Sometimes it is killings me with the dumb and illogical bugs. Thanks again man.

• Red Heart
Reactions: aaryncage

aaryncage

Jun 7, 2017
Most likely its the engine. Sometimes it is killings me with the dumb and illogical bugs. Thanks again man.
question could it be the videos are 4k? i remember my video player having issues running 4k and above videos sometimes i am told i need hevc which once again never has been a issue in gaming but since you said it loads videos i was wondering if maybe that could be the issue

WitchBeast

Apr 26, 2022
question could it be the videos are 4k? i remember my video player having issues running 4k and above videos sometimes i am told i need hevc which once again never has been a issue in gaming but since you said it loads videos i was wondering if maybe that could be the issue
Nope, its 1080, and I compress the video so that it has a small weight and loads faster. I thought that maybe some problem with codecs. But you said that at some point you had completely black screen. The "next" button loads separately from video, if its not visible then its the problem is not you're system or the video. I thought that maybe this is a problem of resolution and the camera is displaced, causing the video to actually play somewhere off-screen, this would explain the presence of sound. But I have the same Windows on my laptop and the same resolution as you, the game is initially made for 1920 x 1080 and is tested on it. That's why I think its some engine problems.
Like, I literally finished updates and tests on Monday but could not export build because of different errors that Gdevelop was given me. And after struggling for three days I randomly came up with idea to install older version of the engine and for no apparent reason it actually worked. Nether the errors or the solution to them make no sense.

Reactions: Demonic Ingrid

aaryncage

Jun 7, 2017
Nope, its 1080, and I compress the video so that it has a small weight and loads faster. I thought that maybe some problem with codecs. But you said that at some point you had completely black screen. The "next" button loads separately from video, if its not visible then its the problem is not you're system or the video. I thought that maybe this is a problem of resolution and the camera is displaced, causing the video to actually play somewhere off-screen, this would explain the presence of sound. But I have the same Windows on my laptop and the same resolution as you, the game is initially made for 1920 x 1080 and is tested on it. That's why I think its some engine problems.
Like, I literally finished updates and tests on Monday but could not export build because of different errors that Gdevelop was given me. And after struggling for three days I randomly came up with idea to install older version of the engine and for no apparent reason it actually worked. Nether the errors or the solution to them make no sense.
interesting, i also did give it another play to maybe hope and pray and by accident i moved the video during the ass slap and managed to see the level behind it and was actually able to click on the blue merchant wasnt able to progress till the ass slap video was over but hey the more info the better, so you might be correct in that the video might be playing some were else but ill stop pestering you and just wait till the next update and hope a fix is found :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: WitchBeast

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
WitchBeast congrats on the new demo, it's got a lot of great new content. I don't know who updated this thread with your new release, but your game wasn't 'promoted' in the process. FYI promotion adds it to this page, where it gets a lot of visibility. I asked the admins to promote your game so it's on that page now, but you should always try to get it promoted whenever you release. That way you'll get the most attention and that will help drive your Patreon numbers as well. And if you haven't yet, request the game developer's tag so you can get looped into that community and learn more about how to leverage this site.

A lot of folks have been asking about you and we're glad to hear you've been able to persevere through the troubles in your country. Sending you lots of positive thoughts.

big_shl0m0

Jul 13, 2023
Glad you're back with your fun little game!
Also glad there's now some anal scenes included, MC's absulute dump truck of an ass was asking for a proper pounding.
Would be nice to see more big and absurdly hung monsters ravaging ass, or maybe multiple smaller dudes showing her what DAP means. And that guy with a mechanical arm should've totally fisted her to show her her place, hehe. Could be pretty funny scene.
What can I say, I'm an anal guy.

Anyway, great work, waiting for future updates, hope you won't leave us waiting too long :)

WitchBeast

Apr 26, 2022
WitchBeast congrats on the new demo, it's got a lot of great new content. I don't know who updated this thread with your new release, but your game wasn't 'promoted' in the process. FYI promotion adds it to this page, where it gets a lot of visibility. I asked the admins to promote your game so it's on that page now, but you should always try to get it promoted whenever you release. That way you'll get the most attention and that will help drive your Patreon numbers as well. And if you haven't yet, request the game developer's tag so you can get looped into that community and learn more about how to leverage this site.

A lot of folks have been asking about you and we're glad to hear you've been able to persevere through the troubles in your country. Sending you lots of positive thoughts.
Thanks man. Had no idea about all this nuances. This is very helpful.

4.00 star(s) 12 Votes