the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Star Knightess Aura v0.16.3a.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
minimum system requirements: Android 10 and OpenGL ES 3.2

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

Reactions: CurtisBlaydes

wadebk201

Apr 23, 2021
Festival of Greed...

I'm lost, I don't know what to do, I did everything I defeated the enemy, I played Jack, I talked to everyone I saw but I can't get the vip pass... is there something I have to do? I have 21000 perika... Help please...

Makouh

Mar 28, 2020
Festival of Greed...

I'm lost, I don't know what to do, I did everything I defeated the enemy, I played Jack, I talked to everyone I saw but I can't get the vip pass... is there something I have to do? I have 21000 perika... Help please...
If you cant have enough Perika and you already do all the content you can trade stats against Perika

Spicybobman

Sep 28, 2018
Good game, but what is a good way to remove corruption? i have nothing to spend on and i cant buy any holy water, and its on 24/25?

hotaruchan1

Sep 7, 2018
Good game, but what is a good way to remove corruption? i have nothing to spend on and i cant buy any holy water, and its on 24/25?
the corruption mechanic is kinda there as that sort of thing. it is a time limit of sorts eventually you run out of stuff to do with it and boom. easy mode disables the gameover for high coruption (among other things)

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
If you have exhausted every possible option, there's also a way to increase max corruption by killing demons.
Doing Demonic Vaults will also unlock more Blessed Water.

Other than that, on Story Mode the game over is disabled.
And of course there's always the option to sub on patreon to get the newest mental changes for dumping corruption :p

smkey21

Nov 15, 2017
As others have said, you are pretty limited in your choices. You can pretty much either switch to story difficulty, or accept the loss. If you do lose, you will probably earn at least a few points that you can use to start with a few extra bombs or some gold, which will make the next attempt easier. Unless you have a pretty high lewdness score I would suggest switching to story mode, as you'll be able to explore more of the game, which will be more entertaining and useful than the small bonuses you could get for a game over if you end up doing a second playthrough.

mechheiser29

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2022
there should be real world freedom to roam.
That has an effect on aura conversion towards everyone with whom you have ever interacted.

Dom1anon

Jun 21, 2018
there should be real world freedom to roam.
That has an effect on aura conversion towards everyone with whom you have ever interacted.
Reactive worlds/npcs in the world seem surprisingly underused in these kinds of games.
A girl can go from normal to J-cupped futa demon and in most games NPC will still treat her exactly like they did at the start.

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
Reactive worlds/npcs in the world seem surprisingly underused in these kinds of games.
A girl can go from normal to J-cupped futa demon and in most games NPC will still treat her exactly like they did at the start.
I mean, you say surprisingly. But that would require every character to have new reactions in relation to various ways things may change which increases the amount of dialogue exponentially. Especially if you want them to react in an organic seeming manner to any combination of changes as well.
So in all honesty it is likely rare because it is incredibly effort intensive for a pay off that is mostly in immersion value.

Dom1anon

Jun 21, 2018
I mean, you say surprisingly. But that would require every character to have new reactions in relation to various ways things may change which increases the amount of dialogue exponentially. Especially if you want them to react in an organic seeming manner to any combination of changes as well.
So in all honesty it is likely rare because it is incredibly effort intensive for a pay off that is mostly in immersion value.
It's actually not nearly as much work as you make it sound. Unless you make it harder on yourself than it has to be. Nobody cares if an NPC comments on a change of hair colour, the entire point is usually to make changes of the protagonist or the NPC the game is focused around corrupting feel more real to add humiliation and increase immersion. Makes it all feel more alive, really. So here's what you do:
Either divide the transformation/corruption into x number of phases or do it based on commentary on specific events.
Then choose whether you frontload the comments or integrate them into the dialogue.
Then choose whether you want generic comments shared among NPCs or unique ones to each NPC.
Even if you go with the option that is the most work, unique comments/changes integrated into the original dialogue for every NPC, all you have to do when writing/programming the game is go
if corruption > 20
[copy paste original text, make some changes]
And then adjust based on how many phases you want. Even a single one (innocent -> megawhore) is already a noticable improvement, but making 3-4 or more phases is not actually really much of an issue as long as you're smart enough to want to include it at the start and don't implement it later so you'll have to go back to every NPC, but even if you do THAT you can do like 30 NPCs with 4 phases in a single afternoon+evening easily if you're a quick worker.

I feel like due to all the (mostly vacuous) complaining by devs about how hard h-game development is it has been mythologized to a silly degree. People either completely overestimate or completely underestimate how much work certain tasks are.
Dialogue changes for NPCs are literally the easiest thing in the world.

And before you ask what authority or experience I have to speak on such matters:

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
I feel like due to all the (mostly vacuous) complaining by devs about how hard h-game development is it has been mythologized to a silly degree. People either completely overestimate or completely underestimate how much work certain tasks are.
You are free to make such a reactive h-game! Since it seems to be an underveloped area and it's easily done in a couple of days, I eagerly await your game.

FakerLover73

Aug 15, 2021
It's actually not nearly as much work as you make it sound. Unless you make it harder on yourself than it has to be. Nobody cares if an NPC comments on a change of hair colour, the entire point is usually to make changes of the protagonist or the NPC the game is focused around corrupting feel more real to add humiliation and increase immersion. Makes it all feel more alive, really. So here's what you do:
Either divide the transformation/corruption into x number of phases or do it based on commentary on specific events.
Then choose whether you frontload the comments or integrate them into the dialogue.
Then choose whether you want generic comments shared among NPCs or unique ones to each NPC.
Even if you go with the option that is the most work, unique comments/changes integrated into the original dialogue for every NPC, all you have to do when writing/programming the game is go
if corruption > 20
[copy paste original text, make some changes]
And then adjust based on how many phases you want. Even a single one (innocent -> megawhore) is already a noticable improvement, but making 3-4 or more phases is not actually really much of an issue as long as you're smart enough to want to include it at the start and don't implement it later so you'll have to go back to every NPC, but even if you do THAT you can do like 30 NPCs with 4 phases in a single afternoon+evening easily if you're a quick worker.

And before you ask what authority or experience I have to speak on such matters:
I mean not regarding the things u said, but the screenshot of the earnings in ur spoiler could have come from literally anything, without context this isn't proof to anything (since I believe you wanted to use that as proof for ur authority when it comes to creating rpg's)

Dom1anon

Jun 21, 2018
You are free to make such a reactive h-game! Since it seems to be an underveloped area and it's easily done in a couple of days, I eagerly await your game.
You seem upset, judging by the petty passive-aggression. If it makes you feel better, I wasn't referring to or even thinking about you with anything I wrote in my post.
Sore topic?
I think I remember you posting your game on /aco/ a long time ago, still haven't tried it since I don't really do unfinished games, but I'll continue keeping an eye on it. From what I've seen here it looks pretty good and genuinely tries to do some creative things.

I mean not regarding the things u said, but the screenshot of the earnings in ur spoiler could have come from literally anything, without context this isn't proof to anything (since I believe you wanted to use that as proof for ur authority when it comes to creating rpg's)
It comes from an old post from me here a couple years ago. You're right though, the merits of my statements stand on their own.
Adjusting dialogue really isn't that hard.

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
Sore topic?
Yes. There won't be an open world to roam in RL and the reactivity of NPCs in the isekai will be limited.
My focus is on the main content and game completion before doing nice-to-haves.

Doesn't matter how many people say how easy it would be to add this one feature1 or that other feature2.

EDIT: If your comments have absolutely no relation to the game or me, and you don't even know the game, then I'm not entirely sure why you're posting your theory on game development processes in here. I don't think you understand the efforts required to add a full second world plus the reactivity for all the changes in relationships/appearance/lewdness/etc. the protagonist goes through.

EDIT2: Some further extension. You write that your arguments stand by their own merit, but in truth, there isn't even an argument.
Notice how you have used metrics such as x NPCs / afternoon+evening (???) which aren't metrics that can be used for any sort of discussion.
How much work goes into one NPC? How much into one corruption stage? The number of NPCs is a meaningless metric.
Your argument would look a lot better if you used something like #words, which isn't perfect either, but much better.
For some people an NPC may be a lewd NPC with a whole lewd scene attached and a reactive lewd NPC would be one with different lewd events at different corruption stages, but that's most likely not what you are talking about.

Here is how you can do an actual estimation to judge actual work load.
Let's say the NPCs in a game have a brief interaction of 100 words with the protagonist.
That's about 4 RPGM text boxes, 2 for the protagonist and 2 for the NPC.
There are 4 corruption stages, each with unique dialogue.
Then 30 NPCS would give 30 * 4 * 100 words = 12.000 words.
Let's say "one afternoon" and "one evening" correspond to 4h each.
Then, with these parameters, according to your thesis it would be simple enough to write (let's focus only on writing) 12000 words in 8h.
For reference, if you check the average writing speed per 8h work day, then you will find that it's at about 2000 words.
As another reference, 2000 words or 10k characters is a common length for japenese VN lewd scenes. So this is about the effort of 6 lewd scenes.
In other words, in this scenario with only a 100 words per NPC / corruption stage your estimate would be off by about a factor 6.

These are actually meaningful number with which you can work with because they eliminate invisible assumptions.
For example, if a single interaction is only 10 words, then the entire calculation changes massively.
And now it's no longer an act about talking about something "mystic" but a matter of talking about required workload vs expected return for the player.
For example, you could consider now the value of adding 6 lewd scenes vs adding these 30 reactive NPCs.

Last edited:

Dom1anon

Jun 21, 2018
Yes. There won't be an open world to roam in RL and the reactivity of NPCs in the isekai will be limited.
My focus is on the main content and game completion before doing nice-to-haves.

Doesn't matter how many people say how easy it would be to add this one feature1 or that other feature2.

EDIT: If your comments have absolutely no relation to the game or me, and you don't even know the game, then I'm not entirely sure why you're posting your theory on game development processes in here. I don't think you understand the efforts required to add a full second world plus the reactivity for all the changes in relationships/appearance/lewdness/etc. the protagonist goes through.
I know internet discussions can get heated and sometimes it's easy to confuse people and opinions they have, like you're doing now, so I'll try to clear that up. But I'd suggest you stop accusing me of things or assume what I do or don't understand when you're clearly the one who misunderstood something here.
Despite your tone I'll assume good faith and try to clear it up though, feel free to apologize afterwards if you think it's appropriate.
First of all, I roughly follow the development of your game because it seems interesting, just because I rarely play unfinished games doesn't mean I don't keep an eye on promising projects.
Second of all, this post:
Was a reply to the guy you actually seem to be angry at and a very general statement about the state of things in the industry.
After that, Seamonkey posted a reply to give his thoughts on the topic and his opinion on what the reasons for it are:
It's not a bad point to make and I understand where he's coming from, but while both he and I are talking about a feature that might have been suggested for your game before, the level the conversation is at is at a general one for games in general.
So I reply with moderate effort in a post that describes some ways to handle it in general here:
You seem to have taken that post as a personal insult for some reason, despite me saying it had nothing to do with you. I understand the frustration you might feel at others who annoy you about a certain feature, but that just has nothing to do with what I wrote. So you made this passive aggressive post:
I didn't take it personally, tried to explain what's going on here and complimented your game:
Your reaction to that was yet another passive-aggressive post here where you told me that features I never even mentioned and certainly never suggested for your game won't be in the game:
As to your question for why I posted that longer post, it just organically came up in the conversation. I know in a very active thread like this stuff sometimes gets lots in translation in-between replies, but at the latest after I made that post to explain that I wasn't criticizing you it should have been clear that... I wasn't criticizing you.
I'll be frank, I don't know what kind of drama went on for you to react the way you did to me, but you should try to relax a bit more. There's no need to make enemies when you can make fans and spit in the face of people who reach out their hand to you when you've been rude for no reason.
Your game still seems interesting, it has a fresh concept and it's successful, don't let yourself get bothered by people asking you to put stuff in that you don't want or don't think is realistic. What you're doing clearly works and from what I've seen you've managed to keep your scope in control in a way that allows relatively frequent updates.
I genuinely hope this cleared things up and helped you realize that I never wanted to start shit with you. You seem like a hard working guy.

Dom1anon

Jun 21, 2018
I also know that on 4chan a lot of people also consider my game a lazy scam (I check the archives), so I strongly feel the need to connect your very general arguments to this game and make clear what this feature would mean for Star Knightess Aura. I actually made the calculations when I initially planned the game (with numbers that fit the interactions for THIS game) and a trade-off for the invested time vs investing time into other features.
I haven't actually been on /aco/ in a long time so I didn't know what the general opinion there is (as far as that can even exist, when I was last there like a year ago 1 guy made half the posts in the 2dgeneral and that was after like a year of absence already(the year before that he had been there too)).
I actually don't think a free-roaming overworld is necessary for these kinds of games. You can design them in a way that they become an interesting feature and a fun part of the experience, but 99% of the games don't and you just run around wasting your time in them.
It's kinda like the RPG maker battle system, a few years ago a lot of games just kinda put it in there as filler. Nowadays more and more games actually try to make the battle system be interesting in its own right by putting in some effort into the battles and rpg elements themselves, add sexual interactions into the battles or just drop them completely. I think that's a good step forward and hope overworlds go the same way and unless they actually contribute positively to the experience just become less common in the future.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Star Knightess Aura v0.17.0.
minimum system requirements: Android 10 and OpenGL ES 3.2

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

Suit

May 11, 2019
My only issue with this game is the lack of bad ends. A quest that's practically begging for one is the manor/maid quest, but she laughs off going there despite very nearly losing herself the last time. There's no real choice outside of the railroaded corruption from what I can see.

3.90 star(s) 174 Votes